CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
ZenUSC
gromweat
Well, as it turns ou (2529)
Luginbill says ECU s (2406)
What the heck is up (1908)
Next years RB situat (1713)
ECU fan here (1425)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1365)
Davis dinged up agai (1227)
Freaky Coincidence o (1103)
Defensive stand-arou (964)
Quarles is a Colt! (731)
Davis dinged up again?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
So, Vanderbilt is next
Well, as it turns out, we
Gamecocks 247 sports
New Photos by Travis Bell
For the love of God! -- P
Robin William's fakes dea
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with

Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 PM   #41
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: CBI hopes for Gamecocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
We have as many wins against power conferences as Wichita State and scheduled twice as many games against power conferences than did Wichita State did....
I wish we would have made it to the A-Sun finals. We could have beat Mercer. Too many late turnovers in the semis cost us.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #42
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wichita State just became the Boise State of college hoops, Tennessee is their best win this season. Their body of work doesn't warrant a 1 seed, all I am saying at least Upstate will go schedule power conferences more so than 1 who will schedule a cupcake OOC. Hopefull WSU gets the boot early.
They went to the Final Four last year. They didn't just come out of nowhere.

Haters gonna hate.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #43
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I wish we would have made it to the A-Sun finals. We could have beat Mercer. Too many late turnovers in the semis cost us.
We are about 2-3 years from Dancing, tired of seeing Wofford in the Dance when they refuse to schedule us.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #44
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
We are about 2-3 years from Dancing, tired of seeing Wofford in the Dance when they refuse to schedule us.
Being a Wofford Grad, I always wondered about this issue. There apparently is a deep-seeded issue between the two teams. I know some Upstate players from the early 90s and they seem to think it was on the Wofford side. It would be a great rivalry.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #45
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Being a Wofford Grad, I always wondered about this issue. There apparently is a deep-seeded issue between the two teams. I know some Upstate players from the early 90s and they seem to think it was on the Wofford side. It would be a great rivalry.
I live in Spartanburg and have often wondered why they never play. I know one of the assistant coaches at Wofford . I will try and get in touch with him and see if he has any insight as to why they do not play.

It would be great for the area though.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #46
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
I live in Spartanburg and have often wondered why they never play. I know one of the assistant coaches at Wofford . I will try and get in touch with him and see if he has any insight as to why they do not play.

It would be great for the area though.
Quick Google search yielded this:
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=547573

Don't know anything about that board, so take it for what it's worth.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #47
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Wichita State just became the Boise State of college hoops, Tennessee is their best win this season. Their body of work doesn't warrant a 1 seed, all I am saying at least Upstate will go schedule power conferences more so than 1 who will schedule a cupcake OOC. Hopefull WSU gets the boot early.
No it was Saint Louis.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #48
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I think SOS is missing that none of the power conferences in the Midwest want to play Wichita st.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #49
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I think SOS is missing that none of the power conferences in the Midwest want to play Wichita st.
It's not really that as much as it is that Wichita State doesn't want to have to make 2-for-1 and other less than favorable deals in order to get power conference opponents. With the success they've had over the last 3-4 years, they feel like they are above having to cater to those schools. There was a pretty good article about it a couple of weeks ago. Think it was on cbssports.com site.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote