CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
7 on 7 flag football bloc

Old 03-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #21
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: No Fun League Strike Again... Goal Post Dunking Illegal

I'd rather see coaches stop some of the showboat celebrations on the field after a good play or hit. They look like elementary school kids, and too many younger kids try to emulate their antics. Sportsmanship has certainly been steamrolled by self-congratulation. The hard part is where to draw the line. Taunting is in the eye of the beholder. Dancing and dunking after a TD doesn't bother me. Fine 'em 20K if they damage the field or goalpost. I also like the team congrats stuff like jumping to chest-bump and linemen getting in on the act as long as it only takes a second or two. When it involves disrespecting opposing players or fans, I like the penalties.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #22
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

No one here can honestly say the Smitty, TO, and Johnson celebrations were not entertaining. But if people think TD celebrations are disrespectful just another example of the pussification of this country.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #23
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
No one here can honestly say the Smitty, TO, and Johnson celebrations were not entertaining. But if people think TD celebrations are disrespectful just another example of the pussification of this country.
Honestly, I can. They were stupid, immature, look at me, if I act crazy enough some idiot from Madison Avenue might think up an idea to put me in a commercial where I can make more money moment.

I grew up in a time where if he had tried that, they would have their clock cleaned.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #24
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Glad to see the NFL finally taking a hard stance on goal post safety.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #25
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I can take it or leaving. It's fun to watch once. But then eveyone else just copycats and tries to one up the other.

I don't think it's a big deal if it continues, but I would rather watch football. The rule doesn't bother me.

It's got nothing to do with pussification.