CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
FanofCarolina1
b381l
TheUniversityofSC
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
Could Pharoh Run the (1365)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1225)
Huge recruiting week (1136)
TV?? (1036)
Big George Statue (880)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (737)
Fly_over tomorrow? (657)
No Shave November (550)
Awful Shooting Conti (548)
Scholarship Lounge B (518)
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Huge recruiting weekend
Na'ty Rogers
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
River Bluff High School.
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
2014 Charleston Classic *
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Big George Statue
Scholarship Lounge Buffet

Old 03-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #21
Clemsux182
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
Clemsux182 has feathers coming inClemsux182 has feathers coming inClemsux182 has feathers coming in
Default Re: Clemosn fans rush the court...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
Let's not forget we had fans rush the court this year with a regular season win over a Kentucky team that was ranked #17. Not exactly a reason to rush the floor either.
Clemson rushed the court after beating #17 Duke this year too.
Clemsux182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #22
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #23
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Let's not forget we had fans rush the court this year with a regular season win over a Kentucky team that was ranked #17. Not exactly a reason to rush the floor either.
Who's playing Louisville in the Sweet 16. Where's Duke? Watching from home.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #24
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Don't underestimate Belmont, they have one heck of a good Christmas concert.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #25
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
Who's playing Louisville in the Sweet 16. Where's Duke? Watching from home.
Not disagreeing with that. Just saying I think we don't have all that much room to talk as Kentucky wasn't playing that good when we beat them. I don't consider beating a top 20 team at home reason to rush the court. So i think both schools look ridiculous for doint it. Granted they do it more than we do.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #26
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

We were last in our conference and Clemson was in the upper third of the ACC. A last place teams victory over Uk>a fifth place teams victory over Duke
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #27
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:

It is when we've had three horrible seasons.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #28
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Not disagreeing with that. Just saying I think we don't have all that much room to talk as Kentucky wasn't playing that good when we beat them. I don't consider beating a top 20 team at home reason to rush the court. So i think both schools look ridiculous for doint it. Granted they do it more than we do.
Yeah, and they had a "national championship team" that won the Chik Fil A bowl. Bunch o ametuers and they show it constantly in all of their programs.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
They are on their way to MSG, something our men's team would kill to be doing right now.

Let them have their fun.
Sometime's I wonder if you actually pull for Carolina.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #30
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Sometime's I wonder if you actually pull for Carolina.

While her post there was peculiar, this post here is just downright silly.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #31
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Don't underestimate Belmont, they have one heck of a good Christmas concert.
And one hell of a horse race!! oh wait...
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #32
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm guessing you haven't followed Gamecock Basketball the past three/four
seasons ?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #33
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Clemosn sux!!!
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #34
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I'm guessing you haven't followed Gamecock Basketball the past three/four
seasons ?
I have, I understand it was our biggest win this year. Would you rush the field if we were to beat LSU or Auburn at home in football, two teams we have never beaten at home in SEC play? I don't know, it just seems silly to me to do something like that for a regular season game. It's not like we won a championship. The regular season in college basketball is pretty meaningless. It's a nice win and positive sign for the program, but nothing to rush the court about and run around screaming like you won the NCAA tournament.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #35
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
That win over Kentucky was the biggest win for this basketball program in several years.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
I have, I understand it was our biggest win this year. Would you rush the field if we were to beat LSU or Auburn at home in football, two teams we have never beaten at home in SEC play? I don't know, it just seems silly to me to do something like that for a regular season game. It's not like we won a championship. The regular season in college basketball is pretty meaningless. It's a nice win and positive sign for the program, but nothing to rush the court about and run around screaming like you won the NCAA tournament.
Another one of "those guys" apparently. The players were excited, the students were excited for beating a top 25 team, and one of college basketball's perennial powers. That game right there to a guy like Brenton Williams probably was the most meaningful win in his 4 years at South Carolina.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #37
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Another one of "those guys" apparently. The players were excited, the students were excited for beating a top 25 team, and one of college basketball's perennial powers. That game right there to a guy like Brenton Williams probably was the most meaningful win in his 4 years at South Carolina.
Not being one of "those guys" just objectively pointing out that laughing at Clemson and saying they should "act like they've been there before" is pretty hypocritical when our win over Kentucky in the regular season was no bigger than their win over Belmont in the NIT considering the circumstances. Both programs have been pretty bad lately and going to the NIT final 4 is just as big (I would argue bigger) of an accomplishment for them as beating #17 Kentucky during the regualr season was for us.

What's to motivate a Kentucky team to "get up" for a road game at lowly SC during the regular season? It's a meaningless game. If we were to play them during a game that mattered (during the SEC tournament or NCAA's) I would be willing to bet we wouldn't have won.

Again, I'm glad we beat Kentucky and I do think it's a good sign for the program that we do have some talent to compete, but laughing and making fun of Clemson for rushing the cout and then trying to justify our fans for doing it vs Kentucky is ridiculous. They are very similar circumstances
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #38
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
You can rationalize it however you want from either a SC or Clemson point of view. I'm of the opinion that no SC fans should really talk any smack regarding any other basketball programs right now considering the state of our own. Just not a good look.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #39
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

Also, winning at home is pretty much a given or expected in college basketball. Overall home teams have won 69% of all games played since about 1950. Home matters more in college basketball than any other sport (statistically)

I think you either take the stance that both teams rushing the court is warranted or both are ridiculous, I don't care either way. Just think you can't say one is ok and then call out the other as they are pretty much the same
Old 03-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #40
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not being one of "those guys" just objectively pointing out that laughing at Clemson and saying they should "act like they've been there before" is pretty hypocritical when our win over Kentucky in the regular season was no bigger than their win over Belmont in the NIT considering the circumstances. Both programs have been pretty bad lately and going to the NIT final 4 is just as big (I would argue bigger) of an accomplishment for them as beating #17 Kentucky during the regualr season was for us.

What's to motivate a Kentucky team to "get up" for a road game at lowly SC during the regular season? It's a meaningless game. If we were to play them during a game that mattered (during the SEC tournament or NCAA's) I would be willing to bet we wouldn't have won.

Again, I'm glad we beat Kentucky and I do think it's a good sign for the program that we do have some talent to compete, but laughing and making fun of Clemson for rushing the cout and then trying to justify our fans for doing it vs Kentucky is ridiculous. They are very similar circumstances
Quote:
I think you either take the stance that both teams rushing the court is warranted or both are ridiculous, I don't care either way. Just think you can't say one is ok and then call out the other as they are pretty much the same
I don't think rushing the court against Kentucky is justified. They were ranked #17. Now beating them when they were #1? Sure, rush the court!

With that said, let's make the comparison. We beat Kentucky - one of the all time winningest basketball programs and a team in the Sweet 16. Clem5on beat Belmont. Not exactly the same thing is it?

With that said, I will give Clem5on fans the benefit of the doubt and say they were excited about going to the NIT Final Four at MSG. However, these are the same fans that made fun of us for winning back to back NIT titles. When we did it, it was a joke. Now they just reached the Final Four of the NIT by beating a team the likes of Belmont to do it and they go nuts?

The hypocrisy of Clem5on fans about the NIT and the absurdity of rushing the court because they beat a team like Belmont. That's worth laughing at and making fun of them - regardless of what you think about us rushing the court against Kentucky.