CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
thekob
A. Pilgrim
B-G
Winston (5175)
ESPN reporter adding (3203)
SOS: No QB controve (2282)
In light of our matc (1401)
How we won the UGA g (1371)
Just read this. (1311)
If we keep winning a (706)
Neat statistic bruhh (616)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Should I move to Oxf (510)
uniforms saturday
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Happy National Cheeseburg
Vandy Fans
Winston
In light of our matchup w
Places to watch Carolina
The SEC East schedule fro
Christian Walker called u
How we won the UGA game:

Old 03-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Prayer request

Well I have had a horrible afternoon. I came home from grocery store and somehow my dog got out unbeknownst to me...I get a call from my across the street neighbor that my dog was in her backyard in extreme pain. I run over there (he visits there often as he loves their dog) and he is yelping like I have never seen him yelp before. It was obvious that he was injured and could not put any weight on his right front leg. He is an eighty pound golden retriever so moving him was difficult but I finally get him into the car and go to emergency vet. I could not tell if he had separated his shoulder or fractured his leg. After X-ray, it turns out he has complete fracture of humerus (upper leg bone). But when they looked at X-ray, they are concerned that the fracture was potentially due to bone cancer as the bone looks different. They have stabilized the poor guy for the night, but tomorrow we meet with the local orthopedic surgeon to see if he thinks the legs can be salvaged through surgery if there is no cancer there...we are hopeful as no metastasis was seen in lung films. The emergency vet said that we should consider amputation if there is any chance of cancer.

I just feel awful because he got out when I opened the door. I know that there are many true tragedies in the world but if you can, say a little prayer for my dog that we can get him comfortable and healthy, whatever the treatment may be...he is a great dog and friendly to anyone he has ever met and just loves life. He always is there to greet you at the door when you come home and will curl up with you when you are sick...I just wish I was there for him
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Prayer request

Peace be with you.

We've only had our kitten, Skitters, since Christmas, but we'd be lost without her. Pets are family.
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Hope everything goes well and he recovers quickly
Old 03-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Yeah pets are definitely family and Goldens are great dogs. Hope all goes well and that you don't have to make the tough decisions (we've had to several times and it always sucks)
Old 03-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I am down with your pup getting well. What is his name?

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

I hate it for you. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Hoping for the best for your four-legged buddy. My dogs are basically my kids and I know how worried you must be. Let us know how he progresses.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Thanks all...his name is rusty
Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Hoping for the best for Rusty. Sorry that he and you have to go through this.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Thanks all...his name is rusty
I wish the best for Rusty and your whole family.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Dogs are family man.

I love the joke about unconditional love. It goes like this: If you ever wonder who loves you more, take your dog and your wife and put them in the trunk of your car for three hours. After that, open the trunk. Which one is happy to see you?

I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for your little buddy.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #12
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Man that sucks. Hope he gets better.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #13
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

You have my prayers.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #14
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

well we got the news I was fearing the most. The orthopedic does not recommend surgery to repair the fracture leg b/c he felt 99.9% sure it was secondary to osteosarcoma. He has recommended that we consider either amputation of the leg with chemotherapy with a prognosis of 6-13 months tops or we consider euthanasia. I don't know what to do in this case....money is not a concern in terms of either option but I don't want to put him through the pain of surgery and chemo if it will not prolong his life but on the other hand I am not ready to say goodbye. I want to make the best decision for him as opposed to what is best for me...

Any guidance would be appreciated....anyone who has been through this please let me know. Working today is going to be a nightmare. I am going to meet with the vet at 5 pm so that I can be away from the office when I have a complete breakdown

Last edited by ShutTheSuccop; 03-17-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #15
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

There is no right answer here, just try to do what you feel is best for your dog. My heart is breaking for your pain right now. My wife and I have two dogs, and this is my worst fear -- this decision. One other thought, I see you are in TN -- UT has a pretty good vet program with a medical center. You might want to touch base with their small animal hospital and see if there are any additional treatment options. They might be working on something cutting edge, that you're local vet just isn't in the loop on yet.

Ultimately it's a quality of life decision. Do you think your dog can enjoy more time with you and your family after the surgery? Whatever you decide, your dog will know how much you love him.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #16
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Really sorry to hear about this. Stay strong man.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #17
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Damn. I'll be with you at 5:00.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #18
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

So sorry to read this update. Thoughts are with you.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #19
The'Boose2001
The Watchman

Male

CockyCash: 400
The'Boose2001 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to The'Boose2001 Send a message via Skype™ to The'Boose2001

My prayers are especially with you, but your family and pet as well. May your animal be found safe without any harm.

Benjamin

The'Boose2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear this. I have a shar pei that is 12 and I fear the decision. She has already outlived the average. Prayers to you and rusty
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote