CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3151)
Juco QBs? (1146)
SDS grades the Furma (904)
we can STILL win the (889)
Auburn/USC point spr (753)
How do you want Aubu (653)
Whenever I Get Depre (650)
If the Head Ball Coa (504)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (323)
When did it change ? (240)
Cann tipping plays?
Juco QBs?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Auburn/USC point spread
Just started playing &quo
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
2016 - Issac Nauta
CBS: SOS to Florida?

Old 03-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #81
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2015 - Preston Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Is DGB that fast? Than yeah, that would be the best comparison. Williams actually seems a little bit better coming out of HS. He's a little faster, little better vertical, and better hands, better running with the ball. Maybe I'll call him a taller Sammy Watkins.
Watch DBGs highlights. He wasn't the #1 player in the country for nothing....he hasn't developed the way most projected, but in HS he was the total package. If we could.land him & develop him....dear Lord SOS may never retire!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #82
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
If he's any kind of smart he'll move to LT after Robinson leaves and show the scouts something new, because they'll probably remember he plays RT because he couldn't cut it at LT his Freshman year.
I thought the same thing last year.....but I've talked to a few guys on here that know and they say he does not possess everything needed to play LT.....they tried him there early in 2013 and was not very good so they had to move him back to RT.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #83
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Watch DBGs highlights. He wasn't the #1 player in the country for nothing....he hasn't developed the way most projected, but in HS he was the total package. If we could.land him & develop him....dear Lord SOS may never retire!
Williams is still a little bit faster. DGB just a little bit bigger.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #84
4gamecockfb
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Williams would be that receiver like alshon type talent that we haven't had since alshon. he would be that superstar receiver we have been needing
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #85
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/...ston-williams/

He ain't comin' here!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #86
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post

It is not over. I have read so many articles like this one & the ones proclaiming recruits x, y, & z to be "locks." No telling where he goes.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #87
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
It is not over. I have read so many articles like this one & the ones proclaiming recruits x, y, & z to be "locks." No telling where he goes.
The article is not why I am saying this. Listen to the video.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #88
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

yeah, sounds like we need to offer his girlfriend a scholarship to get him. Or hope they have a huge fight and don't want to be around each other anymore.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #89
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Or just find him a BETTER girlfriend...fake boobs, big butt and he'll forget about her. LOL
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #90
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Or just find him a BETTER girlfriend...fake boobs, big butt and he'll forget about her. LOL
The problem is, Tennessee already has the best, "provide better girlfriend" program in the country.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #91
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The problem is, Tennessee already has the best, "provide better girlfriend" program in the country.
nice.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #92
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Preston Williams - Tennessee

Interview via 247

Quote:
Williams finally had a chance to put his physical talents on display on a national stage, and the Vols commitment did not disappoint. Williams, who said he measured in at 6-5 200, has elite size for the position and comes off the ball extremely well for a bigger wideout. While his route running is still somewhat loose, Williams has an incredible catch radius that allows him to reel in balls off target. He split reps against five-star CB Kevin Toliver, muscling him at the line of scrimmage and using his big body to cut him off inside. Physically speaking, Williams has few, if any, equals in the 2015 wide receiver class.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Chuma-E...ta-NFTC-184440

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #93
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
“They say that I can complete it,” Williams said*Tennesseecoaches tell him. “We would be Wide Receiver U again.

“We’re rebuilding the program. We’re going to be back on top.

“Tennessee is home,” Williams said. “Tennessee, that’s just my house, basically. They were one of my first offers before everybody else came. They stuck with me, and I’ve stuck with them.

“I mean if I can sign now I would.”

“I can see myself being a Bulldog.”

“I like Auburn a lot. I can see myself there, but I can’t,” Williams said.

“The way they throw the ball, I see that. But, I just can’t see myself being a War Eagle.”

“They say I’m a high risk or something like that. They say I ask for too much. I mean I just can’t help the fact that I want to go to school with my girl. I mean she can fly and she’s smart. She can do it on her own. She didn’t have a scholarship to Tennessee. She applied and got accepted.”
-scout

I think this kid might have bi-polar disorder. LOL
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #94
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 23637
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
-scout

So the program is still working?!?!?
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #95
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
-scout

That entire interview made no sense. He contradicted about everything he said.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #96
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
They say I ask for too much.
Asking too much for Auburn?

Dear God.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #97
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
That entire interview made no sense. He contradicted about everything he said.
Sounds like the perfect student for UT.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #98
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post

Dear God.
No kidding! butch must really have them boosters working if they are outbidding allbarn!
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #99
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Dear God.
Seriously, that was alarming.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #100
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:

Dear God.
We all know UT is willing to shell it out to recruits, just ask arian foster.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote