CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
carolinacocky
HBC Weekly Presser (1249)
Thompson Has Neck In (1109)
Funny? (1031)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (623)
What fish do you eat (576)
KY Suspends 4 Player (512)
Clowney didnt get ma (424)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (372)
4th & 1 Play (348)
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Thompson Has Neck Injury
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Will Clemson beat SC?

I voted no, (for SC) how 'bout you?

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...south-carolina
Old 03-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Will Clemson beat SC?

is this a serious thread or nah
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I would've loved to have seen this same question the week before the game last year, and without USC or CU fans voting.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Never Again.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

An ACC blog...hmmm
Old 03-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
F4rpoole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 9885
F4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spurs

I suspect something fishy . . . I voted twice on two different computers about ten minutes apart and the statistics on both computers read “59% yes, 41% no, 572 total votes”. Hmmm……..
F4rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #7
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Tater fans are such dirtbags. While we always laugh and make fun of them, they are always so full of hatred. To be honest, we should never lose to them in anything. We are the flagship university of the state of South Carolina and they will always just be clemson.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
F4rpoole
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 9885
F4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spursF4rpoole has earned his spurs

Tried it again and it is counting now, "58% yes, 42% no, 627 total votes".
F4rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

57/43. Starting to turn our way. Again.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #10
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Read the comments by the mad tater below the article...Taters gonna hate!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #11
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

52/48 now 907 votes
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

The comments are getting pretty good.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

This article was hilarious to read.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #14
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
is this a serious thread or nah
Serious. We need to get the word out. It'll only add to their misery.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #15
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

What a group of delusional dumbasses Clemsux fans are!!!! "Since we have a new QB we stand a better chance of beating them(Carolina)" Now who in the hell does that really make sense to? I guess they have fully bought into Dabo's speech about them having 3 NFL caliber QB's ready to rock and roll this year despite none of them having any real playing time!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

It's tied. eat it, taters.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #17
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

I really do not know about this year ladies and gentlemen.

The defense has been the key in the recent run of success for the Gamecocks. They lost 3 starters on the DL and 2 in the secondary. That is two positions that you don't want to be young and inexperienced in, and it's ABSOLUTELY no good when both are in the same boat at the same time. We have some experienced LBs so that's a plus. Like Coach Ward said a few days back, "We got depth, we got bodies, but can they play?" <---We shall see.

The offense for the Gamecocks will be pretty solid. Although we haven't had a great offense since SOS has been here so it is yet to be seen whether or not we will come through with a O that puts up some points. Returning 4 of 5 OL is really great. While they weren't fantastic last season, if they can maintain the same progress we should be fine. We have some experienced WRs returning and hopefully Shaq and Pharro can play a huge roll. Both have shown flashes but no Alshons, Kennys, or Sidneys on this roster as of right now. I am still undecided on DT. He played well against Mizu apart from the fumbles we had. Not totally his fault but as the QB you have to find ways to dig yourself out like Connor did. We are pretty deep at RB. Mike Davis is just gonna be Mike Davis. Beast. But the rest? Well, we have to stay out of the training room with injuries and quit running into the back of blockers. Good, solid group, but haven't shown me much apart from Davis and sparingly Wilds.

Clemson loses a good QB, a great WR, another decent WR, a good RB, and one OL. They will have new ones at all positions. Chad Kelly, Cole Stoudt, or D. Watson? None have played meaningful time apart from mop up duty. Losing sammy will be big for them, as he is a top flight receiver who just can't be replaced. Bryant is so so. The offense they're in throws a lot of balls up for the WRs to grab so they have a lot of guys with some catches. The WR core will take a hit though.

Their defense returns the whole Dline, 1 LB, and I want to say 2 safeties while losing 2 lbs and 2 corners. They have a stud dline whether we want to believe it or not. Watson and Beasley are studs. Losing Spencer and one other guy i can't remember his name will be tough, as he was the anchor for the D last season. They will be replacing a lot as well. But i think the D will be the strength of their team next season.
CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #18
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
I really do not know about this year ladies and gentlemen.

The defense has been the key in the recent run of success for the Gamecocks. They lost 3 starters on the DL and 2 in the secondary. That is two positions that you don't want to be young and inexperienced in, and it's ABSOLUTELY no good when both are in the same boat at the same time. We have some experienced LBs so that's a plus. Like Coach Ward said a few days back, "We got depth, we got bodies, but can they play?" <---We shall see.

The offense for the Gamecocks will be pretty solid. Although we haven't had a great offense since SOS has been here so it is yet to be seen whether or not we will come through with a O that puts up some points. Returning 4 of 5 OL is really great. While they weren't fantastic last season, if they can maintain the same progress we should be fine. We have some experienced WRs returning and hopefully Shaq and Pharro can play a huge roll. Both have shown flashes but no Alshons, Kennys, or Sidneys on this roster as of right now. I am still undecided on DT. He played well against Mizu apart from the fumbles we had. Not totally his fault but as the QB you have to find ways to dig yourself out like Connor did. We are pretty deep at RB. Mike Davis is just gonna be Mike Davis. Beast. But the rest? Well, we have to stay out of the training room with injuries and quit running into the back of blockers. Good, solid group, but haven't shown me much apart from Davis and sparingly Wilds.

Clemson loses a good QB, a great WR, another decent WR, a good RB, and one OL. They will have new ones at all positions. Chad Kelly, Cole Stoudt, or D. Watson? None have played meaningful time apart from mop up duty. Losing sammy will be big for them, as he is a top flight receiver who just can't be replaced. Bryant is so so. The offense they're in throws a lot of balls up for the WRs to grab so they have a lot of guys with some catches. The WR core will take a hit though.

Their defense returns the whole Dline, 1 LB, and I want to say 2 safeties while losing 2 lbs and 2 corners. They have a stud dline whether we want to believe it or not. Watson and Beasley are studs. Losing Spencer and one other guy i can't remember his name will be tough, as he was the anchor for the D last season. They will be replacing a lot as well. But i think the D will be the strength of their team next season.

We outmatch them in every category. We will hang 50 on them this year.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #19
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

SC will not beat Clemson this year and you can mark that down. We're just losing too much so we won't be nearly as good as them. I'll probably still try to go see it in person though. Would love to be there to see Clemson beat themselves a 6th straight time.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #20
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
SC will not beat Clemson this year and you can mark that down. We're just losing too much so we won't be nearly as good as them. I'll probably still try to go see it in person though. Would love to be there to see Clemson beat themselves a 6th straight time.
Clemson lost like 70% of its offense. Id say the tigers took a pretty big hit to. In fact, Im pretty sure they dont have a player on roster who has started a game at quarterback in a meaningful football game.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote