CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
GarnetSwarm1990
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
kingoftheroost
ccured
markp_vip
Morris to SMU (6265)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (2185)
Clemson fans (1764)
Carolina on a Walmar (1448)
Venables to TAMU? (1349)
Vegas line moving on (952)
Game simulation (942)
End of the aTm / LSU (675)
Women's Soccer Elite (665)
Have we been favored (517)
Venables to TAMU?
Arkansas...
marshall/WKU
Vegas line moving on game
Have we been favored in e
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Texans getting frustrated
ray rice wins appeal
End of the aTm / LSU game

Old 03-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #121
gamecckfan
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4000
gamecckfan is learning to peck
Send a message via AIM to gamecckfan Send a message via Yahoo to gamecckfan
Default Re: **USC vs. Kentucky GAME #2 Thread**

Wynkoop was awesome. I feel sorry the rest of the team didn't support him.

In memory of my mother 4-25-45 to 3-7-04
gamecckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #122
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1012824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

What is it about that place? We had too many chances to win this game to not do so. A runner on third and one out should always score for us.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #123
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

we used up all the easy pop ups to rf earlier in the game when we only needed 1 in the 9th
Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #124
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

With a lefty and Schrock's stuggles this week-end I don't know that I wouldn't have pinch hit for him. But thats easy to say in hindsight.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #125
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
With a lefty and Schrock's stuggles this week-end I don't know that I wouldn't have pinch hit for him. But thats easy to say in hindsight.
i think he earned that at bat with his heroics last weekend. the important at bat was mooney and he couldn't put it in play.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #126
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
i think he earned that at bat with his heroics last weekend. the important at bat was mooney and he couldn't put it in play.
Would have liked to see Mooney try to put down a squeeze
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #127
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

at least now our fans can stop tweeting to the polls that we deserve to be #1 every week. We have some issues we better work out quickly or we will find ourselves in a hole in the sec race
Old 03-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #128
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I think our main issue is Montgomery. We need to find what his problem is and get him back on track. Other than that we still have our age old problem of stranding too many men on base.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #129
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecckfan View Post
Wynkoop was awesome. I feel sorry the rest of the team didn't support him.
He did pitch well but the difference in the game was his balk.
Without the balk, the second run would not have scored.

Also, the blown call cost us one to two runs, IF everything else stayed the same.

I've heard it said many times; "Baseball can be a fickle ..."
Old 03-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #130
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Seems every year we go through a spell where we can't buy a hit with RISP
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #131
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

Just saw on twitter the home team has won the last 13 games in this uk/usc series. crazy that we are now only 2-3 in sec play

Last edited by rosstheboss; 03-22-2014 at 05:48 PM.
rosstheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #132
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1503867758
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Want to win tomorrow! Score early and often, and put Crowe on their rears!

Sucks losing the first 2 games.....
Old 03-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #133
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Mooney HAS to put that ball in play somwhere. Was disappointed in his at bat BUT much rather have these sort of games in March to help in June. The call at 2nd was GAWD AWFUL. Tanner was standing up before the ball even arrived. Dont blame Holbrook for gettin tossed.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #134
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Lexington Kentucky is a horror movie...Doesnt matter what sport it is...Horror Story. Bright side...The last time South Carolina lost the series to Kentucky the Gamecocks made it to the CWS Championship series.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #135
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Mooney HAS to put that ball in play somwhere. Was disappointed in his at bat BUT much rather have these sort of games in March to help in June. The call at 2nd was GAWD AWFUL. Tanner was standing up before the ball even arrived. Dont blame Holbrook for gettin tossed.
Can't fault Chad at all...that might be the worst call I've seen in a while.
Still, got to make contact and get Arendas in to tie the game in the ninth.
Very disappointed in Mooney's at bat...Schrock I don't have a problem with. He has gotten the hit so far this season, just didn't work out.

Really havne't had good approach at the plate the last few games...and last two have come back to bite us.

Wynkoop and the D did enough to win...our offense last this game.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #136
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Chad Holbrook argues Tanner English Safe.

Chad Holbrook postgame interview
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote