CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Mt. Lattimore
jrussjr
RGHoskins
ConwayGamecock
sporkgod50
JerseyBird
BeatBamaTwice
davisd9
Musburger/Palmer to (1450)
Shaq R. (1306)
1st practice tonight (1234)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1002)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (724)
We don't have a prac (432)
weather in columbia (431)
Overrated and Underr (364)
Donell Stanley injur (328)
Could we see 3 QBs o (309)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Backup QB competition
Re-Airing South Carolina
Could we see 3 QBs on the
1st practice tonight
We don't have a practice
Official SEC Network and
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron James Going to Cav

Old 03-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #21
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material
Default Re: Will Clemson beat SC?

they have still got dabo, right?
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #22
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

While we lost a lot, Clemson loses a TON also. I think you see a big step back in their offense this year. My concern this year is defense. However, fortunately, we play them the last game of the season. By then, the younger guys will have experience, and we will have been through the SEC gauntlet that will have us tested and prepared. We are going to be able to score enough points, in my opinion, to beat anybody that we play next season. If we can get quality defensive end and secondary play, then I think we are in for another special season.

I dont see Clemson beating us next season.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #23
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

We prolly won't beat them.....but we can definitely count on them beating themselves
Old 03-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #24
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

ummmmm. doesn't he realize that dylan thompson beat his team in 2012?
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #25
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Chode steps back... He's on the run.... Intercepted by Skai Moore!
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #26
scunyon
Boots To Asses

Male

scunyon has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
SC will not beat Clemson this year and you can mark that down. We're just losing too much so we won't be nearly as good as them. I'll probably still try to go see it in person though. Would love to be there to see Clemson beat themselves a 6th straight time.
I see what you did there
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #27
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Will Clemson beat SC?
You mean ever? Probably.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #28
Rooster'srule
4-Star

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

44/56 w/ 2,225 votes lol
Rooster'srule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #29
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I don't understand this poll. Clemson hasn't been beaten by USC in years. They've only beaten themselves 5 years in a row.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #30
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Guys they could not beat us with Watkins and Boyd, what makes you think they will beat us without them?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #31
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 11271
GamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPit

really? dabo's still the coach last time I checked so I'll say make it 6 for the gamecocks :)
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #32
guru03
Walk On

Male

guru03 has hatched from the shell

As much as I love Clemson, we (as a fan, I believe in using the term "we", you, etc. when referring to teams) cannot and will not beat your team this year.

Go Clemson Tigers!
guru03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #33
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
I really do not know about this year ladies and gentlemen.

The defense has been the key in the recent run of success for the Gamecocks. They lost 3 starters on the DL and 2 in the secondary. That is two positions that you don't want to be young and inexperienced in, and it's ABSOLUTELY no good when both are in the same boat at the same time. We have some experienced LBs so that's a plus. Like Coach Ward said a few days back, "We got depth, we got bodies, but can they play?" <---We shall see.

The offense for the Gamecocks will be pretty solid. Although we haven't had a great offense since SOS has been here so it is yet to be seen whether or not we will come through with a O that puts up some points. Returning 4 of 5 OL is really great. While they weren't fantastic last season, if they can maintain the same progress we should be fine. We have some experienced WRs returning and hopefully Shaq and Pharro can play a huge roll. Both have shown flashes but no Alshons, Kennys, or Sidneys on this roster as of right now. I am still undecided on DT. He played well against Mizu apart from the fumbles we had. Not totally his fault but as the QB you have to find ways to dig yourself out like Connor did. We are pretty deep at RB. Mike Davis is just gonna be Mike Davis. Beast. But the rest? Well, we have to stay out of the training room with injuries and quit running into the back of blockers. Good, solid group, but haven't shown me much apart from Davis and sparingly Wilds.

Clemson loses a good QB, a great WR, another decent WR, a good RB, and one OL. They will have new ones at all positions. Chad Kelly, Cole Stoudt, or D. Watson? None have played meaningful time apart from mop up duty. Losing sammy will be big for them, as he is a top flight receiver who just can't be replaced. Bryant is so so. The offense they're in throws a lot of balls up for the WRs to grab so they have a lot of guys with some catches. The WR core will take a hit though.

Their defense returns the whole Dline, 1 LB, and I want to say 2 safeties while losing 2 lbs and 2 corners. They have a stud dline whether we want to believe it or not. Watson and Beasley are studs. Losing Spencer and one other guy i can't remember his name will be tough, as he was the anchor for the D last season. They will be replacing a lot as well. But i think the D will be the strength of their team next season.
Not trying to call you out or anything, but I highly doubt with our coaches, and the 11 games before Clemson, there won't be too much inexperience in those positions anymore.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #34
bmurphy
Walk On

Male

bmurphy is learning to peckbmurphy is learning to peck
Default Snapping the streak: Clemson-S. Carolina

My apoligies if this has already been posted. Vote here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...south-carolina
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #35
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Snapping the streak: Clemson-S. Carolina

was already posted in smack
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #36
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

The trend favors SC; but you still have to play the game and anything can happen.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #37
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

It's really to the point right now where I just expect to beat Clemson. I'd be shocked if we didn't. I'm not saying they can't win, but I just think we have the better program, with the better coaches, and better players. All of this points to us as the likely winner
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:12 AM   #38
USC62
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1003248
USC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
SC will not beat Clemson this year and you can mark that down. We're just losing too much so we won't be nearly as good as them. I'll probably still try to go see it in person though. Would love to be there to see Clemson beat themselves a 6th straight time.

lol

“I don't know how it feels losing to Clemson and I'm not going to know how it feels,” Clowney said. “Because we ain't losing to them as long as I'm here.”
USC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:49 AM   #39
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Only if Dabo and Morris have moved on and no one reported it and even that is contingent on them hiring someone good

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #40
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Tater fans are such dirtbags. While we always laugh and make fun of them, they are always so full of hatred. To be honest, we should never lose to them in anything. We are the flagship university of the state of South Carolina and they will always just be clemson.
This perfectly describes your typical Clemson fan. They're always on edge and they have this false superiority complex.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote