CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
B-G
Gamecocks1137
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2124)
Have you ever been s (1348)
Tennessee Offense Br (842)
Key for 2015 defense (832)
Women's Team Ranked (545)
Skai Moore out for U (542)
This season and recr (457)
Lebron makes Clevela (366)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (254)
For all the uniform (211)
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Chances we win out now?
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #161
CockyCody
Blue Chip
 
CockyCody's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Augusta
Posts: 534
CockyCash: 350
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Anything bad you can say about the NCAA can also apply to unions and vice versa.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #162
3MTA3
Game MVP
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,507
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
Anything bad you can say about the NCAA can also apply to unions and vice versa.

And?

Not all unions are created equal.

So you can't lump this Northwestern players union with auto manufacturer unions.

But you can lump the NCAA in with the NCAA. Hah.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #163
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC
 
GamecockInHell's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hephzibah, Ga
Posts: 3,490
CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

So, if they are going to be statused as employees, are they going to be rated and paid accordingly? Is the superstar QB gonig to get a lot more scholarship money and better food than the reserve defensive lineman? Right now they all get equal educational opportunities (at least within the sport), but if they become employees that will have to change.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #164
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned
 
Spurrier_Superior_One's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cola, The Other Gamecock City
Posts: 22,968
CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
If you don't recognize how hypocritical the NCAA then you are hopeless.
Do I think the NCAA has it's problems yes, do I think the NCAA doesn't do enough yes, do I think the NCAA needs to be blown up absolutely not. If you cannot understand that importance of amateur athletics then you are lost.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #165
wthforever
Recruit
 
wthforever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 199
CockyCash: 500
wthforever is learning to peck
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Are you suggesting the Northwestern players were / are pawns being put up to do this by unions? Which unions, specifically, are behind this!?
I dont know if they are pawns, sure many think it is a good thing, but there are many "willing associates" in the world of unions that are more than happy to get them all unionized. Saw they were being represented by the College Athletes Players Assoc, whoever that is, but the bigger picture is the NLRB that made the ruling. If you are not familiar with the recent actions of the NLRB and our current administration in DC, google it. So if you think I'm saying part of it is political, I am, unions have lost a lot of power over the 25 years and there is a major push to regain their political strength, anywhere they can. The NLRB is the arm of government that can help that get done and the Obama administration rules the NLRB. Way too deep for a Gamecock sports blog!
wthforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #166
taylorssc
Bowl MVP
 
taylorssc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Greenville
Posts: 2,268
CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Are you suggesting the Northwestern players were / are pawns being put up to do this by unions? Which unions, specifically, are behind this!?
The United Steelworkers Union have been pushing this from the start. It's an effort by them to replace lost dues caused by the decline in union memberships and recent rulings allowing employees to opt-out of union dues. It's an easy win for them with a currently union-friendly NLRB.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-are-employees

Quote:
"Outgoing Wildcats quarterback Kain Colter took a leading role in establishing the College Athletes Players Association, or CAPA, which would take the lead in organizing the players. The United Steelworkers union has been footing the legal bills."
They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

Last edited by taylorssc; 03-27-2014 at 09:32 PM.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #167
wthforever
Recruit
 
wthforever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 199
CockyCash: 500
wthforever is learning to peck
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I've seen the detroit thing 3 times now, and no one doesn't know anything about it. Ford doesn't have an issue and is unionized, GM ran itself into the ground with crappy quality products, and having too many car brands(they had to close up Pontiac, Saturn, and Hummer). The companies that made the parts for cars left Detroit to go overseas, not down south to union free zones, but overseas where people will work for penny on the dollar compared to the American workers. So Detroit became what it is because of greed plain and simple.
To say that the $80 an hour wages for union workers vs the $30 for non-union workers, as well as their incredible union benefits did not contribute to higher auto prices and contribute to the downfall of Detroit's auto industry doesn't make sense. Everybody has a right to there opinions on unions but they contributed to fought for the greed.
wthforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #168
3MTA3
Game MVP
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,507
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
The United Steelworkers Union have been pushing this from the start. It's an effort by them to replace lost dues caused by the decline in union memberships and recent rulings allowing employees to opt-out of union dues. It's an easy win for them with a currently union-friendly NLRB.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-are-employees



They aren't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

Interesting.

But would it be fair to say the QB wanted to do this on his own, that particular union just provided financial support?
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #169
3MTA3
Game MVP
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,507
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Do I think the NCAA has it's problems yes, do I think the NCAA doesn't do enough yes, do I think the NCAA needs to be blown up absolutely not. If you cannot understand that importance of amateur athletics then you are lost.

LOL
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #170
3MTA3
Game MVP
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,507
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
So, if they are going to be statused as employees, are they going to be rated and paid accordingly? Is the superstar QB gonig to get a lot more scholarship money and better food than the reserve defensive lineman? Right now they all get equal educational opportunities (at least within the sport), but if they become employees that will have to change.

Check the 11 issues being taken up by the Northwestern players. Only one deals with compensation, and it is only regarding allowing players to profit off their own likeness (sell autographs, sign endorsement deals, etc)

That should be allowed. Let the market determine how much each of the players is worth. No need to have the university doling out payrolls (aside from the under the table payrolls happening now)
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #171
taylorssc
Bowl MVP
 
taylorssc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Greenville
Posts: 2,268
CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Interesting.

But would it be fair to say the QB wanted to do this on his own, that particular union just provided financial support?
Would they have been able to do this without financial support though?

It's like which came first, the chicken or the egg? I'd bet the union caught wind of the QB looking for help and offered to assist. Don't think the Steelworkers were reaching out to players, but you never know.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #172
3MTA3
Game MVP
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,507
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
Would they have been able to do this without financial support though?



It's like which came first, the chicken or the egg? I'd bet the union caught wind of the QB looking for help and offered to assist. Don't think the Steelworkers were reaching out to players, but you never know.

I understand your point, but based on what we know of the Northwestern players (how they started this ball rolling before the legal process started, as was originally reported across sports media) I think it should be fair to say they weren't prodded to take this action. They sought it, and others jumped in to support them. So, if that is the case, I don't think it's fair to classify them as pawns or puppets, as one poster implied.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #173
rioninusc
Starter
 
rioninusc's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,389
CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthforever View Post
To say that the $80 an hour wages for union workers vs the $30 for non-union workers, as well as their incredible union benefits did not contribute to higher auto prices and contribute to the downfall of Detroit's auto industry doesn't make sense. Everybody has a right to there opinions on unions but they contributed to fought for the greed.
28 bucks an hour.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/autowork...ur-not-really/

The pension plans for retired workers was killing the companies. Paying thousands of people who didn't work at the company anymore couldn't of helped the situation.

Think of it this way, for all those years the Unions were up and running, and the big 3 were making the good money. Now they want to get cheap with their products and people start buying foreign cars because of low quality vehicles, It's all of a sudden the Unions fault? No this is a Management issue, and people should of been replaced up top.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #174
brat
1st Team All-SEC
 
brat's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 3,585
CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

That profiting on your likeness, autograph, etc., sounds good and I have no huge issue with it, except there are always more unseen problems which may lie ahead.

Remember how much money Shaw made after he graduated from such things? Tell me some kids will not be spending every spare second they can doing these things for big bucks and slacking off on academics or training,

Additionally, you better believe most of the team would get little money from autograph and photo opts. Who wants the autograph of a kid that seldom or never plays, Deep Snapper, second string punter, walk on players, third string Center, etc. Jealousy or resentment may arise from such things as that is human nature.

This is opening Pandora's Box. Some good may come of it and lots of bad and somehow, someway, the possibilities seem endless on the repercussions, especially as more and more time passes. Who knows what issues arise in just 10 years from now?

The NCAA members need to make the NCAA change and address many issues. They created the NCAA, but for too long they have simply not been united in correcting its actions.

Too many things are happening on too many fronts. The NCAA as we know it now will not be the same much longer. Something has to give.
__________________
"When I was young I looked like Al Capone, but I lacked his compassion." - Oscar Lavant
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 AM   #175
markymark550
Bowl MVP
 
markymark550's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 2,089
CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Anybody read the Andy Staples article on SI where he suggests that the NCAA try to negotiate with the players on the issues? He brings up a good point that it might be better for all parties involved if they can reach a reasonable deal. Could save the NCAA lots of money on lawsuits and possible embarrassment in the courts since it sounds like most of the legal writers out there think the NCAA has no case at all. Would be interested to hear opinions about this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...n/?eref=sircrc
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #176
zambam
Blue Chip
 
zambam's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: charlotte
Posts: 852
CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
That profiting on your likeness, autograph, etc., sounds good and I have no huge issue with it, except there are always more unseen problems which may lie ahead.

Remember how much money Shaw made after he graduated from such things? Tell me some kids will not be spending every spare second they can doing these things for big bucks and slacking off on academics or training,

Additionally, you better believe most of the team would get little money from autograph and photo opts. Who wants the autograph of a kid that seldom or never plays, Deep Snapper, second string punter, walk on players, third string Center, etc. Jealousy or resentment may arise from such things as that is human nature.

This is opening Pandora's Box. Some good may come of it and lots of bad and somehow, someway, the possibilities seem endless on the repercussions, especially as more and more time passes. Who knows what issues arise in just 10 years from now?

The NCAA members need to make the NCAA change and address many issues. They created the NCAA, but for too long they have simply not been united in correcting its actions.

Too many things are happening on too many fronts. The NCAA as we know it now will not be the same much longer. Something has to give.
Yes one of the big problems of this is recruiting. If players can make money off of their likeness then a booster can pay them. I can choose to pay the long snapper anything I want since he is signing an autograph.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #177
gotrice?
Household Name
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 6,126
CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Do I think the NCAA has it's problems yes, do I think the NCAA doesn't do enough yes, do I think the NCAA needs to be blown up absolutely not. If you cannot understand that importance of amateur athletics then you are lost.
It stopped being amateur athletics when schools started blowing up huge rivalries by switching conferences strictly for monetary benefit. Now the players want a piece and I don't blame them. Universities treat this like big business except for not wanting to pay the people making them millions.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #178
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist
 
JaxcockFL's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 8,386
CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
It stopped being amateur athletics when schools started blowing up huge rivalries by switching conferences strictly for monetary benefit. Now the players want a piece and I don't blame them. Universities treat this like big business except for not wanting to pay the people making them millions.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...idies/2142443/

Recommend to review the "Making them millions" line. Some do, not doubt about it, most do not.

USC for example made 307K after expenses...however, they took 2.3 MM in subsidies that inflate the revenue side. Without those subsidies, USC's athletic dept would have lost 2MM.
__________________
JaxcockFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #179
3MTA3
Game MVP
 
3MTA3's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SEC Country
Posts: 1,507
CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...idies/2142443/

Recommend to review the "Making them millions" line. Some do, not doubt about it, most do not.

USC for example made 307K after expenses...however, they took 2.3 MM in subsidies that inflate the revenue side. Without those subsidies, USC's athletic dept would have lost 2MM.

Most of those expenses were to keep up with the joneses.

So when the joneses start using their money elsewhere, so will USC.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #180
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS
 
bigdawg77's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Angelo, Tx
Posts: 8,210
CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fox News Just Reported CFB UNIONS OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Most of those expenses were to keep up with the joneses.

So when the joneses start using their money elsewhere, so will USC.
You think it's hard to keep up with the Joneses now please open this up to the open market everything sports related in Athens will have UPS, Coke,Home Depot, and Delta plastered on it for million and millions more.
__________________
bigdawg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development