CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cockyguitar
tkousc
ChickenButt
behindenemylines
kingoftheroost
rabid cock
More David Williams (3919)
Spurrier was Embaras (3854)
Spurrier not happy s (3178)
Is it possible for o (3011)
Gameday in Columbia (2298)
Polls (2277)
Tonight's ugly win w (1669)
Curse of the Chicken (1471)
Gameday Sign Ideas (1341)
Our wide receivers w (1157)
Tonight's ugly win was in
Let's talk about Maty Mau
Gameday Sign Ideas
Polls
So, um, yeah the NFL over
Clem5on fans are beside t
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
More David Williams Pleas
Spurrier not happy so why
Why Weren't We Better Pre

Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #61
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Season Rankings Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
That site is a joke
Not really, the only thing is disagree on is ole miss at 23, they are a top 15 team

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #62
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Not really, the only thing is disagree on is ole miss at 23, they are a top 15 team
Agree on Ole Miss, they were impressive and deserve better. However, I disagree about that being the only thing here. 5 ACC teams in the top 14 is a joke.
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #63
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Carolina remains number 1 in the Collegiate Baseball poll...

http://baseballnews.com/polls/ncaa-d...-poll-3-17-14/
Old 03-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #64
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
That site is a joke
Agree. NM

Last edited by Big-Cock; 03-17-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Im an idiot who cant add
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #65
GabbieM
Random User Title

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

I haven't been watching these other games from Virginia or FL State... but

#2 from Perfect Game is a pretty good spot considering we barely pulled the series out with game #2.

Game #1 was fought till the end. Had some good play. Game #2, was just horrible for us hitting, and Game #3 is about that I expected from all three.

We now have series wins against 2 top 25 teams. It'll be interesting to see where the other polls put us.. It is very hard to keep #1 when we struggled. We really need to impress this week and weekend on the road. Unless we didn't tie the game up w/ Shrocks blast.. we would have lost series. I think polls may account for that.

KY and TN will surely show us where we are. KY is away; TN is at home.

Keep in mind.. we struggled at home. I'd think Shrock is out and will prepare to be good by TN.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #66
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Forgive me, I really don't understand the ACC baseball bashing trip we seem to be on. The fact of the matter is there is some phenomenal HS and college baseball being played from Virginia to the Carolina's, down to Florida, and west out to Texas. The ACC has always had very strong baseball teams, even if they stumble in post season play. North Carolina has had our number recently, and remember that competitive series against UVA to reach the championship in 2011? The ACC is very good at some things...baseball, women's soccer, and basketball...
Old 03-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #67
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

They remain number 1 in the Baseball America poll...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...p-25-march-17/
Old 03-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #68
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Forgive me, I really don't understand the ACC baseball bashing trip we seem to be on. The fact of the matter is there is some phenomenal HS and college baseball being played from Virginia to the Carolina's, down to Florida, and west out to Texas. The ACC has always had very strong baseball teams, even if they stumble in post season play. North Carolina has had our number recently, and remember that competitive series against UVA to reach the championship in 2011? The ACC is very good at some things...baseball, women's soccer, and basketball...

I just assumed we bashed anything we could possibly bash about the ACC. I guess I missed the memo that said not to.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #69
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
I haven't been watching these other games from Virginia or FL State... but

#2 from Perfect Game is a pretty good spot considering we barely pulled the series out with game #2.

Game #1 was fought till the end. Had some good play. Game #2, was just horrible for us hitting, and Game #3 is about that I expected from all three.

We now have series wins against 2 top 25 teams. It'll be interesting to see where the other polls put us.. It is very hard to keep #1 when we struggled. We really need to impress this week and weekend on the road. Unless we didn't tie the game up w/ Shrocks blast.. we would have lost series. I think polls may account for that.

KY and TN will surely show us where we are. KY is away; TN is at home.

Keep in mind.. we struggled at home. I'd think Shrock is out and will prepare to be good by TN.

I think it's more of Ole Miss being very good than us struggling. Monty and Wynkoop are both proven SEC pitchers and they hit them pretty good. They are 17-4 and a legit SEC-W team. Winning 2 of 3 in the SEC against a top 25 team can only say good things about your team.

It also says a lot about your team when you can come back from 3 runs down in the 9th. We're hitting .315 as a team which is good for 2nd in the SEC but the scary thing is I don't think we've hit our stride there yet. We've got a very good and deep ball club.

That being said UT and UK will be extremely tough tests. UT has been the surprise of the SEC this year and UK has the best offense and always seem to have our number in Lexington.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #70
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I think it's more of Ole Miss being very good than us struggling. Monty and Wynkoop are both proven SEC pitchers and they hit them pretty good. They are 17-4 and a legit SEC-W team. Winning 2 of 3 in the SEC against a top 25 team can only say good things about your team.

