CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (1177)
My predictions for 2 (1066)
Elcid99 (923)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (858)
Tennessee (787)
Question on Student (522)
Erin Murray's brothe (504)
Clowney in Practice (463)
Camp scheduled relea (375)
Bad movies that are (226)
Re-Airing South Carolina
Tennessee
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Green and Lammons
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Elcid99
John Abraham DUI
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Question on Student Secti

Old 03-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #101
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: official 2014 ncaa tournament thread

Rajun Cajuns hanging with Creighton.

33-39 Creighton End of First Half

Creighton looks like they'll advance though
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #102
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
if youre to have video replay you need to allow officials to call everything from the replay. i saw one yesterday where it was clearly out on team A (i forget the game) but there was a foul on the play that caused the turnover so without calling the foul the officials decided on their own to award the ball to team A. same scenario today in the new mexico/stanford game, out on new mexico but because of a stanford foul, they award the to stanford and its pretty much game over. replay is still better than no replay, but if youre not allowed to call a foul than use some common sense and discretion on who deserves the ball.

not that i had much confidence in new mexico to make a shot, but still.
I get what you're saying but I think it is unfair to be able to go to replay and call a foul. If it wasn't called during the play when it happened in real time, then it shouldn't be up to replay. There a lot of missed fouls / penalties and that is just the way it is.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #103
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
if youre to have video replay you need to allow officials to call everything from the replay. i saw one yesterday where it was clearly out on team A (i forget the game) but there was a foul on the play that caused the turnover so without calling the foul the officials decided on their own to award the ball to team A. same scenario today in the new mexico/stanford game, out on new mexico but because of a stanford foul, they award the to stanford and its pretty much game over. replay is still better than no replay, but if youre not allowed to call a foul than use some common sense and discretion on who deserves the ball.

not that i had much confidence in new mexico to make a shot, but still.
I agree, too much at stake for these teams to allow the officials to make the wrong call and not use the replay.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #104
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I get what you're saying but I think it is unfair to be able to go to replay and call a foul. If it wasn't called during the play when it happened in real time, then it shouldn't be up to replay. There a lot of missed fouls / penalties and that is just the way it is.
It also happened in the Duke game towards the end. Clearly a foul by Duke scrambling for a ball that wasn't called. Could have been a game changer, but luckily it wasn't.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #105
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Creighton beating UL-Lafayette 39-33 at halftime.

Doug McBuckets, I mean McDermott, already has a double-double with 17 pts and 10 rbs. If Creighton makes a run in this tournament, it's possible he could eclipse 1,000 points scored this season. That would be amazing.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #106
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Baylor's a hot team right now. Look for them to make some more noise.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #107
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Creighton beating UL-Lafayette 39-33 at halftime.

Doug McBuckets, I mean McDermott, already has a double-double with 17 pts and 10 rbs. If Creighton makes a run in this tournament, it's possible he could eclipse 1,000 points scored this season. That would be amazing.
They shoot the three as good as anyone. But, live by the three, die by the three...
Old 03-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #108
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

TN is working UMass
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #109
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
It also happened in the Duke game towards the end. Clearly a foul by Duke scrambling for a ball that wasn't called. Could have been a game changer, but luckily it wasn't.
I think it would ruin sports if you could go to replay and happen to see missed fouls... what is the point? Sports are played in real time and should be judged in real time.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #110
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
true, but like i said that wasnt the only option. so throw out the idea of calling the foul correctly. the game yesterday had essentially the same thing happen, but they just awarded the ball to the team that got fouled since they couldnt call the foul. that way youre at least giving them the ball rather than awarding the ball to the team that committed a foul that wasnt called. i dont think it necessarily goes down the road of the idea of makeup calls possessions apart, because we're talking one play with the closest call that the officials are allowed to make in lieu of the correct one, rather than the furthest away.

then again that likely would hurt the officials grade by his supervisor, in which case there needs to be common sense when it comes to officiating.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #111
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

UMass definitely wins the award for most "tatted up".
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #112
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I think it would ruin sports if you could go to replay and happen to see missed fouls... what is the point? Sports are played in real time and should be judged in real time.
I see your point, but with say 5:00 to go in a game in the Big Dance...might be worth looking at. In this case that I was talking about, Duke threw the ball out of bounds anyway. But i'm sure Mercer was in the bonus at the time. If Duke made the easy shot like they should have, it could have been a 4 point turnaround that should have never happened and may have changed the outcome of the game. I say give each team some challenges like in football and tennis.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #113
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

I lost a bet and I will give him tickets to the bears game since he is a bears fan done with this bet
Roddy White (@roddywhiteTV) March 21, 2014
Old 03-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #114
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Rajin Cajuns and Creighton all tied

Now they're up by 4 over Creighton!

Creighton now up by 1...
Old 03-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #115
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

The A-Sun strikes again.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #116
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

eastern kentucky jumping out on kansas 23-14
Old 03-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #117
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

58-53 Creighton 7:43 to go

59-56 Creighton 7:26 to go
Old 03-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #118
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Creighton wins 76-66
Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #119
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

Kansas and Eastern Kentucky tied at 32 at halftime.

Gonzaga up 33-25 on Okie State with about 4 minutes to go in the first half.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #120
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

48-47 E. Kentucky over Kansas

12:16 to go

50-47 Eastern KY over Kansas

---------------------

50-49 EKY with 10:55 to go