CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
jrussjr
markp_vip
B-G
A. Pilgrim
GamecockSuperFan
l^l^lBGCock
Regalcock
2000grad
thekob
Davis dinged up agai (3310)
Winston (3261)
New Photos by Travis (1989)
For the love of God! (1719)
SOS: No QB controve (1114)
Waldrop injured (1033)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (599)
Rabbit package? (536)
ESPN reporter adding (492)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up (473)
ESPN reporter adding to t
Winston
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
Women of the SEC Ranked
Good crowd for volleyball
In light of our matchup w
Waldrop injured
Just read this.
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr

Old 03-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #21
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Explain the SEC Network to me, please.

This year we played Miss State and Arkansas which were on the SEC TV channel.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #22
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Hah just checked their site and as stated it's not yet available through DirecTv but they asked what my favorite team and sport was (no choice for "all" or even baseball, just football, mbb & wbb) and I got this "personalized" letter

Dear Cliff,

On behalf of my entire staff, I'd like to thank you for your commitment to the SEC Network. You've made a great choice, because it's a wonderful time to be a Gamecock! Our football team finished the season ranked fourth in the nation and half of our athletic teams are ranked in the national Top 25.

We can't rest on your commitment alone, however. By encouraging your friends to also sign up for the SEC Network, we can show TV providers how strong our demand is to watch the Gamecocks play. With more than 1,000 exclusive live events, 45 football games, 160 basketball games, 75 baseball games, 50 softball games and 24/7 coverage of all SEC sports, the SEC Network is a must for SEC fans like you and me.

With an 18-game home winning streak our fans have made Williams-Brice Stadium the toughest place to play in college football for opposing teams. We want you to be cheering the Gamecocks in our stadium. However, if you can't get to Williams-Brice on game day, the next best thing is the SEC Network.

I hope that you will let everyone know that the SEC Network is a must-have for Gamecock fans and friends. So, call DIRECTV at 1-800-DIRECTV to demand the SEC Network and let your friends know to do the same.

Go Gamecocks!

Steve Spurrier
Head Football Coach, University of South Carolina
Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #23
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
OK, the SEC Network will be a separate channel, like the B1G Network, right? How are they getting intra-conference games, when ESPN signed a 15 year deal with the SEC to carry all the intra-conference games, except the ones that CBS got?
But, lo and behold, the week 1 double-header(aTm @ USC is the first game) is on the SEC Network, and I've been getting e-mails from the SEC Network telling me that DirecTV doesn't have it, which is my provider.
Exactly who does have this? And is there a chance that DirecTV will end up not carrying it? Can they risk losing half of the Southeastern subscribers. I know I would pay the fee and go back to Dish Network, if I had to.

thanks.
DirecTV is holding out, along with some others. Chances are they'll all carry it in time for the launch in August, but certainly no guarantees. Charter, Time Warner, Comcast and some others have yet to sign-on as well.

DISH is better IMHO, unless you are an NFL season ticket holder on DirecTV.

It's all about inventory. Each school is now required to provide a certain amount of inventory to be broadcast on the new network. This includes all lesser sports plus some editorial shows.

The football inventory will be taken from archived games (there is some dispute as to whether all games will be taken down from YouTube, or not), and future games which will be determined by ESPN. (Because they will continue to broadcast their ESPN Game of the Week on the main four letter channel. )

You'll also still have CBS getting first pick.

Bottom line is that EVERYTHING not broadcast on the main network and cable channels, will now go on the SEC Network. A ton more basketball games and baseball games, softball, golf, swimming, gymnastics, everything.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #24
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
DirecTV is holding out, along with some others. Chances are they'll all carry it in time for the launch in August, but certainly no guarantees. Charter, Time Warner, Comcast and some others have yet to sign-on as well.

DISH is better IMHO, unless you are an NFL season ticket holder on DirecTV.

It's all about inventory. Each school is now required to provide a certain amount of inventory to be broadcast on the new network. This includes all lesser sports plus some editorial shows.

The football inventory will be taken from archived games (there is some dispute as to whether all games will be taken down from YouTube, or not), and future games which will be determined by ESPN. (Because they will continue to broadcast their ESPN Game of the Week on the main four letter channel. )

You'll also still have CBS getting first pick.

Bottom line is that EVERYTHING not broadcast on the main network and cable channels, will now go on the SEC Network. A ton more basketball games and baseball games, softball, golf, swimming, gymnastics, everything.
A few more dominoes will fall soon I think. There is no way they will be the only ones without it, the negotiations are ongoing and it wouldn't surprise me to see some go into early Summer without being on board yet.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #25
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It is highly unlikely that the major tv networks will hold out since one of them has already made a move.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #26
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Looking like TN vs. Utah St is going to be moved to Sunday night opening weekend and will be on the SECNetwork as well.

When I move into my new house in late May I am going to have to make a decision of what provider to go with. Looks like U-Verse has a leg up as of now.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #27
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Have not heard anything from Verizon Fios.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #28
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Just saw this on Direct TV's site.

Quote:
Will DIRECTV carry the SEC Network?

We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel. Contract talks happen on a different timetable with each TV provider, so unlike our competitors, we have really just begun our discussions and hope to have an update on status as we move closer to the network’s launch in August.
https://support.directv.com/app/answ...sec-network%3F
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #29
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Not terribly concerned - each side will proclaim how much they want to provide you the viewers with the quality programming you've come to expect, but the other party is being greedy and looking to take more of your hard earned cash and keeping us from satisfying your viewing needs.

Then a couple days before launch they'll come to an agreement with the photo op handshake with clenched teeth
Old 04-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #30
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

It might be a moot point come August...

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/26/tech...twork-directv/

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote