CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
NineInchSpurs
Regalcock
Pty23
thekob
2000grad
Badazcock
CCC
Spurticus
gromweat
Well, as it turns ou (3121)
Luginbill says ECU s (2724)
What the heck is up (2421)
Davis dinged up agai (1926)
ECU fan here (1605)
Freaky Coincidence o (1350)
Defensive stand-arou (1116)
New Photos by Travis (1021)
Quarles is a Colt! (862)
For the love of God! (761)
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
For the love of God! -- P
Davis dinged up again?
ECU fan here
Luginbill says ECU should
Waldrop injured
New Photos by Travis Bell
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
Well, as it turns out, we

Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #101
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Williams Brice Upgrades

I say fix up the area outside the Brice before we do anything major to the actual structure.

It's not the best SEC stadium, but you got to admit, it's better than it was 10 years ago
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #102
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I think there are just a bunch of headaches once they bring it in. First of all it's a college event. That means you have a student section where there are 18-20 year olds that can't drink legally. Now you have to bring in a stamping, or bracelet system. Have to implement rules such as only buying 1 drink at a time to prevent possible underage drinking. Than you have some folks who can get drunk and fall off the stadium and die. For them letting people drink in the stadium. The university has to take part responsibility for that person dying. Let alone to prevent a death of a person. There are a bunch of laws, and potential lawsuits that not only the university wouldn't want to deal with, but the SEC has it as a rule, and I don't think that will be changed.
Yeah, because serving alcohol doesn't work at all in professional stadiums or other college stadiums that already serve it.

Your argument is invalid. How often during NFL season do you read of people falling "off the stadium" and dying? Or during ALL the MLB games each season?

Nearly zero. Why is this such a foreign thing for you to comprehend when translated to a college stadium when 70% of the fans are of drinking age...junior/senior students, alumni, older fans, etc. Not far from the demographics of any other professional game.

You don't bring in any crazy "new" rules...as again, professional stadiums are handling it just fine. People aren't passed out everywhere, puking on each other, pissing in the bleachers, and fighting like some Hollywood movie.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #103
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I like the overall look of Williams Brice. It has a retro-70's look that is kind of unique.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #104
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

When I say between the walls, I mean between the seats. With the addition of the video board, the quality of the game experience took off. I do agree that concessions, bathrooms, and merchandise booths could use some renovations.

But the big issue is perception. I have a lot of friends from other fan bases, and rarely do they say, "Your stadium looks terrible." The comment I get 95% of the time is,"Why did you build it in the middle of a industrial wasteland?"

It's going to take more than some trees and grass. Some buildings will have to receive facelifts. I would like to see a little more landscaping along the back of the parking area in the fairgrounds. The stadium needs to be brightened up.

It will take some time. But after it's all completed, the focus should be on the stadium first, then on the area around it, not the other way around.

We want people to think, "Look at that stadium in such a nice setting." Not, "Look at that industrial wasteland with a football stadium in the middle of it.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #105
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

Does look good! BFWIW .I would add a round mosiac of a Gamecock 1/2 to 2/3 way up tower w/ white back ground to make it stand out against brick. BUT ! The biggest change I`d like to see is lower prices & better food for what they charge.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #106
jwilso6
Walk On

jwilso6 has feathers coming injwilso6 has feathers coming injwilso6 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamecock Outlaw View Post
Where can I find the original photo of this. Awesome picture!

Thanks man. I took that picture before the 2013 season. I'll send you a copy, just PM your email address.
jwilso6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #107
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Not to hijack the thread, but where has cack been? I see his most recent post is from two months ago.