CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
l^l^lBGCock
taylorssc
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
QCB
ScottK
So Disappointed With (2790)
Back like cooked cra (1534)
No Comments on the H (850)
Who start on the d l (732)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (243)
Call of Duty: Advanc (176)
Gameday parking in A (174)
Vote For Cocky (118)
2015 Commitment - Jalen H
BAW
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Name a Gamecock
Tennessee game
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
So Disappointed With The
Does South Carolina still
Keeping tailgate food saf

Old 03-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #161
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
How many players have we gotten from out west? that doesnt seem to happen often

I think the last guy we got from out west was RB Taylor Rank.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #162
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

I love the caliber of guys we have committed but can we please sign a top rated, highly sought after QB RB and/or WR.

I rarely hear about highly recruited guys at those positions this cycle. Only one I can think of is Preston Williams and he's been all over the place.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #163
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

USC will sign 2 very good backs and the receiver haul will be ridiculous.

Can't say about QB bc Mangus plays things so close to the vest. Once again though it appears he is going to strike out on his #1 choice (Wimbush).

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #164
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Can't say about QB bc Mangus plays things so close to the vest. Once again though it appears he is going to strike out on his #1 choice (Wimbush).
Who are you thinking for running backs? I would like for us to get Bryce Love and Scarlett, the guy committed to FAU currently.

I think that would make for a good 1-2 punch. Are there other guys we are in it with?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #165
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Who are you thinking for running backs? I would like for us to get Bryce Love and Scarlett, the guy committed to FAU currently.

I think that would make for a good 1-2 punch. Are there other guys we are in it with?
Are we going after instate Ty'son Williams very hard? At 5'11" 200lb seems like the type of back we usually prefer.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #166
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Are we going after instate Ty'son Williams very hard? At 5'11" 200lb seems like the type of back we usually prefer.
Pretty sure mike davis is 5'10 and was around 200 when he was a freshman
Old 03-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #167
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ty'son's name rings a bell so I guess we are after him as well. I have not heard much about him on the recruiting trail.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #168
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Out of Crestwood in Sumter.Has alot of very good offers.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #169
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Looking for that WR who is 6'3" or taller. Yes smaller WRs have worked for us but a taller one will provide additional favorable matchups. We got good TEs put Busta in there at wideout
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 03-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #170
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
CB says 90% to UGA. I don't get it. They never stop getting stellar RBs

JD
JDStud6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #171
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

As far as OL recruiting goes, Veal is off the board, but there are still some good names left there. Bailey, McGirt, Burrell, Clark, Giella, and Lemeiux, although Lemeiux is basically committed at this point.

In regards to Ty'Son Williams, he is scheduled to be in today for junior day, but at this point I have yet to see anything to confirm he made it in.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #172
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Who all was in today for the junior day??
Old 03-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #173
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Who all was in today for the junior day??
As of 2:30

2015 WR Jerad Washington
2016 ATH James Valdez
2015 RB Rocky Reid
2015 DE Arden Key
2015 DE Clelin Ferrell
2015 OL Kaleb Kim
2015 QB Daniel David
2015 OL Nathan Gillliam
2015 LB Amonte Caban
2016 WR Moe Neal
2015 OL Brandon Sandifer
2015 DT Sterling Johnson
2017 OL Jedrick Willis
2015 LB Sherrod Pittman
2016 WR Brad Hawkins
2016 DE Ron Johnson
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #174
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

I'm fairly certain Ty'son Williams did make it

Kenny Powers
Old 03-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #175
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Seems like our junior day was pretty quiet. No new commits I assume?
Old 03-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #176
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Our staff has to quit having these events during regional camp events. I find it impossible that they don't know when these things are occurring. Poor planning.

It's also stupid that it took until late march to host the first junior day. Other programs have had 2 or 3 by now.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #177
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Our staff has to quit having these events during regional camp events. I find it impossible that they don't know when these things are occurring. Poor planning.

It's also stupid that it took until late march to host the first junior day. Other programs have had 2 or 3 by now.
Completely agree. I said the same thing earlier in a thread and it may have been this one. It's bad enough they waited until the last Saturday of March but doing it the same day as a regional camp?

Don't understand that at all.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #178
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Ty'son Williams is an elite RB prospect. That film is impressive. We could really use a guy like him.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #179
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
I'm fairly certain Ty'son Williams did make it
He did make it and it sounds like we made a big move with him.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #180
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:

Yeah, it's very, very unlikely that we're going to land a 4-star QB in this class. We're not in the mix for any outside of a fading shot at Wimbush. Ideally, you'd want to land an elite QB prospect every cycle, but very few programs pull that off. (I REALLY wanted Barker in the last cycle and we finished second for him...oh well.) I'm not concerned about the future at QB, though. I think we're in great shape with Mitch, Nosovitch, Scarnecchia (really underrated, based on his reel), and even Orth, who is coming on strong.

I'm just now looking at Daniel David, since he made it for our junior day event. He's a 3-star, based on 247s composite ranking. Maybe he's next in line after Wimbush.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote