CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
B-G
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
b381l
CoverTwo
Why is everyone anti (1402)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1116)
Just thought of some (932)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (781)
Let us clarify some (740)
How did we not make (691)
Miss St. defense (662)
Is Clowney back toni (610)
Flopping is reaching (351)
Roll call for Auburn
SOS says his next stop is
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
Name a Gamecock
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins

Old 03-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #21
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
YankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his comb
Default Re: Uniform thread haters beware

Looks an awful lot like this to me.

YankeeGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #22
RebelGamecockfan09
Runnin round

Male

CockyCash: 1225
RebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his combRebelGamecockfan09 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
As much as I love the Joe Morrison script, I don't think it would look good on our helmets. I'm personally not a fan of Ole Miss and Florida's use of script on their helmets. It feels dated to me, and like others have said, it would be difficult to read. Maybe as a one-off for a special uniform at some point would be cool.

I would, however, like to see the JoeMo script on more 'retro' t-shirts and hats and what not. I think that it's a classic Carolina logo that needs to be used more often.

Well I was talking about the carolina on the jersey, changing it from the block lettering used now to the cursive jo mo script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #23
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

i cri evertim
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #24
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

You do realize every time we wear something other than our regular uniforms, we lose.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #25
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 11271
GamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot materialGamecockGirl23 is USC mascot material

I'm not sure how I'd like the cursive font...wouldn't mind seeing the black jerseys and maybe a different look to the helmets though. Does anyone know the reason as to why we stopped wearing the black jerseys?
Old 03-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #26
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You do realize every time we wear something other than our regular uniforms, we lose.
correlation does not prove causation.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #27
eklypised
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

I just wanna see the garnet helmets again...
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #28
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9941
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Throwback option to honor the 1969 team.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #29
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInPA View Post
Follow @Gamecockology on twitter; there've been a bunch of uniform design posts recently to keep you busy all summer.
Yeah or Instagram too.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #30
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

CockyCash: 500
5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

I think when the D lines up in stance the unis should look like transformers. Now, When the O lines up.....never mind....
Old 03-22-2014, 02:17 AM   #31
UndercoverCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000000
UndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
(Insert obligatory comment about wearing pink tutus as long as we win.)
Why? Why not just stay out of the thread if you have literally nothing to contribute?

I would love to see this on the baseball team- maybe one day in the future, if we did a weird retro uni, this could be nostalgic enough to pass. I like it, but I wanna hang on to what we've got for a bit.

I WANT THOSE SOCKS, MAN.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #32
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverCock View Post
Why? Why not just stay out of the thread if you have literally nothing to contribute?
You could also do like the rest of the board and take my post for what it was, a joke. It sure beats the hell out of getting your little feelings hurt over it.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #33
UndercoverCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000000
UndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot materialUndercoverCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
You could also do like the rest of the board and take my post for what it was, a joke. It sure beats the hell out of getting your little feelings hurt over it.
See, I didn't make it personal. My 'little feelings' were a question you couldn't answer without resorting to being a jerk. The rest of the thread may very well have ignored your HILARIOUS 'joke', but I asked you a question. I didn't get upset, or belittle your opinion.

I'm able to type a lot. That doesn't mean that words=butthurt.

I love that someone thinks that if fans discuss something other than repeating, 'LONG AS WE WIN!' that somehow we're just begging to lose. Not everyone needs to be told to shut it in order to effectively pull for Carolina in 157 days.

Do YOU have the countdown going in your head on a daily basis? Or is my question gonna lead to more hearing about how outraged I am? If they change the uni to throwback to JoMo, will it affect our play? That answer is: NO.

Should they make a throwback? Let's discuss it. No? Just gotta win so let's shut up? What's the point in having a discussion board if discussion isn't appreciated? So we can all see some more ten year old Chuck Norris jokes?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #34
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverCock View Post
See, I didn't make it personal. My 'little feelings' were a question you couldn't answer without resorting to being a jerk. The rest of the thread may very well have ignored your HILARIOUS 'joke', but I asked you a question. I didn't get upset, or belittle your opinion.

I'm able to type a lot. That doesn't mean that words=butthurt.

I love that someone thinks that if fans discuss something other than repeating, 'LONG AS WE WIN!' that somehow we're just begging to lose. Not everyone needs to be told to shut it in order to effectively pull for Carolina in 157 days.

Do YOU have the countdown going in your head on a daily basis? Or is my question gonna lead to more hearing about how outraged I am? If they change the uni to throwback to JoMo, will it affect our play? That answer is: NO.

Should they make a throwback? Let's discuss it. No? Just gotta win so let's shut up? What's the point in having a discussion board if discussion isn't appreciated? So we can all see some more ten year old Chuck Norris jokes?

So let's recap. Every few months a uniform thread comes up, and every one of those threads contains at least one post that says something to the affect of my first post in this thread. Acknowledging that, the OP titles his thread "Uniform Thread Haters Beware" as a tongue-in-cheek jab at that fact. So I reply with
Quote:
(Insert obligatory comment about wearing pink tutus as long as we win.)
as a way to also poke fun at the obvious theme that accompanies these types of threads.

You failed to see the joke, which is ok. Humor can be a hit or miss. Then you replied to it, accused me of contributing nothing to the thread, and implying that I should just stay out of the thread. When I call you out on that, you take two days to come up with your rant as seen above.

So since you asked so nicely, I will answer your original question:

[IMG]Why? Why not just stay out of the thread if you have literally nothing to contribute?[/IMG]

My response was in support of the thread's title in that it acknowledges the fact that many on this board do not like uniform threads. It does so by repeating an often seen response that takes the uniform change to the farthest extreme and follows it by stating the fact that it does not matter as long as the team is winning. I placed my response in parentheses and included the words "insert" and "obligatory" to mimic the act of posting such a custom response as seen by many of us who have been around a while. It was also meant to symbolize the fact that the opinion being reiterated was not necessarily that of my own.

I realize that my reply to you came off in an abrasive tone, and that there were probably a million better ways to approach it. The same thing, though, could be said of both of your posts here.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #35
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Awww I think we need a group hug here [pink tutus optional]
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #36
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Awww I think we need a group hug here [pink tutus optional]
I agree. And I'll be wearing my pink tutu fwiw

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk