CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Mt. Lattimore
jrussjr
RGHoskins
ConwayGamecock
BeatBamaTwice
davisd9
sporkgod50
JerseyBird
Musburger/Palmer to (1450)
Shaq R. (1306)
Dustin Johnson takin (1282)
1st practice tonight (1234)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1002)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (724)
We don't have a prac (432)
weather in columbia (431)
Overrated and Underr (364)
Donell Stanley injur (328)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Backup QB competition
Re-Airing South Carolina
Could we see 3 QBs on the
1st practice tonight
We don't have a practice
Official SEC Network and
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron James Going to Cav

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #21
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney feel's it is a "spit in the face" to question his effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
I will give the Gamecocks a chance for a couple of years after Steve retires. If they make a bad hire and start sucking, I will choose a team that I like better. Maybe Ole Miss or Arkansas
sounds like the definition of a bandwagon fan to me. you're too much.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #22
gamecockfantd4
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockfantd4 has hatched from the shell

I have always have been a Clowney backer and all the guys that say that he holds out on plays I would like to see those people take the double and triple teams and see if they could do any better. He is a gamecock and we should be proud that he gave what he did for 3 years for the university. These people that bad mouth our fellow gamecocks then you are not and never will be a true fan. We do not need any fair weather fans. The football program is the best it has ever been so lets back this program and give these boys all the encouragement that we can.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #23
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

To tell you the truth, I'm tired of hearing about Clowney ! Dudes gone, focus on the pros and time will tell everything. He's a South Carolinian, and he's a Gamecock. I'll always give him respect for those things. After that, I'm not interested. All these pics and stories about him now are just noise I gotta filter out. STOP IT ALREADY !
Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #24
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You seem to like to jump from topic to topic without resolving anything. I guess you give up on your first unsupported statement that I am a bandwagon fan. Regarding your new question, I will give the Gamecocks a chance for a couple of years after Steve retires. If they make a bad hire and start sucking, I will choose a team that I like better. Maybe Ole Miss or Arkansas if they get rid of Biellema. I would ask you a question... but I don't care.
Changing teams when the team you're currently a fan of isn't good anymore is pretty much the definition of a bandwagon fan. That's ok though. Keep buying multiple jerseys every season and other USC licensed merchandise and I have no complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfantd4 View Post
I have always have been a Clowney backer and all the guys that say that he holds out on plays I would like to see those people take the double and triple teams and see if they could do any better. He is a gamecock and we should be proud that he gave what he did for 3 years for the university. These people that bad mouth our fellow gamecocks then you are not and never will be a true fan. We do not need any fair weather fans. The football program is the best it has ever been so lets back this program and give these boys all the encouragement that we can.
If you disagree with something in your family does and criticize them (or "bad mouthing" as you call it) are you no longer a part of your family? Being a fan isn't about never expressing negative opinions, it's about remaining loyal and supportive of the institution and affiliated parties regardless of things that go on that you may disagree with.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #25
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
C'mon....he took plays off. That said....I don't think it is especially bad. I think alot of players do it.
every player in the NFL does.....no one can go 100% on every play, its physically impossible
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
The media hyped up Clowney with "The Hit" and now criticizing him for his effort. Welcome to the Big League Clowney, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the NFL this is only a taste of what he is going to get. Even the HBC said Clowney's work ethic was mediocre. He came into the season out of shape, he is the only who takes whole series off, he is the one who called out the defense and then laid out for the Kentucky game, he is the one who bought into his own hype, this is on Clowney and he needs to grow up and start taking responsibility like a man.
wow.....lol, is he your new Tebow?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #27
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
To tell you the truth, I'm tired of hearing about Clowney ! Dudes gone, focus on the pros and time will tell everything. He's a South Carolinian, and he's a Gamecock. I'll always give him respect for those things. After that, I'm not interested. All these pics and stories about him now are just noise I gotta filter out. STOP IT ALREADY !
then why did you click on this thread? it clearly has Clowney as the first word, you could have avoided all of that
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #28
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
sounds like the definition of a bandwagon fan to me. you're too much.

