CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
cockybreeyan
Gaichon
ChickenButt
Freshman ND WR " (663)
Call of Duty: Advanc (490)
Good Riddance to bad (385)
Keeping tailgate foo (282)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (242)
An A to Z of Noah We (166)
The Comeback & T (83)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (66)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (66)
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA (65)
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Bashing Players, coaches,
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The
Why I think we beat Aubur

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #41
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney feel's it is a "spit in the face" to question his effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
sounds like the definition of a bandwagon fan to me. you're too much.
HAHAHAHAAAHHAAAAA! Obviously sarcasm is maybe lost on you.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #42
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

I think there was no way he could have lived up to expectations this year. The hype was so great that anything less than amazing performances every down would have been disappointing. However, I don't think there's any way that someone could have watched every game this season and still believe that Clowney gave us his all. I know he was double teamed, tripled teamed, etc., but consistent effort just wasn't there. I do wish him the best in the NFL. He did tremendous things for our program. I'm just being honest here, folks.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #43
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
You don't have to blindly agree with everything your team does in order to be a fan. People are allowed to have contradicting OPINIONS, guys. You may be surprised to know that unbiased non-Gamecocks fans may agree that Clowney didn't give it 100% last year.
The other unsurprising fact is just about all the Clemson fans say this, and after watching every game and seeing Clowney play throughout the season, and listening to the coaches, it was very evident Clowney gave great effort anjd the Clemson fans are just trying to spit in Cloowney's face because he dominated them in every fashion imaginable. Since you believe this drivel, I can only conclude you are either a Clemson fan, a casual fan who really doesn't do anything but listen to bogus media claims, or one of those weak minded whiny type fans.

Shaq Attack
Old 03-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #44
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
I think there was no way he could have lived up to expectations this year. The hype was so great that anything less than amazing performances every down would have been disappointing. However, I don't think there's any way that someone could have watched every game this season and still believe that Clowney gave us his all. I know he was double teamed, tripled teamed, etc., but consistent effort just wasn't there. I do wish him the best in the NFL. He did tremendous things for our program. I'm just being honest here, folks.
You're right that there was no way he could have lived up to the hype created before the season started. I think there are two things that have people questioning things.

1) The injuries that seemed to pop up which continued to the combine
2) Spurrier's comments during and flowing the season

Whether he likes it or not he and everyone else has to acknowledge and accept there are reasons for the questions.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #45
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Clowney feel's it is a "spit in the face" to question his effort

What does "take plays off" even mean? Are people suggesting he would be on the field but not give any effort on some plays?

Or does it mean that he would swap out with another player and go to the sideline during some plays? Because you know that's not that uncommon, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #46
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Chaz Sutton playing like ass the entire year really hurt Clowney's production. For the life of me I don't understand why Gerald Dixon was 2nd string.

With that being said, Devin Taylor made Clowney's life easier the year before.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 03-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #47
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
What does "take plays off" even mean? Are people suggesting he would be on the field but not give any effort on some plays?

Or does it mean that he would swap out with another player and go to the sideline during some plays? Because you know that's not that uncommon, right?

It's the first option. subbing out is quite common, both by request and for normal substitution reasons.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #48
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
It's the first option. subbing out is quite common, both by request and for normal substitution reasons.
Yes but a lot of people who had never really paid attention to a specific defensive player throughout a game before Clowney would say "Where is Clowney? He's not on the field! He's on the sideline not playing! He's out of shape and doesn't care about football!"

Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #49
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

There's a difference between taking plays off and completely not trying. He was trying and he was the most game planned against defensive player in college football, meaning his effort would have had to be of superhuman proportions to get past the double and triple teams AND run down plays that were specifially designed to avoid and run away from him.

Oh, and guess who lead the SEC in sacks? That's not a coincidence.

In the NFL, no way he can be schemed against that way. Every NFL team has some talent on the D-line and O-lines cannot focus too heavily on one D-lineman. Clowney next to JJ Watt would be scary.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #50
CockyInTexas
Deadpool

Male

CockyCash: 250
CockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot material

People like you, who think winning is the most important thing in life, and are better than people who don't "win all the time", are what is wrong with the world today.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #51
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
You know what's moronic - continuing to support a team that sucks. I watch sports to have a good time. I do not consider continually losing to be a good time. You, and people like you, are suckers. You will never understand my viewpoint because you, and people like you, are below my level of intelligence.
lol well you are definitely at an elite (or special?) level of human intelligence because you are in a small group of people who "pull for whoever is winning."

Old 03-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #52
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:
You know what's moronic - continuing to support a team that sucks. I watch sports to have a good time. I do not consider continually losing to be a good time. You, and people like you, are suckers. You will never understand my viewpoint because you, and people like you, are below my level of intelligence.
You, sir, are not a fan. A true fan supports their team no matter what. If you haven't stuck with them through the bad times and the gut-wrenching losses on the final plays of the game, then you don't deserve to celebrate our successes. Since it's so easy for you to "pick another team" to support, why don't you go ahead and do that? I promise you we won't miss you.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #53
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Didn't he take a full game off during the season?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #54
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

The media is just butt hurt that he did not have their predicted statistics last season.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #55
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
I don't think there's any way that someone could have watched every game this season and still believe that Clowney gave us his all. consistent effort just wasn't there.
if anything i think he gave more consistent effort than the year before. i gotta coment on this excuse thing that others like to bring up to bash clowney. did we have other starters make so called "excuses" in reference to being sick or injured in multiple games last year? absolutely, its football. further than that, he had nothing to excuse in the georgia, vandy, ucf, games that people are lumping in to make it seem like he wasnt giving effort so he was making excuses for it.

now the kentucky game that he missed wasnt handled well. maybe im being naive, but i dont understand why some are so distrusting of him. he sat out all week of practice and when he tried to give it a go pregame it bothered him too much. then he sat out a couple days or so the following week.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #56
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Will everyone stop taking a dump on "Lawyer Larry" ???

Just because you don't agree with his reasoning behind a jersey purchase or his choice of teams, doesn't mean he needs to get targeted.

Does it make sense he hopped from Florida to USC - not really.

Does it make sense that an Auburn fan posts on this board regularly - not really.

Does any of it really matter? - not really.

He like everyone has a right to say his opinion and doesn't deserve to be bullied.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #57
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post

Just because you don't agree with his reasoning behind a jersey purchase or his choice of teams, doesn't mean he needs to get targeted.

Does it make sense that an Auburn fan posts on this board regularly - not really.

He like everyone has a right to say his opinion and doesn't deserve to be bullied.

if he is allowed to have an opinion, then arent others allowed to have, and express, an opinion about him?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #58
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post

When did disagreeing with someone on a message board becoming bullying? People who are disagreeing with him have the same right to their opinion. No one cares that he jumped on the Gamecock bandwagon because we are having the best years of our program, but I'm offended that he called fans who supported the Gamecocks during the dry years suckers and morons. Many on this board have been Gamecock fans since birth and have degrees from our proud University. You can't expect for a poster to make an insulting comment like he did and for others to be supportive. Most of us are Gamecocks for life, and we don't buy a different color jersey when the team has a rough patch.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #59
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

This is a message board.
Just as much as he's allowed to have his opinion we are allowed to have ours.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #60
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
HAHAHAHAAAHHAAAAA! Obviously sarcasm is maybe lost on you.
based on his other responses (both before and after my post), I find it highly unlikely that he was being sarcastic. Maybe you missed this one, "
You know what's moronic - continuing to support a team that sucks. I watch sports to have a good time. I do not consider continually losing to be a good time. You, and people like you, are suckers. You will never understand my viewpoint because you, and people like you, are below my level of intelligence."

-larry the barely passed the bar-yer