CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #41
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who's Orth?

Some of his high school highlights:

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #42
themadgreek187
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
themadgreek187 has hatched from the shell

good player. from ponte vedra. got another qb from the area as well

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...na-quarterback
themadgreek187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:02 PM   #43
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

He looks like a deep ball threat.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #44
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I'm with you on this. I don't understand how so many people don't know who he is.

Also, I just watched the replay in your sig about 15 times in a row... it doesn't get old!!

HAHA me too. Who is that getting pancaked??
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #45
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

To me he looked better than any qb we had playing in last years spring game. Can't say I'm surprised..... If I'm not mistaken he was something like 7 for 7 and drove the offense to a td.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:08 PM   #46
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Hope all this Orth hype and announcing who is 2nd and 3rd string in the spring doesnt make Noso and Mitch contemplate transferring
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #47
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

SighsE=Big-Cock;4125402]HAHA me too. Who is that getting pancaked??[/quote]

Diggs.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #48
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Hope all this Orth hype and announcing who is 2nd and 3rd string in the spring doesnt make Noso and Mitch contemplate transferring
If being 2nd or 3rd string in the spring is enough to make one of them want to throw in the towel, I would not want them playing anyways. I want the kind of guy who hears hes 3rd best and uses that to motivate him to get to the gym first and be the last to leave, to make sure if the guy who is 1st spends 5 hours in the film room that he spends 6. If they cant handle a shot like that there is no way they are a Spurrier Qb....
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #49
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
SighsE=Big-Cock;4125402]HAHA me too. Who is that getting pancaked??
Diggs.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Hope he works on shedding blocks this offseason cause that was horrible. we gave up 300 yards to Wisconsin on the ground. We are going to struggle at cornerback. Its gonna be hard to win if we cant stop the run or the pass. Hope im wrong.

Back to the thread. Orth looked really good last spring game.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #50
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
He looks like a deep ball threat.
perhaps, Orthogonal?
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #51
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

if orth ever starts you can dress me as a cow and send me upstate. It will never happen
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #52
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
if orth ever starts you can dress me as a cow and send me upstate. It will never happen
If you were really brave/certain you would change the cow to a sheep.
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #53
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I heard he moved here from somewhere up nORTH

rumor has it he worked at ORTHo before going to college

the lord said "go fORTH and multiply"

he had bad teeth before he saw the ORTHodontist

he came to usc because he wanted to study ORTHopedics

that's all i got...pretty much a wORTHless post.....
Old 04-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #54
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

Quote:
SOS loves this kid, so put on your furry knickers and learn to cross stone bridges.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #55
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
SOS loves this kid, so put on your furry knickers and learn to cross stone bridges.
Not saying you're wrong, but Spurrier picks a kid every year that most haven't heard of and hypes them up all spring/summer. Most of them are then never heard from again. We'll just have to wait & see if this year is any different.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:16 AM   #56
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but Spurrier picks a kid every year that most haven't heard of and hypes them up all spring/summer. Most of them are then never heard from again. We'll just have to wait & see if this year is any different.
Orth is DT's backup. Congrats to Orth. This isn't one of those "you can keep your Dr if you like him" statements.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #57
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksmith1or11 View Post
what shocks me about all this is how the number of regular posters and "fans" on this board that have no idea who Perry Orth is.

From all accounts, he is a SOLID backup, throws a great ball, quick release, knows the playbood, works hard. Cons are his mobility, although coach says he runs the zone read better than Noso and Mitch. Also has a hard time seeing the whole field when his 1,2 are covered. Probably why he is behind Thompson but ahead of the guys still learning the offense. Look for him to do garbage duty with Mitch this season.

Dude...your sig is epic. The Spladoossshhhhhhh makes it borderline legendary. I too just spent a solid 10 minutes watching it.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #58
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

Hey,
He looks great on film. We may have found a diamond in the rough. Not all good players come from big schools.
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #59
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

If my old eyes didn't deceive me, he took a few snaps in last year's spring game and didn't look all too shabby. Orth. Cool name, but can he beat Clemson in Clemson?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #60
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:

When you say ever, you do realize Orth is a Sophomore and may have a couple of years in Spurrier's system yet to go?