CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
eightohhthree
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
cocky-K
HeadCockFan
jrussjr
markp_vip
The Yancey
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1989)
Defense not an issue (1949)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1428)
Legitimate, Unbiased (1428)
Cack's Toast of the (1311)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (1236)
why we're in this po (1089)
I guess we don't get (1070)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (781)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Spurrier Press conference
Predict the Season (After
Acockolypse Now.........
official UFC thread. (new
Ex-player sues Southern C
Gameday Sign Ideas
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
2016 - Bryan Edwards
2015 Commitment - Arden K

Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #41
uscjd2004
The Voice of Reason

Male

CockyCash: 2200
uscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talonsuscjd2004 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Will Clemson beat SC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru03 View Post
As much as I love Clemson, we (as a fan, I believe in using the term "we", you, etc. when referring to teams) cannot and will not beat your team this year.
Disagree. They were good enough potentially to beat us last year and the year before and just didn't get it done. The same probably will be true this year -- it's an even matchup. The game is in Clemson, which is never a walk in the park. Carolina has a lot of momentum in the series, lots of players who've been there and done that in terms of beating Clemson, and that could be the difference, but it's still very much up for grabs.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #42
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 300
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

The win-streak record between the two teams is owned by Clemson with seven consecutive wins from 1934-40. While we have the momentum I'd love it if we stole that record away from them and get eight consecutive wins.

Oh, fun fact, whenever a Clemson fan brings up the "overall record" between South Carolina vs Clemson, just ask them what the record has been since Clemson finally started allowing women and black people to attend their school in 1955. Man they hate when you ask that.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #43
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjd2004 View Post
Disagree. They were good enough potentially to beat us last year and the year before and just didn't get it done. The same probably will be true this year -- it's an even matchup. The game is in Clemson, which is never a walk in the park. Carolina has a lot of momentum in the series, lots of players who've been there and done that in terms of beating Clemson, and that could be the difference, but it's still very much up for grabs.
No way. We will find defensive production and offensive production is a given. I would pick Kentucky to beat us over Clemson this year. CU lost way too much talent.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #44
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I think we beat them up front (again). They certainly have talent on their team, but don't usually hold the trenches well enough to beat a team that has a strong defensive front. I also don't think they will be able to stop our running game without having to sell-out like last year - and we know how that worked out. They played an overstuffed front against Georgia, but Murray stunk it out and they couldn't make a late FG. They stacked against NC State, and the State receivers couldn't catch. They played pressure against FSU and...
I think we will have the skill and size on both lines to change their schemes, and without Watkins as a WR screen threat, I don't see their QB's as likely to be effective.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #45
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I think Clemson will have a down year. They are losing too much on offense. D will be improved but not good enough to have another year like the past 2.

I see 8-4 with loses to Georgia, FSU, UNC, and South Carolina.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote