CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
gamecockgal
uscjeremynca
TAFC 5 1981
Rebel4ever
PSU drops a prospect (1922)
Mizzou WR suspended (960)
John Abraham DUI (706)
Re-Airing South Caro (655)
Best Offensive " (641)
Rokevious Watkins cu (555)
Clemson, Auburn home (442)
Blake McClain (393)
Fall Camp. (344)
What ever happened t (324)
Green and Lammons
Blake McClain
What ever happened to Phi
An Aggies View of the Mat
College Football Playoff:
PSU drops a prospect beca
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudlyDarth Visor is crowing loudly
Default Passing Gamecock

CockyTalk Nation,

Not a frequent poster but visit the site very often. Just wanted to spread some news that my grandfather passed away yesterday at the age of 78. He went to college at Clemson and cheered for the Tigers until they fired Danny Ford and decided he wasn't going to give his allegiance to a team that would do that to their national title winning coach.

Anyways, he began cheering for Carolina in 1990 and went through many of the tough seasons you all experienced. He got me HOOKED on Carolina football when I was 12 years old, which would be back in 2002. My first game I really ever remember was the 2003 Vandy game which I attended. From 2004-2008 before I left for college I probably watched every game with him in his garage except a handful. He would always entertain me with his in game nuances he had: Crossing his fingers for good luck, saying "kangaroo kangaroo" on kickoffs and punts to ensure our ball carrier held on, and calling a fumble a "Salipaticus" play, a.k.a. the shittiest play in football. We attended Spurrier's first game at South Carolina in 2005 and watched our Gamecocks get the victory over UCF. He was a true fan and would always get teary eyed when his Gamecocks found victory.

My grandfather was like my best friend and my mentor. We could sit and talk about South Carolina football for hours among hours, just in anticipation of kickoff. I'm 23 now and my first season ever having season tickets was last year. I am getting them again this year and it will be a special year for me knowing he is looking down on Williams Brice and cheering on his Gamecocks.

"C'mon Cocks Fight Damnit Fight!" -Papa