CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
JDJones
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
10 years since " (1987)
Sidney Rice is havin (1518)
Why the hesitance to (1017)
BJ Mckie (416)
Should UNC get death (392)
2014 Charleston Clas (355)
Getting Back on Trac (325)
Hospitality Area? (300)
Cocky cloth towels (262)
Challenge to or revi (226)
2015 Defensive Line
2014 Charleston Classic *
Micheal Shumacher Fightin
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Dragon Age Origins free!
Should UNC get death pena
Family, Faith, and Gameco
How many??
Lineup Changes (Offense)
weekend conference Predic

Old 02-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #121
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: X1 launch...anybody else grab theirs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
New deal coming soon

Xbox One Titanfall bundle coming March 11th for $499.99

If youíve been debating whether or not to pick up an Xbox One, itís worth noting that Microsoft just sweetened the pot. Starting on March 11th, select retailers will begin offering a limited edition Titanfall bundle of the Xbox One for $499.99. Itís almost identical to the standard package that is currently sitting on store shelves, including the price, but the bundle will include a free copy of Titanfall, one of the most anticipated releases of the year. Sales of the Xbox One have been gradually sliding behind the PlayStation 4 since launch, but this deal will certainly get the attention of the consumers who have yet to decide on a next-gen console. You can preorder the bundle right now from the Microsoft Store.

Figures...I bought an Xbox One last week and still haven't gotten a game. Waiting on Titanfall to drop.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #122
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Figures...I bought an Xbox One last week and still haven't gotten a game. Waiting on Titanfall to drop.
lol...murphy's law strikes again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #123
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Walmart is cutting the prices of the Xbox One again. They are offering the Titanfall Bundle Edition for $449.99, making it cheaper then the PS4 without any game.

http://screen.yahoo.com/playstation-...142206993.html

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #124
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

The need to make a kinectless box to make it even cheaper. My kinectless is basically useless, always off.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #125
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
The need to make a kinectless box to make it even cheaper. My kinectless is basically useless, always off.
A lot of people will agree with you, myself included. I do believe that will happen in the near future.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #126
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Walmart is cutting the prices of the Xbox One again. They are offering the Titanfall Bundle Edition for $449.99, making it cheaper then the PS4 without any game.

http://screen.yahoo.com/playstation-...142206993.html
This now applies to Best Buy and Amazon as well.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #127
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
A lot of people will agree with you, myself included. I do believe that will happen in the near future.
This includes Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. Why don't companies put questionairre's out for the customer before they release a system. I'm sure if a questionairre that gave a free month of Xbox live asking customers questions about whether the Kinect should be an add on, or not. I think the 1 would of sold a good bit more already. On top of dropping the price tag by a 100-150 bucks they would be valuing the voice of their customers opinions. A customer respects a company that tries to give them what they want. On top of that with the Xbox if they would of had the questionairre asking about the other features they had to release a patch to take out they would of never had that negative PR. Like being online 24/7 to play a game, licensing fee's when selling games. Things like that it would of never came to light, and you would of saw first hand that a bunch of gamers wouldn't of liked those two features.

Last edited by rioninusc; 03-25-2014 at 01:50 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #128
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Won't happen. There are way too many next-gen features that rely on the kinect. So what if you don't use it for voice commands or in games, it still automatically signs you and your friends in, controls your TV, A/V Receiver, and DVR all in unison, and gives you the feature of turning those devices on/off as you power your X1 on/off. Not to mention in multiplayer games it can sense when players swap the controller and adjust profiles accordingly (this still needs some ironing out, but the concept & premise is still there). & whether or not people want to believe it, the kinect does provide some processing power for the unit. The architecture was designed with both devices in mind and I can't see them willing to give up half of what makes their system different than the other guy's.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #129
rioninusc
Starter

