CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Kyle76
b381l
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
The Demise of the 3- (2356)
East Carolina Predic (1591)
Why didn't Wes Green (1285)
A&M on 3rd down (650)
You guys are horribl (614)
Finally Cooled Off (541)
Did we ever go after (517)
louisville (489)
It's the offenses no (408)
Watching the Georgia (235)
whats up with Mike?
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
Recruiting Question
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Uniform thread
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Amonte Caban
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play

Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
South Carolinian
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
South Carolinian has hatched from the shell
Default You folks with no cable or satellite

how are you watching the NCAA tournament? if you are?
South Carolinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
usc_thereal
Recruit

Male

usc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming in
Default Re: You folks with no cable or satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Carolinian View Post
I have cable/satellite (because it's 2014 and I live in 'Merka). But just about everything is available online. The March Madness Live app streams all of them I think, for example.
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
If they don't have cable or satellite, I bet they wouldn't have internet either so I don't expect to hear from too many of them. I don't think I could make it without cable and broadband internet.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
South Carolinian
Recruit

Male

South Carolinian has hatched from the shell

It's just that many are dumping cable and satellite because of other ways to get your shows. haven't heard of a good one for live sports
South Carolinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

I don't know th details, but I heard Roku, Google Chromecast, and internet shows like Hulu might provide you with what you want. I don't think Hulu gives you a live games though.

Found Roku it might have the sports channels you desire.

here is the link it says it has 1000's of channels including sports.

http://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's just that many are dumping cable and satellite because of other ways to get your shows. haven't heard of a good one for live sports
1. Install Google Chrome
2. Install the AdBlock Plus extension for Chrome
3. Www.thefirstrow.eu
4. Profit!
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
At the bar.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

vipbox.tv is another good site like firstrow. Also, justin.tv will sometimes have a good sports stream.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
If they don't have cable or satellite, I bet they wouldn't have internet either so I don't expect to hear from too many of them. I don't think I could make it without cable and broadband internet.
I don't have cable tv or satellite. I have internet though. I just recently ditched Dish. We watch Netflix and Amazon Prime now.

But if I want to watch some BBall Tourneys..check this link out.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

Quote:
This is really the last major component of televised entertainment that's keeping me and a lot of people I know from dropping cable completely. Between Netflix, Amazon Instant with Prime, Hulu, Chromecast, etc. you can find just about anything you could want to watch, except live sports.

As another poster mentioned, I use FirstRowSports quite a bit, especially for PPV events like UFC fights. Still though, those streams aren't always very pretty or consistent.

As soon as somebody (ESPN?) wises up and offers access to live sports without a cable subscription, I think a lot of people will finally cut the cable cord. (Except for high speed internet, of course.)
Old 03-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
This is really the last major component of televised entertainment that's keeping me and a lot of people I know from dropping cable completely. Between Netflix, Amazon Instant with Prime, Hulu, Chromecast, etc. you can find just about anything you could want to watch, except live sports.

As another poster mentioned, I use FirstRowSports quite a bit, especially for PPV events like UFC fights. Still though, those streams aren't always very pretty or consistent.

As soon as somebody (ESPN?) wises up and offers access to live sports without a cable subscription, I think a lot of people will finally cut the cable cord. (Except for high speed internet, of course.)
I think the WWE Network will have a big effect on this moving forward. If it continues to be successful, watch for other sports to follow.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

It's on cbs. Just get a digital antenna. Also, cbssports.com is probably streaming free.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #13
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

I haven't had pay tv (cable/sat) in over a year now...we looked at what it was costing us on a yearly basis and then looked at what we used it for and determined that our usage didn't justify the cost. We pick up like 15 channels ota with an antenna, including all the big networks (CBS/abc/NBC/fox) and there is plenty of content on Netflix and PBS for the kids. As far as live sports, I haven't missed a game I have wanted to watch.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #14
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
It's on cbs. Just get a digital antenna. Also, cbssports.com is probably streaming free.
True. I am at work and was able to watch the end of Ohio St - Dayton... great game down the stretch.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #15
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
I don't have cable tv or satellite. I have internet though. I just recently ditched Dish. We watch Netflix and Amazon Prime now.
And no flippin commercials...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #16
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard
like someone else said. If you click on SCORES for basketball you can select whatever game you want to watch.
At least for today and tomorrow. Thankfully I work in an office during the day and have 3 monitors in my view and can put games on all of them. The boss loves it actually. He is amazed at the technology we have today.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #17
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Wow, more people than I thought are cutting the cable. IDK though, I'm too addicted to sports and don't trust the reliability of streaming enough to go away from cable just yet. Nothing worse than getting the buffering sign during a big play and holding your breath till it comes back on.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

It helps to have a buddy that has a sweet entertainment system and all the good channels for the big games. Also you can convince your parents or grandparents you'll visit more if they have a sweet set up too.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #19
Who
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 909259
Who has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spurs

all the games are online at http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/

for ESPN, FS1, and NBCSports if you know anyone with Comcast (and a few other providers i believe) they can watch all of those channels online so just ask them for their username/password. I pay $30 for interent and use my parents comcast password to watch everything so I don't have to pay for cable.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote