CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
The Vent and Coachin (8246)
Disturbing comments (3233)
2015 schedule is bru (2501)
UF lets Durkin go (2179)
2015 Early Enrollees (1704)
SOS...a day late &am (1146)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1125)
The U ends apparel d (744)
Bobo to Colorado St? (729)
Keeping it all in pe (411)
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
Wilds & Carson Back f
SOS...a day late & do
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Steven Gonzalez - Penn State

Offensive Lineman from Union City, New Jersey

A guy to keep an eye on, per GCC.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Steven Gonzalez

Quote:
5/24/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Steven Gonzalez
per 247 Timeline

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 OL Steven Gonzalez (6-5 310) of Union City, NJ named USC and Rutgers as his early leaders. “I don’t have any favorites right now but I would say that of the schools that have offered me, I like South Carolina and Rutgers,” he said. The offensive lineman said there are several factors that led to USC being one of his top schools but is most impressed by one specific thing. “They were one of the first schools to offer me,” said Gonzalez. “I didn’t really know they were that interested in me until they offered. It’s a great school and they win a lot of games.” Gonzalez has yet to visit the Gamecocks but plans to do so in the near future. “They invited me down for a camp a couple of weeks ago but it was a little too late for me to make plans,” he said. “I would love to go down there for a game or at least an unofficial visit very soon.” USC, Rutgers, Louisville, Boston College, Virginia, UMass and Syracuse have offered with interest coming from Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State and Notre Dame among others. He did camp at Rutgers and Miami this summer and took a visit to Penn State. “(USC) is a prestigious program and they have a great coach in Steve Spurrier,” added Gonzalez. “I hear the campus is beautiful and they play in the SEC.” He has plans to attend games at Rutgers and Penn State this season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ide-the-state/

Old 08-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

That's great. Fantastic player and getting a player of his ilk from NJ can only help with Minkah Fitzpatrick. I'm a little surprised ND and OSU aren't more involved, they usually raid NJ for talent every year, but this is great nonetheless. One question, if we are to land Gonzalez and Stanley, would Gonzalez play tackle since Park was moved to guard? Or would Gonzalez just sit until Park graduates?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 OL Steven Gonzalez of Union City, NJ had hoped to visit USC this football season to attend a game but now says those plans may be scratched. He continues to hear from the Gamecocks and remains interested. “I wish I could go to a game this year but I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it,” he said. “I still hear from coach (G.A.) Mangus. He told me to watch the game this past weekend. Unfortunately they lost but that doesn’t change anything. I still think they’ll continue to get better and compete for a title.” He has offers from USC, Rutgers, Louisville, Boston College, Virginia, UMass and Syracuse have offered with interest coming from Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State and Notre Dame among others. “I am still getting letters, schools are still following me on twitter and on Facebook,” said Gonzalez. “So far, so good.” Among the schools that have not offered, Gonzalez said the ones showing the most interest are Alabama and Oregon. He will visit Rutgers this weekend and may attend the Penn State-Michigan game. “I’ll probably have to wait until the off-season before I can visit South Carolina,” he added.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...sider-clemson/

Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Ten offers are in for the four-star tackle. Top 5: Rutgers, Miami, Florida State, Alabama and Oregon. Indicates that distance from home is a factor.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Inside-...-Madden-158577

Quote:
USC was one of the first offers for OL Steven Gonzalez of Union City, NJ and recruiter GA Mangus is keeping in touch with the big tackle. “I got a message from coach Mangus the other day,” Gonzalez said. “We talk pretty regularly. I’m hearing good things (about USC). They are working hard. They are still a top 25 team. Coach Mangus is showing a lot of interest.” As are others. Ohio State coach Urban Meyer checked in on Gonzalez at his school Monday and left a strong impression on Gonzalez based on what he wrote on Twitter: “My Dad was proud of me B4 he was gone…after meeting Urban Meyers & attracting all of this attention..Damn man.” Gonzalez has not been to any games this season but will visit Ohio State after the season. The Buckeyes, USC, Wisconsin and Rutgers have been showing the strongest interest and are his favorites at this point. All have offered along with Louisville, Virginia, Boston College, Syracuse and Massachusetts. Gonzalez doesn’t plan to make a decision until National Signing Day 2015.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ong-favorites/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 11-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior OL Steven Gonzalez of Union City, NJ continues to call USC his favorite but added, “They’re my favorite of those who have offered.” This is not to say that Gonzalez favors other schools that have not offered but he wanted to make sure he was understood. “It could change if I get another offer but South Carolina is still going to be way up there,” Gonzalez said. The Gamecocks continue to court Gonzalez and he appreciates the school. “I definitely want to try and see if I can get down there for a visit soon,” he said. Miami is starting to show more attention visiting him twice at his school last week. “I’ve been down there for a camp and an unofficial visit,” Gonzalez said. “It’s a great campus and a great place. I really like their coaches.” His next visit will be to Ohio State. “It’s the only visit that’s set in concrete,” he said. “I know I’m going there in the spring.” His offers are from USC, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Louisville, Connecticut, Virginia, Boston College, Syracuse and Massachusetts.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...word-from-usc/

Old 03-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Chris Clark ‏@GCChrisClark 2m Had #Gamecock offer RT @RivalsFriedman: #Rivals250 OL Steven Gonzalez has committed to #PennState
Closed Thread