Male

rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
Won't happen. There are way too many next-gen features that rely on the kinect. So what if you don't use it for voice commands or in games, it still automatically signs you and your friends in, controls your TV, A/V Receiver, and DVR all in unison, and gives you the feature of turning those devices on/off as you power your X1 on/off. Not to mention in multiplayer games it can sense when players swap the controller and adjust profiles accordingly (this still needs some ironing out, but the concept & premise is still there). & whether or not people want to believe it, the kinect does provide some processing power for the unit. The architecture was designed with both devices in mind and I can't see them willing to give up half of what makes their system different than the other guy's.
I think you have a point, but I feel Microsoft limited it self some when they didn't have that option. To have a console to compete directly at the priceline with the PS4 would of made people make a decision. Some people go for the cheaper system(like me). Heck if they could of released XB1(without the kinect) at a 379.99 price tag they would of sold more most likely. The kinect didn't break down doors for the 360, so you have those same people with the notion of meh the Kinect. I have friends who will not buy the XB1 because of the kinect coming with the system.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #130
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

nin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPitnin_usc_freak92 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I think you have a point, but I feel Microsoft limited it self some when they didn't have that option. To have a console to compete directly at the priceline with the PS4 would of made people make a decision. Some people go for the cheaper system(like me). Heck if they could of released XB1(without the kinect) at a 379.99 price tag they would of sold more most likely. The kinect didn't break down doors for the 360, so you have those same people with the notion of meh the Kinect. I have friends who will not buy the XB1 because of the kinect coming with the system.
The problem, in my opinion, was never the kinect itself. It was Microsoft's shoddy delivery on the unveiling of their new system. That one instance at E3 2013 put them so far behind Sony (who had the benefit of having their press conference after MS) and caused them to spend the rest of the pre-launch cycle digging their way out of that media hole and responding to critical feedback, when it would have been spent hyping up the console (& its many features that the PS4 doesn't have) if they didn't shit the bed in the first place. They didn't do a great job justifying to consumers why their system was worth an extra $100 at launch, whereas Sony played the "give us your $400, you know you're getting a great gaming system, period" card. Ultimately the market has spoken and I'm curious to see where the two will stand in a few years time.

I do think that MS losing tons of money and dropping the price on their new console this early shows that they're dedicated to staying afloat, but it also proves that they'd rather take a cut in profits and deliver the full experience in the end than cut out the kinect and give the system one less dimension. They see the install-base as a win since they can make lots of money back in the future from digital transactions and software sales.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you were implying this or not, but the kinect for Xbox 360 & kinect for Xbox One or two completely different accessories with different technical features and specifications. The kinect for 360 gave the name a bad rep, but the new one is way more practical & effective in use than the first one ever was for 360.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 PM   #131
rioninusc
Starter

Male

Quote:
The problem, in my opinion, was never the kinect itself. It was Microsoft's shoddy delivery on the unveiling of their new system. That one instance at E3 2013 put them so far behind Sony (who had the benefit of having their press conference after MS) and caused them to spend the rest of the pre-launch cycle digging their way out of that media hole and responding to critical feedback, when it would have been spent hyping up the console (& its many features that the PS4 doesn't have) if they didn't shit the bed in the first place. They didn't do a great job justifying to consumers why their system was worth an extra $100 at launch, whereas Sony played the "give us your $400, you know you're getting a great gaming system, period" card. Ultimately the market has spoken and I'm curious to see where the two will stand in a few years time.

I do think that MS losing tons of money and dropping the price on their new console this early shows that they're dedicated to staying afloat, but it also proves that they'd rather take a cut in profits and deliver the full experience in the end than cut out the kinect and give the system one less dimension. They see the install-base as a win since they can make lots of money back in the future from digital transactions and software sales.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you were implying this or not, but the kinect for Xbox 360 & kinect for Xbox One or two completely different accessories with different technical features and specifications. The kinect for 360 gave the name a bad rep, but the new one is way more practical & effective in use than the first one ever was for 360.
Yeah it's different, but shares the same name. Also some people see it as Microsoft forcing them to buy an add on even if Microsoft built the kinect to work well with the console. ( yeah I know sounds stupid )

Heck I think if Microsoft could of built the kinect features into the console it probably would of done better lol.

To the rest of your post, It will take a few years to get a guage on how each console has done, great gaming libraries/ cool features, usually trump the console cost. Remember the Wii was selling like hotcakes when it came out, their lack of great games hurt its future sales though.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #132
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

It was far more than a lack of great games that killed the wii, but that's what I was alluding to when I mentioned "in a few years"
Old 03-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #133
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

The kinect does some cool shit...I'm glad it's a part of the system.

As for the "bad publicity"...meh...none of the original announcements were all that bad, they were just different...heck, some of their initial plans were downright awesome. It was mostly the faggy little fanboys that were bitching. I wish they (MS) would have stuck to their guns to be perfectly honest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Old 03-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #134
rioninusc
Starter

Male

Quote:
It was far more than a lack of great games that killed the wii, but that's what I was alluding to when I mentioned "in a few years"
Yep, it will great to see where the systems are and i hope nintendo can get back into the race.probably going to take them releasing another console though.

Last edited by rioninusc; 03-25-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #135
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

Okay, Microsoft is nowhere close to nintendo's situation and comparing the two is laughable. There will most certainly be another xbox, MS has recently stated they're behind the brand 100%.

Nintendo thought that rehashing their first party games over and over would be enough to keep them with the top dogs and turned a blind eye to things like technical specifications and multiplayer, alienating most of the hardcore gaming market and relying solely on the same casual gaming market that has been making mobile games successful. Wii U was an absolute failure because the casual market wasn't interested in upgrading to something slightly better than what they already had, and the hardcore gamers didn't want to buy another gimmicky console just to play Mario & Zelda games. Not trying to argue with you, but MS >>>>>>>> Nintendo's situation. The day that MS considers selling the rights to use their first party characters like Master Chief in third party mobile games just to turn a profit, then you might be onto something.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #136
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

New Xbox One System Update Features Announced

Microsoft has revealed fresh features coming to Xbox One in the next planned system update for the console.

While we already knew aspects of what was coming in the patch, including highly-anticipated social improvements, Microsoft seems to be keen to cram as many new features as possible into the update.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...ures-announced

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #137
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Thinking about jumping on board with a Xbox One. For those that have what what are your opinions? Pro's, con's and games you play.
Thanks
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #138
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
Thinking about jumping on board with a Xbox One. For those that have what what are your opinions? Pro's, con's and games you play.
Thanks

it's a great system...lot of cool features and some really good exclusives right now (probably the best selection overall, until mlb the show drops next week).

- the UI is awesome. slick interface and user friendly. if you've seen the windows tab system, it's pretty much the same thing. pretty easy to navigate.

- you can customize your "home page" as well...pinning games/apps, moving them around in any order, etc.

- one of the coolest things UI-related is being able to seamlessly jump between screens without losing your game progress (it essentially gets paused). also, some games will run in the background, meaning even after shutting the console off overnight, it will insta-boot that game (madden, for instance). and most apps will allow you to run them WHILE running your game, without ever losing progress. see below...

- trying to find that easter egg in battlefield? fire the game up, go into the map you're looking for, snap back to the home screen and start youtube, watch the tutorial video, and snap right back into your game. really helpful. great feature.

- if you liked the 360 controller, you'll love the x1 controller...just a better version of the best controller out there (IMO).

- kinect has some cool features...being able to simply say "xbox, record that" to capture gameplay without ever having to take your hands off the buttons/gameplay is pretty nice. turning on the console with voice as soon as you walk in a room and being recognized and signed in automatically while the system is booting to the home screen is cool. also, navigating programs with voice commands works pretty well...for instance, if i'm just going to watch netflix, i don't even have to pick up the controller...you can turn on the x1, sign in, and navigate netflix with voice-only-controls.

- some really good exclusives out there: dead rising 3, forza 5, plants vs. zombies: garden warfare, titanfall, ryse, and killer instinct. there are also some xbox live arcade games and kinect games, if either of those are your thing.

- oh, and the headset is nice. crystal clear HD quality sound.

- the snap feature is nice, and will probably be fleshed out even more in future updates.

good luck.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #139
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Microsoft appears to announce a halt in production.

Quote:
“"We do expect to work through some inventory in Q4," said Hood, referring in this case to the period between April 1 - June 30, 2014. She also referred to "channel inventory drawdown for Xbox consoles," implying that manufacturing of Xbox consoles will slow or stop, to allow retailers time to work through existing inventory.“
Quote:
Simply put: At the rate of production and the slow pace of the sales, it means that Microsoft happened to produce more units than they could sell, and out-supplied the demand for the Xbox One, leaving 3 million units left in a warehouse somewhere – if the figure holds true that they manufactured 8 million units.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/xbo...own-63710.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...65397613,d.aWw

Old 04-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #140
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

read that the other day...some leaps made in the article, but if it does come to pass, it's not a good thing for gamers. i don't expect there to be any long, drawn out production delays...at least not before there is a price drop. still, you don't like to see this. competition is always a good thing...it means gamers win.