CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (28057)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2231)
Simple "yes&quo (1575)
We actually didnt lo (1387)
Phil Steele just pre (1253)
what I think ab ward (1142)
Extremely Proud (1042)
Eat Crow (1033)
Garcia: Change the R (800)
I want people to exp (758)
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Old 03-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #21
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Does Brenton Williams have a shot at the NBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Nah. Sindarius and Notice have chances though if they keep progressing.
Exactly. I think Sindarius will definitely play in the league, someday. Maybe after his junior or senior year. He's not quite a one and done type of player, though.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #22
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nah. Sindarius and Notice have chances though if they keep progressing.
Notice has no shot, sindarius is 50 50 at this point. I could see L Chat before Notice.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #23
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Notice has no shot, sindarius is 50 50 at this point. I could see L Chat before Notice.
L Chat has about as much chance of playing in the NBA as I do.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
L Chat has about as much chance of playing in the NBA as I do.
He has 2 more years to improve, and he made a nice leap once. That said, I give him very little chance, but he's got a better shot than Notice IMO.

LChat would need to develop a reliable jumper and keep getting in better shape. If we got some tourney exposure in 2 years, and LChat was a 10 and 10 guy, you never know.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #25
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

LChat's size alone gives him a better chance than Notice.

But no, right now I don't see either of them making the NBA. Thornwell is the only guy on the team I see playing in the NBA. He might be able to make the jump after his junior year, but too early to tell on that just yet.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #26
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
To small, to small, to small blah blah...

Thats horse crap. If the kid puts in the work and improves he will get a shot. He had to good of a season on a bad team to not atleast get a few tryout and summer camp tryouts.
Tired of that train of thought, If a player shows the will, and determination, and has the skills to play they can make it.

BTW 5 ft 3 in Muggsy Bogues says hi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muggsy_Bogues
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #27
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Tired of that train of thought, If a player shows the will, and determination, and has the skills to play they can make it.

BTW 5 ft 3 in Muggsy Bogues says hi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muggsy_Bogues
Love what Brenton has done for our program, but he simply doesn't have the skills to make it with his size in the NBA. If it was about will, wouldn't Downey be suiting up now?
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #28
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
NBA scouts are looking at Notice though. He's got good size for the NBA as a combo guard. 6'3, 220+, good strength, solid defensively, good athleticism.

He just needs to keep improving.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #29
nccock1692
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1250
nccock1692 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
NBA scouts are looking at Notice though. He's got good size for the NBA as a combo guard. 6'3, 220+, good strength, solid defensively, good athleticism.

He just needs to keep improving.
Anyone who thinks Notice is going to be an NBA player needs to stop evaluating college basketball players
nccock1692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #30
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccock1692 View Post
Anyone who thinks Notice is going to be an NBA player needs to stop evaluating college basketball players
NBA scouts were scouting him, according to an ABC/ESPN announcer. So, whatever.

Whether or not he makes it is a different story, but they're atleast aware of him.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:51 AM   #31
scgc2014
Walk On

Male

scgc2014 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Sweet you can see into the future! When can I set up my fortune telling appointment?
scgc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

As far as Williams...I don't want to say no, but I'm leaning that way.

For one, his size...not many 5'11 guys in the NBA anymore.
Also, not really the best ball-handler, and he isn't really a PG...he is an undersized 2G, and I think most 2G are between 6'3 and 6'6 now.

Could he be Nate Robinson type player? Maybe...if he finds the right team.

His best bet is to probably go play in Europe.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #33
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 457821129
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
With all due respect, the NBA scouts believe that he has a chance to play in the NBA, they especially love his size. Add to that, how can you possible determine his potential as a true freshman who was thrown into the fire.

I don't believe you are a very good talent evaluator either...... I am willing to give Duane 3 more years of CBB before I slam the door on him.....
Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
With all due respect, the NBA scouts believe that he has a chance to play in the NBA, they especially love his size. Add to that, how can you possible determine his potential as a true freshman who was thrown into the fire.

I don't believe you are a very good talent evaluator either...... I am willing to give Duane 3 more years of CBB before I slam the door on him.....
I thought we were talking about Brenton..sheesh.
Give Duane some time to grow up before you say no he can't play.

Could he play in the NBA now? Of course not...but his frame reminds me of Deron Williams and he has shown the ability to score...does he need to improve his game? Absolutely...but so does every player on the team, including Thornwell.

I don't believe you can say anybody can't play in the NBA...certain teams have certain needs that particular guys can fill. with that said, is it likely guys like Kacinas, Chatkevicius, Williams and Carrera will play in the NBA...probably not, seem more like European League players.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #35
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
No, 5'11" shooting guards are a rarity in the NBA.
6'1.5"

OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #36
BigG
Walk On

Male

BigG has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Here they have Sin going #15 overall in the 2015 draft so experts are high on him as well. http://nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft
Old 04-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #37
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
6'1.5"

Can the Gamecocks borrow those?