Sounds like a troll too.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #29
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Sounds like a troll too.
yep
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #30
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
You seem to like to jump from topic to topic without resolving anything. I guess you give up on your first unsupported statement that I am a bandwagon fan. Regarding your new question, I will give the Gamecocks a chance for a couple of years after Steve retires. If they make a bad hire and start sucking, I will choose a team that I like better. Maybe Ole Miss or Arkansas if they get rid of Biellema. I would ask you a question... but I don't care.
Don't go away mad. Just go away.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #31
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
then why did you click on this thread? it clearly has Clowney as the first word, you could have avoided all of that
I was making a point my man !
Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #32
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I wasn't avoiding my original subject, I asked you a question that I knew the answer you gave would reinforce that you are a bandwagon fan. You should just stop, cause not only are you a bandwagon fan, you are also 100% unaware of your own status amongst fans. You're the guy somewhere between the guys that wear jerseys outside of games to prove their support and the guys who still wear beer helmets. Lol. Get outta here, shouldn't you be cheering for FSU now?

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #33
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfantd4 View Post
Stating facts isn't bad mouthing it's telling the truth. If someone called him a no good fat ass lazy POS that is bad mouthing. Take your holier than thou attitude else where. This I'm a better fan than you bullcrap needs to go away, there are those of us who see things in reality and then there are those only see through Garnet colored glasses and that are not objective at all.

Clowney came into the season out of shape. FACT
Clowney called out the defense and then laid out the next week. FACT
HBC said Clowney's work ethic is mediocre. FACT
Clowney had excuses for the first 5 games of the season. FACT
Old 03-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #34
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Stating facts isn't bad mouthing it's telling the truth. If someone called him a no good fat ass lazy POS that is bad mouthing. Take your holier than thou attitude else where. This I'm a better fan than you bullcrap needs to go away, there are those of us who see things in reality and then there are those only see through Garnet colored glasses and that are not objective at all.

Clowney came into the season out of shape. FACT

Clowney called out the defense and then laid out the next week. FACT

Clowney had excuses for the first 5 games of the season. FACT

Clowney came into the season out of shape?

LOLwut?

Thy is your OPINION.
A strange one, at that, given people on this board have seen your picture.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #35
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He saves it for big plays. He is not an every down DE. Neither are most. He is still one of the best DE ever to come out of college.
Indeed, no one can chase the quarterback every down, a DE's job isn't to go full go every down, it's to contain most downs and go full go when the oppurtunity to make a play is there, if that wasn't the case no pass rusher would be on the field for more than half of the game.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #36
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Clowney came into the season out of shape?

LOLwut?

Thy is your OPINION.
A strange one, at that, given people on this board have seen your picture.
Out of shape as in his football conditioning wasn't good. After about 8 plays on a drive in the first 3 games at least he would be huffing and puffing pretty good. But a lot of guys on the D-line were like that. I think that had something to do with the new D-line coach.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #37
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Indeed, no one can chase the quarterback every down, a DE's job isn't to go full go every down, it's to contain most downs and go full go when the oppurtunity to make a play is there, if that wasn't the case no pass rusher would be on the field for more than half of the game.
In Deke's system he wants the linemen to attack on every play. That probly had something to do with the line's conditioning early on in the season.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #38
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Clowney tried to go all out every play with no help on the other side. Let's face it, Chad wasn't Devin or Melvin.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #39
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervousBlueHerons is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
And I bought his jersey before the season started, but was ashamed to wear it halfway through the season. Got me a Shaw jersey to replace it with that I'm proud of though.
I'll tell you why this post is offensive and moronic.

A lot of the posters on this forum, me included, have been gamecocks for a long, long time. We still filled the stands when we were 0-21. Yes, we still sold out games.

We are very proud of our loyalty to the gamecocks so when someone comes in who has been a bandwagon fan, and is disrespectful to a player we feel lucky to have gotten, it is repulsive and disrespectful to our players, coaches, and university.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #40
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Technically, the HBC said that Clowney's work ethic is pretty good, but not like Marcus Lattimore (who's work ethic is stratospheric...)

Quote:
"It wasn't like Marcus Lattimore, you know, every player is a little different. His work habits are pretty good, they're not quite like Lattimore, a Stephon Gilmore, Melvin Ingram, some of those guys, but when the ball is snapped he's got something no one else has." Steve Spurrier

Closed Thread