CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
MEL
auslander
sanford
MWard
ccured
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
WeStillOwnUSC
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1461)
Texags (1213)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1092)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Ace suspended 4 game (989)
Dawg DL man arrested (897)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (741)
Comporium (736)
Georgia DE Jonathan (613)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (604)
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
2015 - Traveon Samuel
2015 - Mon Denson
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Albert Huggins

Old 03-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default COCKYTALK SPRING PRACTICE REPORT: 3/25/14

Spring Practice 3/25/14 (Practice Number 5)

Well, not a lot to report on today guys. Coach Spurrier decided to cut the practice very short and the team was sent to the locker room shortly after five o’clock. I only got to see about 5 minutes of the one on ones, about 10 minutes of the punters (Patrick Fish and Tyler Hull) kicking to Shaq Roland, Nick Jones and Pharoh Cooper. After that, Coach Robinson brought the Kickoff team over to the near field to work on getting down field, engaging and getting off of blocks and finding the ball return man.

In the few minutes of 1 on 1 that I did see, all I have to tell you is that neither of the QBs were on target that much. I saw Dylan over throw a couple of open receivers trying to go deep, and the other three QBs behind him were not doing that much better. There were a few routes that looked decent with catches made by Matt Harvey, Buster Anderson, Jacob August etc.. But I also saw Shaq Roland and Shamier Jeffery drop passes that were “THERE”. Giving the players the benefit of the doubt though, because it was windy and very chilly out there. I think that’s the main reason they ended the practice short today. It was just a bad day to be out there.

Hopefully I’ll have more to bring you guys Thursday afternoon.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: COCKYTALK SPRING PRACTICE REPORT: 3/25/14

Thanks for your effort, Spurt!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I bet they can't wait for the new indoor practice facility to be up and ready.
Thank you for the report.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor windy as hell weather will prevent Spurt from doing a practice report...pts

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers

Last edited by behindenemylines; 03-28-2014 at 03:42 PM.
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Thanks for your effort, Spurt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
I bet they can't wait for the new indoor practice facility to be up and ready.
Thank you for the report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor windy as hell weather will orevent Spurt from soing a practice report...pts
My pleasure !
Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

In case anyone was wondering.... Na'Ty Rogers was working out with the
team this afternoon. Not sure what kind of punishment his suspension
carries, but he was out there practicing today.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Thank you for the effort Spurt!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #8
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Thx Spurt!

Sorry you went to the effort of going for not much entertainment.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #9
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

The weather has been crazy today in Columbia. I'm not surprised at all.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #10
snoopy
Blue Chip

snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

Thanks Spurt!
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #11
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
In case anyone was wondering.... Na'Ty Rogers was working out with the
team this afternoon. Not sure what kind of punishment his suspension
carries, but he was out there practicing today.

I'm really shocked at this news.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #12
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Not really, he might miss games, but you want him be on the same page as the team when he gets back.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 AM   #13
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I'm not. The charges were extremely minor.

If it were a more serious charge you would expect him to be suspended from all team activities. This? It is such a minor offense--akin to a traffic ticket--it is not surprising at all.

The surprising thing about this is it is even deemed newsworthy by The State.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #14
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

So Gerald Turner is now at Fullback, curious to see how long that lasts.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #15
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Georgia Players are at practice facing check cashing fraud. Imagine that! At some point That Coach must put the players before football in Athens and set the example send them home. Spurt I owe you a beer. Thanks for the info.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #16
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Any info on the walkons the HBC talked about in his interview. He stated there were some real good players, including one from Gardner Webb.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #17
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayserv View Post
Any info on the walkons the HBC talked about in his interview. He stated there were some real good players, including one from Gardner Webb.
I didn't hear the interview with Coach Spurrier yesterday after practice, but I
was able to catch a little of Coach Brown's post game interview this morning
on the way to work when they played a clip of him talking about Jamari Smith.
There are a couple of guys from Gardner-Webb so I'm not sure which one of
those he was talking about specifically, but I can tell you the ones who has
stood out in practice so far in the couple of practices I've seen.
Carlton Heard is a W/on WR from Gardner Webb who has had a very solid
Spring so far. He has gotten a lot of reps with the second unit offense and has
made all the easy catches. PLUS made a couple of diving catches of poorly
thrown balls. Rod Talley is the other W/on from G-W that I know of. Not
a lot of reps as a third unit RB, but nothing drastically bad about his reps
so far. Darius Paulk (Rodney Paulk's little brother) has had a very good Spring
so far at Full back. They've used him as our designated "H" back when we
run plays with that formation (similar to what we did with Patrick DiMarco
during his senior season here.
The Standout Walk On though has been Jacob August (TE). Started out as
a second unit TE, but after a fantastic workout Tuesday of last week, he
has worked his way up to getting reps with the first unit offense at times, and
has gotten the attention of Dylan Thompson as a good solid Check Down or
short game receiver over the middle. ... Mr August has some excellent blocking
skills as well, based on the number of DEs who've ended up with their asses
on the ground in front of him at times.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
Talon1
4-Star

Male

Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Now this is cold!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...d-weather-team
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote