CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
CockyLifer
b381l
kingofnerf
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
TexAgTrojan
Order 66
GH
Garnet Gamecock
So, Dylan Thompson? (5136)
Confused fan here. (3677)
Is anybody still opt (3476)
Here's a terrifying (2504)
Predict the Season ( (2343)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1832)
How were the Aggie f (1150)
Could Mike Davis Be (1118)
David Williams?? (1100)
This says it all. (925)
Plugging Holes W/Recruiti
So, Dylan Thompson?
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Predict the Season (After
Is anybody still optimist
2015 Commitment - Michael
Recruiting Question
A&M vent thread
Confused fan here. Why i
Priority #1: Teach Tackli

Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #61
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Which sports are fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Ughhh how many times have you seen future hall of fame players get a ring the year they retire..You really think it was based off luck?
Kobe will not get another ring in his career unless he plays with a guy named James or Durant... and that ain't happening.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #62
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Kobe will not get another ring in his career unless he plays with a guy named James or Durant... and that ain't happening.

I'm not a Kobe fan but he will get his last ring.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #63
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Mumbly-peg
Boche Ball
Lawn Jarts

All fixed
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #64
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Dodge ball and Beer Pong
For SURE!!!
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #65
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material

Boxing and some NBA games.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #66
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Ughhh how many times have you seen future hall of fame players get a ring the year they retire..You really think it was based off luck?
How many? I'd like to know.
Bill Russell and MJ seem like the only ones.
Even if you don't count Mjs stint with the wizards.

Bird didn't, Magic didn't, Shaq nope.

Kareem didn't, Karl Malone lost in his last year with the Lakers, Dr J never did, Jerry West didn't, Oscsr Robertson didn't, Walt Frazier didn't, John Havlicek didn't, Wilt Chamberlain didn't, Bob Cousy didnt.

Are we just going by Nba?
Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #67
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

carnival games

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #68
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
How many? I'd like to know.

Bill Russell and MJ seem like the only ones.

Even if you don't count Mjs stint with the wizards.

Bird didn't, Magic didn't, Shaq nope.

Kareem didn't, Karl Malone lost in his last year with the Lakers, Dr J never did, Jerry West didn't, Oscsr Robertson didn't, Walt Frazier didn't, John Havlicek didn't, Wilt Chamberlain didn't, Bob Cousy didnt.

Are we just going by Nba?

I was going by the NFL but that's a lot of NBA players on that list.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #69
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
I go back to my original question....have you seen the Lakers play lately? They're not winning a title anytime soon and don't make the playoffs even with Kobe.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #70
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm not a Kobe fan but he will get his last ring.
He already has his last ring... Believe that.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #71
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
I was going by the NFL but that's a lot of NBA players on that list.
Yea a lot of Nba players that didn't win in their last years.
And only 2 that did.

For the NFL I can only think of Elway.
And Michael Strahan if you count that.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #72
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

The Patriots winning after 9/11
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #73
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Yea a lot of Nba players that didn't win in their last years.
And only 2 that did.

For the NFL I can only think of Elway.
And Michael Strahan if you count that.
NBA:
David Robinson

NFL:
Ray Lewis

But, I agree with you. Players will chase that last ring before they retire, but it doesn't happen too often.

Last edited by markymark550; 03-25-2014 at 07:50 PM.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #74
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
There's no way the NBA was going to allow the Kings to win. The Kings were the better team that year. The Kings knew it. The Lakers knew it. The NBA knew it. One of the worst officiated games in playoff history.

I don't know why the NBA did that to Sacramento. Sacramento had the best NBA fans for YEARS!!! NBA teams HATED playing here because it was so loud. This city would have gone insane if the Kings had won. There was ZERO chance a team from the East was beating the Kings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Thanks for that video. I had not seen that before. But if ANYONE doubts the idea of a sporting event being fixed, watch that video. It's proof that Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals was the worst officiated game in NBA history. I won't go so far as to say it was fixed but something wasn't right.

The Kings were the best team in the NBA that year. Even the Lakers know that. NBC may have wanted LA in the Finals but the Kings were a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more entertaining team to watch than the Lakers. And better too!
Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt about that game being fixed, at least by the officials. Don't care for either the Lakers or the Kings, but I remember watching that game and not believing what I was seeing. Don't like Mike Bibby, but that forearm shiver Kobe gave him was just dirty. There are lots of reasons why I don't like Kobe, and that play is towards the top of the list.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #75
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt about that game being fixed, at least by the officials. Don't care for either the Lakers or the Kings, but I remember watching that game and not believing what I was seeing. Don't like Mike Bibby, but that forearm shiver Kobe gave him was just dirty. There are lots of reasons why I don't like Kobe, and that play is towards the top of the list.
I've lived in Sacramento since 2001, followed the Kings before that. I went to playoff games and followed this team back then as closely as I did the Gamecocks. There is no way the Lakers were better than those Kings team. Game 6 had people all over the country scratching their heads and calling out the NBA. I've never seen anything like it before or since. That game was one of the worst officiated sporting events I've ever seen.

Vlade was back in town this week. The players from that team are still loved and adored here. And the players feel the same about the city.