CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
Regalcock
KaneisAble
PageUSC
QCB
Master Bedroom
markp_vip
taylorssc
doubledribble
kick_ball
Our Defense? (1917)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (757)
Fight, win, kick a-- (708)
CFN prediction for a (659)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (473)
This is War (399)
What happened to thi (375)
Ranking Top HC jobs (351)
Why I'm hopeful abou (312)
7 on 7 flag football (287)
Nvidia adds Dynamic Super
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
In-state QB talent
NFL: TITANS @ REDSKINS Su
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Our Defense?
A simple defensive line &
Why I'm hopeful about Aub

Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #101
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Check out #3 best seller for both Amazon and Gamestop. That is very good news.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #102
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

On the PC, you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play right? You just buy the game and go?
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #103
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
On the PC, you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play right? You just buy the game and go?
I think the talk is that it's going to be Pay monthly, but eventually it will be free to play.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #104
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
No, it costs $15/month to play. The game comes with 1 month. Console players may have to pay extra to MS though.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #105
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I think the talk is that it's going to be Pay monthly, but eventually it will be free to play.

Right now they have 1.7 million followers. There is more then that because I for one didn't elect to be a follower and I'm sure many others didn't, but lets just use that as a baseline. Right now they stand to get $105,000,000 just from game sales alone the first month. Then they will have a cash flow of $25,000,000 a month off of subscriptions. That's probably a very conservative number, but based off that I think it will be a long while before they go free to play. This isn't just a run of the mill game like Neverwinter or the many other quick-build MMOs. It's deep and has a lot of appeal unlike SWTOR. That game had a lot of appeal but was very linear and shallow. Hell I maxed out in the first week. Everything was silver spoon. ESO, I made it to level 10 in 3 days and never felt like I was dragging.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #106
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
No, it costs $15/month to play. The game comes with 1 month. Console players may have to pay extra to MS though.
And you still have to pay the full $60 just to have the game?

I don't even. I know $15 a month isn't that much, but still.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #107
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
And you still have to pay the full $60 just to have the game?

I don't even. I know $15 a month isn't that much, but still.
Yep. They will be consistently be throwing up new content. That is what the monthly fee is for. It also keeps most of the assorted trolls and riff raff out.

Order Of The Spur
Old 03-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #108
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Id rather pay 15$ a month instead of it being F2P and having micro transactionsr and not as much content. Not sure if ill play Elder scrolls either way but i dont understand the 15$ plus buying the game is to much money argument. Most games you buy never have a new update and offer a couple hours of play time. Even the games that have updates charge you for them.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #109
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
Id rather pay 15$ a month instead of it being F2P and having micro transactionsr and not as much content. Not sure if ill play Elder scrolls either way but i dont understand the 15$ plus buying the game is to much money argument. Most games you buy never have a new update and offer a couple hours of play time. Even the games that have updates charge you for them.
I agree with you and Yancey. The monthly fee is essential to a good game. Look at the F2P games, they are quick-build, money grabs. Just thrown together to grab a few bucks before the game goes in the can. EQ, EQ2, Wow, Vanguard..all the good games in the past had monthly subs and yes you had to pay for the game too. I know some of those are free to download now, but that wasn't the case when they were brand new.

Also there was a study were they found that people actually spent waaay more money on micro-transactions then the normal sub cost. But Zenimax and Bethesda both said that micro-transactions do not fit into the Elders Scroll lore or tradition. That it takes away from the immersion.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #110
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Just read the ESO had over 5 million beta accounts this past weekend. Damn. To put it into perspective.."That's 350 times as many people as TSW had at launch, 2 times as many people as ever bought GW2 and 5 times population WOW had when it started"

Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #111
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Right now they have 1.7 million followers. There is more then that because I for one didn't elect to be a follower and I'm sure many others didn't, but lets just use that as a baseline. Right now they stand to get $105,000,000 just from game sales alone the first month. Then they will have a cash flow of $25,000,000 a month off of subscriptions. That's probably a very conservative number, but based off that I think it will be a long while before they go free to play. This isn't just a run of the mill game like Neverwinter or the many other quick-build MMOs. It's deep and has a lot of appeal unlike SWTOR. That game had a lot of appeal but was very linear and shallow. Hell I maxed out in the first week. Everything was silver spoon. ESO, I made it to level 10 in 3 days and never felt like I was dragging.
I was just quoting a video on IGN. The people on there are saying the main reason SWTOR went F2P was the amount of time it took to get new content out, with the high end graphics, and voice acting added in. Now will ESO have this issue, that is to be seen. The good thing about this is that it seems like ESO took the BETA test and collected information and responded to what the players wanted. On top of that they already saw the shortcomings of SWTOR, and other games before it, and will probably have enough gameplay so they can keep up. It all remains to be seen. I can say this could be the new big MMO from other other post, or can go F2P. If I was a betting man and seeing how much of a response it's getting though, and the fact it's on PC and the consoles. I would bet it will succeed.
rioninusc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #112
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I was just quoting a video on IGN. The people on there are saying the main reason SWTOR went F2P was the amount of time it took to get new content out, with the high end graphics, and voice acting added in. Now will ESO have this issue, that is to be seen. The good thing about this is that it seems like ESO took the BETA test and collected information and responded to what the players wanted. On top of that they already saw the shortcomings of SWTOR, and other games before it, and will probably have enough gameplay so they can keep up. It all remains to be seen. I can say this could be the new big MMO from other other post, or can go F2P. If I was a betting man and seeing how much of a response it's getting though, and the fact it's on PC and the consoles. I would bet it will succeed.
I hear ya. I'm hoping for the best but it could tank. The thing is ESO seems to have a lot more going for it then SWTOR had. They are very well staff and very professional and this is the only game they have going atm. Whereas I think EA and Bioware just sort of threw SWTOR out there to see if it would stick. SWTOR severely lacked content. I remember I was one of the first to hit max cap on our server (and that never happens lol) and it didn't take long at all. But after that it was like, Ok what do I do now. PVP was a very closed in horrible mess. But ESO already has Colgrum in the works, but it wont be in at release. This is a level 50, 12 man "Raid" playground or adventure area. They said its roughly 2/3s the size of a regular map and it's almost ready. So that tells me they are already planning ahead for the guys who run through as fast as they can.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #113
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Yeah, ESO is saying that they will be releasing major new content every 4-6 weeks. Sounds like they plan to keep us busy.

Order Of The Spur
Old 03-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #114
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

You want a good indication of how well ESO is doing with pre-orders and how well they think they are doing numbers wise, check this out. This is straight from todays AMA (Ask Anything) on reddit. This is directly from Matt Firor himself.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #115
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Also want to add that they found 3 underlying issues with the broken quests and have repaired all of them.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #116
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Early Access = Tomorrow!

Old 03-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #117
USC97
Walk On

Male

USC97 has hatched from the shell

I am looking forward to playing tomorrow. Should be fun. Trying to decide if I go Sorc or Temp. Thinking Sorc w a resto staff at 10 so I can damage and heal
USC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #118
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC97 View Post
I am looking forward to playing tomorrow. Should be fun. Trying to decide if I go Sorc or Temp. Thinking Sorc w a resto staff at 10 so I can damage and heal
Something to keep in mind. We tried 3 level 12 dungeons with a hybrid healer/dd and they wasn't able to keep us up. Then we got a healer/healer and had no issues. The holy trinity is alive and well in ESO even though they let us choose many skill lines. A true Tank/Healer/DD will still rule in the game. We tried one dungeon without a tank and that was total failure. I'm going pure DK tank, sword and board.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #119
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Just finished downloading it. Gonna start it up as soon as I figure out a character name. That's always the hardest part.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #120
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I bought the standard edition so I will not be playing until Tuesday.

Order Of The Spur