CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
b381l
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
Clowneygotcha
Badazcock
eightohhthree
Spurrier_Superior_On
StormOfTalons
trapper82
Mike Davis (2935)
Terrible Officiating (1704)
Cack's Toast of the (1558)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1236)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1199)
If (big IF) we can w (1089)
No Gurley near the g (978)
Elliott Fry crushes (966)
How the top 25 SHOUL (794)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (767)
If (big IF) we can win bi
Georgia Visitors List - u
Mike Davis
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
2015 Greyshirt - Darin Sm
2015 - Roquan Smith
20 of 31 former players s
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Cooper
Tennessee @ Oklahoma 8 ES

Old 03-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Cool Basketball Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/where...444-slideshow/

Look for Jermaine O'Neal! Pretty sweet
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cool Basketball Article

Yep "if and buts were candy and nuts...", Always thought Garnett was leaning towards Carolina too.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Can you imagine O'Neal on the 96-97 and 97-98 teams? That would have definitely been something to see.

I'd heard Garnett to Maryland before, but what would have been so shocking about that? Maryland was coming off of back-to-back Sweet 16 appearances and developed Joe Smith into the player of the year as well as the #1 pick in the draft (same draft Garnett was in).

I think some of the Garnett to USC talk is just fans trying to convince themselves we would have had a chance with him since he was from Mauldin. I think any chance we had at getting him pretty much vanished when he went to Farragut Academy in Chicago.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Yep "if and buts were candy and nuts...", Always thought Garnett was leaning towards Carolina too.
There was never any doubt. It's the reason Eddie Fogler left Vandy and came here. He knew what he had a potential to have and when you think about it, combined with BJ, Melvin, Larry Davis, KG and Jermaine, well, just imagine. Stack was on that team too!

Who else, was it Herbert Lee Davis who could jump out of the building? Was that his name? There used to be a video of this one dunk of his I wish I could find. It was a put-back slamma jamma.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
I think some of the Garnett to USC talk is just fans trying to convince themselves we would have had a chance with him since he was from Mauldin. I think any chance we had at getting him pretty much vanished when he went to Farragut Academy in Chicago.
KG was going to be a Gamecock if he had signed anywhere, he's told people that and in his younger days he used to wear Gamecock hats in the NBA all the time.

What ended when KG went to Farragut was any chance of him playing in the NCAA period, no matter where he may have signed. Fogler was livid and was also livid at the whole AAU generated system from that point forward. He and Eddie Munster went round and round about that one, and in the end Eddie Munster won.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
KG was going to be a Gamecock if he had signed anywhere, he's told people that and in his younger days he used to wear Gamecock hats in the NBA all the time.

What ended when KG went to Farragut was any chance of him playing in the NCAA period, no matter where he may have signed. Fogler was livid and was also livid at the whole AAU generated system from that point forward. He and Eddie Munster went round and round about that one, and in the end Eddie Munster won.
There's a big difference between wearing a hat and actually signing an LOI to play here. He's also been quoted as saying he would have gone to Michigan or Maryland in addition to USC (although I've never actually seen any quote from him saying he would have come here). Farragut didn't end his chances at playing collegiately. He's even said he wanted to play in college and not jump straight to the NBA. Not qualifying academically killed his chances at playing in college.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote