CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
Copperhead
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
Winston (4455)
ESPN reporter adding (2353)
SOS: No QB controve (1884)
Waldrop injured (1703)
Just read this. (1021)
In light of our matc (953)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (914)
How we won the UGA g (832)
Christian Walker cal (557)
If we keep winning a (513)
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
Christian Walker called u
Winston
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
ESPN reporter adding to t
If this doesn't give you
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
In light of our matchup w

Old 03-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #721
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***2014 Carolina Panthers offseason/draft/season thread***

Team to use 5th year option on Cam.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...thers-nfl.html

I thought this might happen although there was an opinion out there that the team may get a better price on Cam if the negotiated a long term deal now instead of waiting. I guess we just cannot find the cap room.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #722
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Saw this on the Huddle and thought it would be worthwhile

Quote:
2015: These players if cut in the 2015 league year will currently net us huge sums of cap space and take their future cap numbers off the books. These are those contracts.

Charles Johnson saves the Panthers $8,580,000 in cap space in 2015 if released, he will also save them $12,420,000 in 2016.

Thomas Davis saves the Panthers $4,500,000 in 2015 if released. He has the 2016, '17, and '18 years voided on his contract.

Greg Olsen saves the Panthers $4,300,000 in 2015 if released. He has the 2016 and 2017 years voided on his contract.

DeAngelo Williams saves the Panthers $733,333 in 2015 if released. His following two season's are voided. He would likely be released after 2015 regardless.

We would save $18,113,333 in 2015 by cutting all these players. Which then could be used to sign them to even more team friendly deals. I doubt Olsen gets cut however. His production matches his pay.

2016: Only two players would currently be in danger of being cut for financial reasons in 2016.

Ryan Kalil saves the Panthers $4,392,000 in 2016 if released. His following two seasons are already voided.

Jonathan Stewart saves the Panthers $2,250,000 in 2016 if released, he would likely be a June 1st cut. He will also save the Panthers $8,250,000 in 2017 if cut, obviously if he is designated as a June 1st cut, that number would shrink.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #723
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Saw this on the Huddle and thought it would be worthwhile
As much as I like Thomas Davis and Charles Johnson I would be fine with them being cut after this season. Davis will be 32 and has had multiple severe knee injuries. Johnson is in his prime but he's replaceable for $8.5M especially to avoid that $12.5M cap hit in 2016. Deangelo should be cut no matter what I know he will only free up $700k but he's done. Time to move on. I agree on Olson he's worth the $
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #724
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material
Default ***2014 Carolina Panthers offseason/draft/season thread***

Johnson will be cut/traded when his bonus money allows us.....that contract is so bad, not saying Johnson is a bum, just overpaid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #725
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
As much as I like Thomas Davis and Charles Johnson I would be fine with them being cut after this season. Davis will be 32 and has had multiple severe knee injuries. Johnson is in his prime but he's replaceable for $8.5M especially to avoid that $12.5M cap hit in 2016. Deangelo should be cut no matter what I know he will only free up $700k but he's done. Time to move on. I agree on Olson he's worth the $
This
Old 03-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #726
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 470000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
Johnson will be cut/traded when his bonus money allows us.....that contract is so bad, not saying Johnson is a bum, just overpaid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another problem with Johnson's contract is it's going to have a direct affect on how much we have to (over)pay Hardy. Who by the way has the same agent as Johnson.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #727
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Another problem with Johnson's contract is it's going to have a direct affect on how much we have to (over)pay Hardy. Who by the way has the same agent as Johnson.
This just leads me to believe that we will not be able to come to a long term agreement with Hardy. He's going to be looking for similar $ that Johnson got under the Marty Hurney giving out stupid contracts days. Getleman is not going to pay Hardy like that. I'm betting after this year of franchise pay Hardy tests free agency
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #728
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

With the talk of cutting CJ and with the pro-day evaluations, here's my updated mock:

Round 1 - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St

Round 2 - Billy Tuner, OT, North Dakota St

Round 3 - Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

Round 4 - Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Round 5 - Michael Sam, DE, Missouri

Round 6 - Ross Cockrell, CB, Duke

Round 7 - Howard Jones, OLB, Shepherd
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #729
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
we actually agree on that.....Hardy should have Johnsons contract, minus a few mil on the back end, no DE should count 16 mil against the cap
Old 03-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #730
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Philadelphia released Jackson

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #731
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
I just saw that a little bit ago. I honestly thought they were going to hang on to him or trade him.. but just release him? Very odd what is going on..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #732
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
we actually agree on that.....Hardy should have Johnsons contract, minus a few mil on the back end, no DE should count 16 mil against the cap
I think it's okay we agree...just don't make it a habit
Old 03-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #733
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
I thought when they couldn't trade him, they would keep him. But sounds like his supposed gang activity sealed the deal.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #734
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

so is there any way the numbers could work out for us to even be in the picture to sign him? i cant really see it happening but we can hope
Old 03-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #735
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
so is there any way the numbers could work out for us to even be in the picture to sign him? i cant really see it happening but we can hope
I don't want Carolina to sign him if he is involved in gang related activities... no thanks.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #736
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I just saw that a little bit ago. I honestly thought they were going to hang on to him or trade him.. but just release him? Very odd what is going on..

Off the field gang association has causedthe team to cut him.

Don't think the Pathers would have any interest in someone with those types of character issues.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #737
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I don't want Carolina to sign him if he is involved in gang related activities... no thanks.
I don't know what to believe but he is denying those reports but who wouldn't .. He is a damn good receiver though he and cam would work well together

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #738
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

desean jackson is an idiot, but im not buying this deep gang affiliation. if i was a team this report from the eagles wouldnt concern me, what would concern me is him being a knucklehead who will quit if hes not happy. not a panthers fan, but if they can afford him they should go after him.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #739
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
desean jackson is an idiot, but im not buying this deep gang affiliation. if i was a team this report from the eagles wouldnt concern me, what would concern me is him being a knucklehead who will quit if hes not happy. not a panthers fan, but if they can afford him they should go after him.
the eagles didn't report he was gang member. NJ.com said he was gang banger. the eagles said he was released for a number of reasons mainly work ethic and his effect on the locker room
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #740
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
the eagles didn't report he was gang member. NJ.com said he was gang banger. the eagles said he was released for a number of reasons mainly work ethic and his effect on the locker room

Chip Kelly wanted him gone for the sake of the team.