CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
B-G
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
b381l
CoverTwo
Why is everyone anti (1402)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1116)
Just thought of some (932)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (781)
Let us clarify some (740)
How did we not make (691)
Miss St. defense (662)
Is Clowney back toni (610)
Flopping is reaching (351)
Roll call for Auburn
SOS says his next stop is
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
Name a Gamecock
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins

Old 03-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #61
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Naty Rodgers arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Didn't Tanner McEvoy get kicked off the team for something similar?
no, he got a ticket for it and he chose to quit and transfer b/c Shaw was going to start and Dylan was #2. He transferred to get PT.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #62
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

don't these kids have mentors or people that keep an eye on them?
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #63
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
don't these kids have mentors or people that keep an eye on them?
LOL. You cant be serious.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #64
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

A babe in the woods
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:49 AM   #65
The'Boose2001
The Watchman

Male

CockyCash: 400
The'Boose2001 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to The'Boose2001 Send a message via Skype™ to The'Boose2001

Rules are rules. It sucks because he is talented and had/has a potential professional future ahead of him. No fear, South Carolina is deep on O-Line.
The'Boose2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #66
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
LOL. You cant be serious.
yes i am. the last time someone got in trouble that i recall was byron jerideau and he hasn't been here for a few years. i figured someone was watching these guys when you compare our team to others.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #67
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
yes i am. the last time someone got in trouble that i recall was byron jerideau and he hasn't been here for a few years. i figured someone was watching these guys when you compare our team to others.
The coaches and teammates are the players mentors.

The coaches and teammates have lives. They don't babysit the players. The players are all adults. Our oppressive laws which legislate morality, however, don't treat them that way.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #68
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

He has to be held accountable.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #69
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

I remember my first Minor in Possession. ....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #70
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
I remember my first Minor in Possession. ....

That sounds creepy.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #71
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

This has been going on for longer than I have been alive. No big deal. A college student had some drinks and did something stupid and is now being punished for it. Big blue marble keeps on spinning.

This happens on every single campus in the nation and has for as long as that campus has been a campus.

I've said this many times before but some people here would be absolutely shocked by the behavior of the Joe Morrison teams. The idea that unless you stay in your dorm room and study your playbook everyday you can't play winning football is completely unfounded.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #72
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
That sounds creepy.

Haha. I was referring to a minor in Possession of alcohol ticket. ..

carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #73
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

No 5 point policy????? Wow have you ever been to other college towns??? All college towns have an area where all the college bars are, and its pretty stupid to try and keep college students, athletes or not from these establishments. Having a good time and college go hand in hand. How these kids handle these situations is up to them. But beating a kid up for having a couple drinks and getting loud is absurd.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #74
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Thats ridiculous. This isn't 5th grade.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #75
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Well, the silver lining here is when you read "player arrested" it could be any number of things, and getting drunk in 5 points is about the least heinous of any of those possibilities. That said, when you're a college athlete, you just can't do that stuff. Stick to smaller gatherings and house parties until you're 21 or at least don't get "disorderly" when you're out having a good time. My concern here is that Na'Ty has frequently been a host for recruiting visitors. Gotta make sure we're not taking recruits to the bars...
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #76
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Na'Ty also missed a practice for academic reasons. Hopefully Coach Spurrier and Ray Tanner set him straight. Big guy is extremely gifted.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #77
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

So he got arrested for doing what nearly every college student does.

I'm more curious which business sold him the alcohol, because they should lose their license for that.

First offense, punish him accordingly and see if he learns from it. If it happens again, then we may have a problem, but for this, not too worried.

Much worse things he could do than drink underage.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #78
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
So he got arrested for doing what nearly every college student does.

I'm more curious which business sold him the alcohol, because they should lose their license for that.

First offense, punish him accordingly and see if he learns from it. If it happens again, then we may have a problem, but for this, not too worried.

Much worse things he could do than drink underage.
I'm pretty sure that it's been established that he did more than drink or what "every college student does"... or did that post get deleted? Also, how do you know he didn't have a fake ID? Kid goes downtown, gets drunk, acts stupid, and you want to blame the bar. Classic.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #79
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

If this was any other college student.......athletes are not employees (yet). Part of growing up.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #80
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
The coaches and teammates are the players mentors.

The coaches and teammates have lives. They don't babysit the players. The players are all adults. Our oppressive laws which legislate morality, however, don't treat them that way.
The law is still the law until changed.

It's about responsibility and he has to take responsibility for his actions, not say his actions are justified bc someone else cramps his style.

i detest entitlement mentalities.