CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
2000grad
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
carolina_corpsman
gAmkok
spareparts
Pw00132
jdaniel
ESPN is mad that USC (3619)
Vandy, Missouri, Ken (3132)
Mike Davis (2325)
Terrible Officiating (1463)
Cack's Toast of the (1444)
Worse 1st and goal p (1150)
USC -21 and a hook @ (979)
If (big IF) we can w (873)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (697)
How the top 25 SHOUL (664)
No Gurley near the goal l
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Terrible Officiating.
Cooper
CockyTalk Football Pickem
4-Star WR opts for soccer
20 of 31 former players s
Brad Guzan
Really excited to visit t
Mike Davis

Old 03-15-2014, 01:45 AM   #41
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
They represented our university well, that is reason to be proud, they showed that south carolians dont quit and dont lie down, seems to me to be reason to be proud. Saying youre proud isnt giving yourself a pat on the back, its recognizing their accomplishments and improvement. We are the ones to be proud of our basketball team
I'm sure you'll get all kinds of respect now because people know you are "south carolian," since the USC basketball team scratched and clawed it's way to a 14-win season. I'm sure they'll even overlook your awful spelling and grammar because they know you are trying your best. It's sports, man. It's cute that you want to think that this actually makes a statement about people of your state so you can feel like close to the players and their accomplishments, but it doesn't. It's just a statement about this particular group players and coaches. That's it. It doesn't say anything about you. We're just bystanders watching a bunch of guys trying to make plays to win at a game.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:27 AM   #42
The'Boose2001
The Watchman

Male

CockyCash: 400
The'Boose2001 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to The'Boose2001 Send a message via Skype™ to The'Boose2001

We do feel very close to our players. Here in South Carolina, students who attend USC are all considered family - whether athlete or not.

I'm in agreement with GamecockUltimate. They did and still do represent our University well, with class.

Let's focus on the NIT and all of the sports we excel at during the spring months.

What don't we excel at? Bad sportansmanship.
The'Boose2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #43
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I'm sure you'll get all kinds of respect now because people know you are "south carolian," since the USC basketball team scratched and clawed it's way to a 14-win season. I'm sure they'll even overlook your awful spelling and grammar because they know you are trying your best. It's sports, man. It's cute that you want to think that this actually makes a statement about people of your state so you can feel like close to the players and their accomplishments, but it doesn't. It's just a statement about this particular group players and coaches. That's it. It doesn't say anything about you. We're just bystanders watching a bunch of guys trying to make plays to win at a game.
You should check your own grammar before ridiculing others for the same thing.

Proud of our team! Looking forward to next year.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #44
Eug Cock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eug Cock has feathers coming inEug Cock has feathers coming inEug Cock has feathers coming in

I'm really glad the season ended the way it did.
I felt like a lot of my questions were being answered.
I could see Frank's system yielding results.
For the most part Frank stuck to is guns and was patient...giving his methods the time they needed to sink in.

On a side note...I have consistently been impressed with Notice's body language on the court this year. He's got such a great flow to his game and ball handling. He moves like hot butter. Obviously he's got elements of his game he needs to work on but there's an underlying instinct to his game that feels like he was born to be on the court.
Something about his demeanor on the floor reminds me of Dr. J. Just so natural...like a fish in water.

Can't wait for next year...
Eug Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #45
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eug Cock View Post
For the most part Frank stuck to is guns and was patient...giving his methods the time they needed to sink in.

On a side note...I have consistently been impressed with Notice's body language on the court this year. He's got such a great flow to his game and ball handling. He moves like hot butter. Obviously he's got elements of his game he needs to work on but there's an underlying instinct to his game that feels like he was born to be on the court.
Something about his demeanor on the floor reminds me of Dr. J. Just so natural...like a fish in water.

Well said. Thornwell is also a natural.

Our post play really came along the last couple of weeks, as well. I don't know if we will have any attrition this off-season(Ringer???), but with the players returning we should be much improved next year.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #46
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eug Cock View Post

Ehh notice plays out of control, at time he drives nice, but he mostly is out of control

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #47
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No youre right, my grammar and spelling was bad. I should probably edit and check my posts but i dont, its a message board not a thesis. That said clearly youre as wrong with the message of your post as i was with my grammar. Your last two posts have been two of the dumbest i have seen on cockytalk. Who are you tell people who they can and cant be proud of. On that note, your idea of who can and cant be proud is stupid, i can be a bystander and be proud of another person or persons' accomplishments and it doesnt mean that i am patting myself on the back or feel i was a reason why, although fan support makes a difference, facilities make a difference and they dont just appear, fans help pay for those. So again im not trying to say anything about me, i am trying to be happy for them, and recognize their improvement and growth.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #48
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Well said. Thornwell is also a natural.

Our post play really came along the last couple of weeks, as well. I don't know if we will have any attrition this off-season(Ringer???), but with the players returning we should be much improved next year.
There's going to have to be some attrition to make the scholarship numbers work out. Unless, of course, someone volunteers to walk on.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #49
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 596
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Ehh notice plays out of control, at time he drives nice, but he mostly is out of control
I may need to be corrected here but if I recall Duane chose to come to SC because he would not have to play the PG; however, he accepted this role after injuries and has done a nice job. In that case, along with the fact he is a freshman, I would give him a pass on the "out of control" play that he displays from time to time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #50
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
There's going to have to be some attrition to make the scholarship numbers work out. Unless, of course, someone volunteers to walk on.
I didn't realize that. It will be interesting to see how and when this will play out.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #51
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I didn't realize that. It will be interesting to see how and when this will play out.
Yeah, as it stands now, it breaks down to:
3 freshmen (Stroman, Blanton, Sheppard)
7 sophomores (Thornwell, Notice, Henry, Shaw, Ringer, McKie, Theus)
3 juniors (Chatkevicius, Kacinas, Carrera)
1 senior (Johnson)

So, there's at least one move to be made this offseason.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #52
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
In all fairness, Brenton Williams played out of control when he first arrived and he was a Juco. Notice looked great this year considering his experience level and having to play out of position.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #53
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Heart this team had. The problem is sloppy play (Turnovers) and the soft touch after grabbing an offensive rebound. We get that cleaned up I think we will be fine. Go Cocks!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #54
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Yeah, as it stands now, it breaks down to:
3 freshmen (Stroman, Blanton, Sheppard)
7 sophomores (Thornwell, Notice, Henry, Shaw, Ringer, McKie, Theus)
3 juniors (Chatkevicius, Kacinas, Carrera)
1 senior (Johnson)

So, there's at least one move to be made this offseason.
Looks like Coach Martin is still heavily recruiting the big man Delarosa as well, so if he chooses us that'd make it two moves....
Old 03-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #55
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Looks like Coach Martin is still heavily recruiting the big man Delarosa as well, so if he chooses us that'd make it two moves....
True, although I'll be surprised if we land Delarosa. We got in with him late and probably had too much ground to make up and not enough time. Seems like St. John's is the team most likely to land this guy, which is understandable.