CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Tolley
taylorssc
The Yancey
ccured
ColaCock
TN game weather (1558)
Who is your favorite (1097)
Aliens Are Real (548)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (479)
FSU vs. Louisville (357)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (330)
Need a ride tomorrow (255)
Talking Animals (191)
UT Vols failed to re (186)
Cavs vs. Bulls (165)
**USC vs. Tennessee GAME
Lattimore to play after S
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
TN game weather
Interesting quotes from D
Have you ever been so wro
4th down territory
UT Vols failed to report

Old 03-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #241
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
There is an update on TBS, anyone read it yet?
Just did.
USC keeping close contact despite recruiting largely on hold during tourney.
Some believe decision could come at any time.
A'ja "battling" with timeframe of her announcement.
Quote:
When we last spoke with the Wilson family, they felt that a decision would likely be announced closer to signing day around April 16 but the feeling is that Wilson may go public with her decision at the McDonald's All-American Game next week (April 2) in Chicago.
TBS still feels USC out front w/ UT #2 and would be surprised if she's not Gamecock when all is said and done.

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #242
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

A'ja has officially announced she will be making her decision on April 16th, the first day of the signing period....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #243
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
A'ja has officially announced she will be making her decision on April 16th, the first day of the signing period....
And here is the State newspaper article.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/27/3...r-college.html
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #244
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Dawn being named as one of the most effective leaders in the world by Fortune Magazine certainly didn't hurt.Just gives more momentum and credibility to an already hot program.

Last edited by Beano Cook; 03-27-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #245
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Here is my scenario send her a text of the team with their National Championship on April 9th with the comment "We would love for you to come and help us repeat in 2015." (Assuming this doesn't violate NCAA rules).

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #246
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I hope A'ja realizes that our team is still a work in progress and that with her and the rest of the incoming freshmen next year, we will be nearly unbeatable in 2014-15.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #247
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I hope A'ja realizes that our team is still a work in progress and that with her and the rest of the incoming freshmen next year, we will be nearly unbeatable in 2014-15.

Sure she knows....Coach Staley has said many times this squad is a year ahead of schedule...Aja talents along with the new guards will boost this team inot the stratosphere
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #248
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Uconn

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #249
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Uconn
Is that a prediction or inside info
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #250
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Nope, just some some negative dude expecting our hopes to be let down for no real reason.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #251
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Nope, just some some negative dude expecting our hopes to be let down for no real reason.
Haha whatever you say bro. Gamecock..... Feel better now?

Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM   #252
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
It's what someone who knows her family told me. God forbid someone predict a recruit to another school. Guess I'm just a negative fan :(

Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #253
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's what someone who knows her family told me. God forbid someone predict a recruit to another school. Guess I'm just a negative fan :(
To be fair, this is a board of Gamecocks
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #254
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
To be fair, this is a board of Gamecocks
Is it really....? Shame on me for passing along info I heard about a recruit. From now on, all predictions made, will be for the Gamecocks!

Old 03-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #255
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Another week passed, another TBS VIP. Their "vibe" is still that she's USC bound according to the people they talk to.

Sixteen more days left. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the McD's Game Wednesday night and as much I want to see A'ja and Jatarie play, my biggest curiosity is reserved for Bianca.

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #256
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Is it really....? Shame on me for passing along info I heard about a recruit. From now on, all predictions made, will be for the Gamecocks!

That is one way to go. Do not expect people here to just take any post as gospel, especially posts that differ from the majority of information that has been given so far.

Now in reality, who knows what is going to happen besides the recruit? We could flip a coin or throw darts at a dart board and it would mean the same as anything said before the player signs.

Before Marcus Lattimore signed here, there were members saying he was thinking about going to Auburn. Clowney was going to flip to Clemson or Alabama. Jeffery was a lock for Southern California. Drew Barker was going to surprise everyone and don the garnet and black.

If you want to post that you heard from a source that she is going somewhere else, that is fine. Expect that people here will question who you heard it from and why you believe it to be true.

It should not fill you with such displeasure if you know in your heart that what you said is 100% a sure thing and correct.

Just sit back with your arms folded and a shit-eating grin on your face at all the naysayers once your fact comes to fruition.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #257
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
in all fairness the issue wasn't you made a prediction and passed along info. the issue you was your one word douchebag post of uconn.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #258
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Haha whatever you say bro. Gamecock..... Feel better now?
No feeling change whatsoever as I think you are fos. Some who knows her family told you where she was going? Riiiiiiiiight.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #259
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
my brothers half cousins barber is friends with their neighbors daughter and she told me Aja is going to USC.

Legit info
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #260
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit

If you were a highly rated athlete, would you rather go to an established championship program or to a highly rated, up and coming program?

Me personally, I'd rather go to the up and coming program in order to help push that program over the top. There is nothing new to be gained by going to the established championship team.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote