CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
MEL
auslander
sanford
MWard
ccured
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
WeStillOwnUSC
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1461)
Texags (1213)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1092)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Ace suspended 4 game (989)
Dawg DL man arrested (897)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (741)
Comporium (736)
Georgia DE Jonathan (613)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (604)
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
2015 - Traveon Samuel
2015 - Mon Denson
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Albert Huggins

Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 AM   #101
cockyva
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyva has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Naty Rodgers arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I want good judgment, maturity, and no mistakes from our players - on and off the field. Do I expect it? No. Do I assume that every under 21 year-old on our team will exercise good judgment, beyond most his age? No. Will I assume he responds best to someone "in his face?" No. Will I assume he's not sorry he embarrassed himself, his team, and his family? No. Do I expect to see punishment? Yes, if reasonable. Do I expect him to learn from the experience, the reactions of his coaches, his team-mates, and his family? Yes. Do You?
deep thoughts by goofy boy.
cockyva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #102
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
i am talking NOW....NOT the last five years.
exactly. we need to be more like clemson .... a leader machine!!! If our head coach were not such a sm*art *ass we might be able to generate some. Dabo Sweeney is a great example of how a Head Coach should behave at a major university if he wants to create leaders on the team!!!

In all seriousness, I don't know if you are for real or not with your questions. They seem to be the kind of questions that would be asked by a person with a hidden agenda. But if you are serious, and I will assume you are, you should know that there are a huge number of leaders on this Gamecock team. I would recommend you go to the South Carolina Official Athletic Department video page and watch some of the player and coaches videos. The winter workout video, which is linked in another thread on here, has snippets of the players working out. It is awesome. There are leaders you may try to identify in all those videos, and the leaders will be obvious to you if you look for it. You don't have a thing to worry about . . . assuming you are a worrying type and not just a fake fan on here trying to start dissension by implying that there are no leaders on the Gamecocks because one young guy was arrested for an extremely minor offense.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 03-25-2014 at 06:48 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #103
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

How did Clemson get brought up when a guy asked a question about leaders.
Granted it's a tough question to answer (if saying who's the next Lattimore or Shaw) I don't know why it was then compared to Clemson.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #104
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
How did Clemson get brought up when a guy asked a question about leaders.
Granted it's a tough question to answer (if saying who's the next Lattimore or Shaw) I don't know why it was then compared to Clemson.
Because most of the fakes/trolls on here are Clemson people as opposed to Dawgs, etc. (SEC fans seem to have a lot more class to them than the typical Clemson, ACC troll.) Not saying this dude is a troll. Just his questions seem to suggest he might be one.

Shaq Attack
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #105
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
do we have any leaders on the team that will get in a players face if they mess up like this? i know we had players like lattimore who led by example and was a great role model. do we have anyone on the team who takes it upon themselves to lead the team on and off the field?
You should really spend more time over on Tigernet where you belong.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #106
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Because most of the fakes/trolls on here are Clemson people as opposed to Dawgs, etc. (SEC fans seem to have a lot more class to them than the typical Clemson, ACC troll.) Not saying this dude is a troll. Just his questions seem to suggest he might be one.
Yazoo is correct. CT is infested with a large cadre of trolls. They come from various schools but most have a decided uringe odor to them. Some people created multiple IDs here years ago and begin using them when they wish to disrupt our barnyard. A simple stroll through the member list with an eye to sign up date and post numbers will show you some of them.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #107
boness
Recruit

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

The troll thing is likely true on every board. The problem is, as BG pointed out, the troll reply and it's ilk have become an automated plug in. Off times anyone ask a hard balll question that places USC under a bright light where the answer is possibly not complimentary instead of an acknowleging a concern may exist and explaining or providing facts that defend against such concerns, posters pull "you must be a tiger, a troll, a bull dog, a demon, a spy...maybe all five!!
Whether or not it is meant, it comes off like we can't use truth to account and defend so we attack and slander.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #108
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
The troll thing is likely true on every board. The problem is, as BG pointed out, the troll reply and it's ilk have become an automated plug in. Off times anyone ask a hard balll question that places USC under a bright light where the answer is possibly not complimentary instead of an acknowleging a concern may exist and explaining or providing facts that defend against such concerns, posters pull "you must be a tiger, a troll, a bull dog, a demon, a spy...maybe all five!!
Whether or not it is meant, it comes off like we can't use truth to account and defend so we attack and slander.
Trolls are not that hard to spot. It is not slander if you out one of them because it is true. I have seen a number of trolls caught by alert Cockytalk participants, and just about all of the trolls whined about how they were legitimate fans, and that they were being "attacked" and "slandered" and how people who suspected ulterior motives could not accept their truthful "reality." Then, low and behold, the troll was lying and was actually a sick clemson fan.

I get what you're saying, which is why I am careful before I jump to conclusions.

PS: I am not a crusader for outing trolls. Mostly, I just choose to block the people who I believe are either trolls or are so negative I don't wish to read what they write.

Shaq Attack
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #109
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's essentially the Cockytalk version of "your mama". There are certain posters who are incapable of actual responses or logical thought so the result to "you're a tater" for everything.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #110
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Is he back on the team yet?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #111
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

He is practicing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
In case anyone was wondering.... Na'Ty Rogers was working out with the
team this afternoon. Not sure what kind of punishment his suspension
carries, but he was out there practicing today.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #112
Master Bedroom
Blue Chip

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
More like NAUGHT'Y RODGERS!

AM I RIGHT GUYS????
#quality
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #113
boness
Recruit

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
It's essentially the Cockytalk version of "your mama". There are certain posters who are incapable of actual responses or logical thought so the result to "you're a tater" for everything.
I'm not intending to imply Yazoo nor Yancey.... are incapable of reasoned reply. Both r informed, opinioned GCs. Mr. Dizzy here notes some of us on many occasion and I add most of us on at least some occasion resort to "well because ahhhh..... I said so".
ha I almost wish sometimes when one of us sees a perspective or point for which we do not have a good retort, instead of trying to devalue the statement by assaulting the speakers credibility we throw caution to the wind, stand tall and utter such timeless twirps as "yo momma" :)
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #114
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Yazoo is correct. CT is infested with a large cadre of trolls. They come from various schools but most have a decided uringe odor to them. Some people created multiple IDs here years ago and begin using them when they wish to disrupt our barnyard. A simple stroll through the member list with an eye to sign up date and post numbers will show you some of them.
Hey now, Long Time member and low post count does not always mean "Troll".
Before applying this, remember that there are exceptions.
Some of us just don't post a lot.

I would say judge the tree by the fruit that it produces.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #115
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree with you and yazoo. I think people are too quick to jump on the troll bandwagon if they don't like someone's response. I don't really care. If you don't like someone's response ignore them or block them. Not every criticism or tough question makes someone a troll.