CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (558)
Jay Paterno Attempts (487)
help with army insig (208)
Hercules - review (206)
I'm a grand godfathe (116)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (44)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Help Give Cocky a Home
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 - Mon Denson
Coach's media golf press

Old 03-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #61
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: WBB Tourney Seed selection

Ames may be the best home court advantage in women's basketball
Old 03-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #62
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

I got UCONN, SC, UK and Tenn in the Final Four.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #63
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
If you go in deeper they are all picking us to be the first #1 seed to lose, 4 out of 5 picked us to lose first. I hope our team saw this.
I probably would as well. We are the least "hot" #1 seed right now. Voepel picked us in the final 4 at least.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #64
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
North Carolina is no push over. They did beat us in MB earlier this year granted it was with out Sessions but still.
I'll gladly face UNC over being a #2 in the bracket with Notre Dame or UConn.

There is a lot of outrage of us getting a #1 over Stanford. We really aren't getting a lot of respect at all. Nearly every WBB columnist/analyst on ESPN said we would be the first #1 seed to lose. Looking at the SOS, I can see why Stanford deserves a #1 over us. However, this lack of respect nationally hopefully motivates this team to play even better.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #65
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I probably would as well. We are the least "hot" #1 seed right now. Voepel picked us in the final 4 at least.
Voepel also picked us to be the first #1 seed to lose. Granted she has all 4 #1 seeds in the Final Four so that doesn't make much sense. In her scenario, we really can't be the first #1 to lose as there are guaranteed 2 #1 seeds to lose.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #66
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I got UCONN, SC, UK and Tenn in the Final Four.
I have all the number 1 seeds. To me, it looks like UConn got the toughest bracket, though it probably won't look tough to them.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #67
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
Wow thats awesome news. first time I've been the one closer to an sc function than everyone else. why isnt the 1 seed playing closer to home?
Haha, well not EVERYONE else. I'm pretty close too. When I first moved to California, I saw us play Stanford in the Super Regional back in 2001. If we make it that far, may have to make a trip to Palo Alto to see the women play.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #68
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

spork lives in Seattle (per his sidebar stats), so I'd say he still beats you
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #69
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

You figure we get the #1 seed glory but assuming Stanford can make it through the tough Iowa section as previously noted, they've got the home court for the Sweet 16 round so who's really in the best position?
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
Old 03-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #70
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
spork lives in Seattle (per his sidebar stats), so I'd say he still beats you
Well not if the Sweet 16 gets played in Palo Alto
Old 03-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #71
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
You figure we get the #1 seed glory but assuming Stanford can make it through the tough Iowa section as previously noted, they've got the home court for the Sweet 16 round so who's really in the best position?
I think we match up well vs. Stanford.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #72
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

At what point will you be disappointed that we didn't make it further? The national championship of course! But realistically will you be disappointed if we don't make the Elite 8? Final 4?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #73
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think we match up well vs. Stanford.
Well that's a good thing - I was looking at it merely from a logistics standpoint. Seems to me being #2 isn't so bad if you get to play at home for a couple games - I'd take that over being called #1 but having to play at #2's home court (potentially)
Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #74
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
CockyCash: 500
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
At what point will you be disappointed that we didn't make it further? The national championship of course! But realistically will you be disappointed if we don't make the Elite 8? Final 4?
I will be disappointed with anything short of elite 8.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #75
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Well that's a good thing - I was looking at it merely from a logistics standpoint. Seems to me being #2 isn't so bad if you get to play at home for a couple games - I'd take that over being called #1 but having to play at #2's home court (potentially)
Well logistically it's better than being 2 seed and have to play Notre Dame in South Bend or Uconn in Lincoln or having to play UT in Louisville. Where you play matters less than who you play. We had a pretty good draw.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #76
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Final Four would be really nice.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #77
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

I would be disappointed that we didn't make it to the elite 8. But knowing what we have next year, I'll be over it pretty quick.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #78
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Sweet 16 is a must. I feel like we need to justify our #1 seed. Hope the team plays with a chip on their shoulder to prove these doubters wrong. They don't need to prove anything to me. 16 is a minimum but I want further for them and the doubters.

Plus a chance to possibly wacth them in Palo Alto.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #79
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I WANNT a national championship, but I also know we will have more talent next season. It doesn't necessarily mean we'll have a better team, though. This team has excellent chemistry.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #80
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

I got my tickets for sunday!