It also says a lot about your team when you can come back from 3 runs down in the 9th. We're hitting .315 as a team which is good for 2nd in the SEC but the scary thing is I don't think we've hit our stride there yet. We've got a very good and deep ball club.

That being said UT and UK will be extremely tough tests. UT has been the surprise of the SEC this year and UK has the best offense and always seem to have our number in Lexington.
And Vanderbilt too....they also have a stellar pitching rotation...
Old 03-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #71
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post

Ut isnt a super surprise to some i expected them to be pretty good. In baseball having a good coach can make you a winner quickly, and they hired a good one. He will have UT doing well for years to come. That said i didnt expecf their record to be as good as it is, but i had them for 3rd in the east

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #72
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Fell to #2 in the Coaches Poll.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #73
GabbieM
Random User Title

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Good points guys. As long as we can take the series vs UK this weekend at their place.. our future is going to turn out bright. Having UT at home is a Godsend this time around.

And how about that Reed Scott? DEFINITELY want to see more of that guy!
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #74
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Stayed #1 in Collegiate Baseball Poll.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #75
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
Fell to #2 in the Coaches Poll.
Don't see that everyday, we had the most first place votes, but fell to #2. Must be some bitter coach like JackLeg voting us down.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #76
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
They aren't too good at baseball considering they haven't won a college world series since 1955.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #77
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Don't see that everyday, we had the most first place votes, but fell to #2. Must be some bitter coach like JackLeg voting us down.
Yea, some of the coaches must have put us at 3 or 4 for that to happen.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #78
Cocktober Surprise
Soup Spoon

Male

Cocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudlyCocktober Surprise is crowing loudly

Can't blame the Coaches Poll on Jack Leg:

"The USA TODAY Sports board of coaches is made up of 31 coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the American Baseball Coaches Association. The board for the 2014 season: John Anderson, Minnesota; Ed Blankmeyer, St. John's; Ray Birmingham, New Mexico; Ryan Brownlee, Western Illinois; Barry Davis, Rider; Greg DiCenzo, Holy Cross; Pete Dunn, Stetson; Nino Giarratano, San Francisco; Gary Gilmore, Coastal Carolina; Danny Hall, Georgia Tech; Fritz Hamburg, Saint Joseph's; Carlton Hardy, Savannah State; Dan Heefner, Dallas Baptist; Rodney Hennon, Georgia Southern; Charlie Hickey, Central Connecticut State; George Horton, Oregon; Steve Jaksa, Central Michigan; Dave Jarvis, Belmont; Omar Johnson, Jackson State; Rick Jones, Tulane; John Musachio, Oakland (Mich.); Jim Penders, Connecticut; Bobby Pierce, Troy; David Pierce, Sam Houston State; Mark Scalf, UNC-Wilmington; Matt Senk, Stony Brook; Dave Serrano, Tennessee; Doug Smith, UC-Riverside; Steve Smith, Baylor; Rocky Ward, New Mexico State; Bob Whalen, Dartmouth."
Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #79
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocktober Surprise View Post
Can't blame the Coaches Poll on Jack Leg:

"The USA TODAY Sports board of coaches is made up of 31 coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the American Baseball Coaches Association. The board for the 2014 season: John Anderson, Minnesota; Ed Blankmeyer, St. John's; Ray Birmingham, New Mexico; Ryan Brownlee, Western Illinois; Barry Davis, Rider; Greg DiCenzo, Holy Cross; Pete Dunn, Stetson; Nino Giarratano, San Francisco; Gary Gilmore, Coastal Carolina; Danny Hall, Georgia Tech; Fritz Hamburg, Saint Joseph's; Carlton Hardy, Savannah State; Dan Heefner, Dallas Baptist; Rodney Hennon, Georgia Southern; Charlie Hickey, Central Connecticut State; George Horton, Oregon; Steve Jaksa, Central Michigan; Dave Jarvis, Belmont; Omar Johnson, Jackson State; Rick Jones, Tulane; John Musachio, Oakland (Mich.); Jim Penders, Connecticut; Bobby Pierce, Troy; David Pierce, Sam Houston State; Mark Scalf, UNC-Wilmington; Matt Senk, Stony Brook; Dave Serrano, Tennessee; Doug Smith, UC-Riverside; Steve Smith, Baylor; Rocky Ward, New Mexico State; Bob Whalen, Dartmouth."
or can we?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #80
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

Fell to #2 in the NCBWA too..