CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (5234)
looks like we have 2 (1941)
Decommitment from Te (898)
Beat Miami (783)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (607)
Cleveland Browns Hea (604)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (588)
Frank Martin's Game (585)
Garcia and Clemsux T (575)
Need a dog kennel (219)
How Long Will The Rebuild
So, why is next year goin
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The Vent and Coaching cha
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
2015 - Mark Fields
Previewing Clemson
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Four USC Basketball Games
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 03-20-2014, 05:26 AM   #61
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Myrtle Beach Restaurant's

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
waffle house
You say this in jest but let me tell you how much it sucked that there was no waffle houses down there when I went to coastal. There are some now but when. I was in college 97-00 there was no waffle houses only huddle houses and they closed for an hour either 2-3am or 3-4am for cleaning.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #62
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Flying Fish at Barefoot Landing. Duffy's street is good too. Benitos has the best damn pizza ever

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #63
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthforever View Post
Sara J's in Garden City for Seafood, so a little closer than Murrell's Inlet. Locals and visitors love it. Anyone can eat off the children's menu and it is enough for many.
http://www.sarajs.com/ordereze/default.aspx

I second this suggestion. Their fried seafood platter is very good IMO. The family vacations in surfside every summer and we always eat at Sara J's. When I got older I decided to branch out and try more places so I've eaten at several restaurant on restaurant row in Murrells, and in Myrtle and North Myrtle, but SJ's beats all of them thus far IMO. Set on the marsh with a nice view.

Also, there is a restaurant called Gulf Stream way down the main road in Surfside that has an excellent early bird special. Salad and entree for $10- seafood, steak, chicken, etc. White table cloth, indoor or outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the marsh. Not any other restaurants close so very relaxing.

Sams Corner for lunch and get the El Paso sandwich. Grilled pimiento cheese sandwich with jalapeņos and bacon. Plenty of other interesting options. Typical greasy diner- a MB staple.

River City Cafe is also an interesting place with large burgers, sandwiches, onion rings, peanuts on the floor, you can write on the walls with a sharpie.

Those are places that you have to try atleast once when in Myrtle Beach. You're in NMB though, so a bit of a drive for some of those.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #64
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Oh and there's a place called Ron Jon's that has big parties with food and music. Been there once, had a decent time if memory serves me. Marsh walk in murrells is a good place to relax and have a beer or 10.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #65
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
So where would you guys suggest with numerous golfing options, ocean front resort and driving distance from Columbia? We are always looking for new places to go. We have done amelia island, Destin, orlando (obviously not ocean front) Hilton head, charleston etc
Any beach in Georgetown County.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #66
CockRoche
ADIDAS

Male

CockyCash: 50600
CockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I second this suggestion. Their fried seafood platter is very good IMO. The family vacations in surfside every summer and we always eat at Sara J's. When I got older I decided to branch out and try more places so I've eaten at several restaurant on restaurant row in Murrells, and in Myrtle and North Myrtle, but SJ's beats all of them thus far IMO. Set on the marsh with a nice view.

Also, there is a restaurant called Gulf Stream way down the main road in Surfside that has an excellent early bird special. Salad and entree for $10- seafood, steak, chicken, etc. White table cloth, indoor or outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the marsh. Not any other restaurants close so very relaxing.

Sams Corner for lunch and get the El Paso sandwich. Grilled pimiento cheese sandwich with jalapeņos and bacon. Plenty of other interesting options. Typical greasy diner- a MB staple.

River City Cafe is also an interesting place with large burgers, sandwiches, onion rings, peanuts on the floor, you can write on the walls with a sharpie.

Those are places that you have to try atleast once when in Myrtle Beach. You're in NMB though, so a bit of a drive for some of those.
To be primarily a burger only place, River City Cafe sucks. The patties tasted like straight frozen pucks.