CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
cocky-K
SC Sandlapper
Cockypantherfan
HeadCockFan
eightohhthree
ChickenButt
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1590)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1452)
Defense not an issue (1444)
Cack's Toast of the (989)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (974)
I guess we don't get (930)
Legitimate, Unbiased (929)
Antonio Allen vs Als (802)
Look who's at the bo (619)
Kendrick salley
why we're in this positio
Defensive personnel quest
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Was Brandon Wilds injured
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Celebrity Guest Picker...

Old 03-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #261
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: A'ja Wilson

Hope losing to UNC does not affect her decision.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #262
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
If you were a highly rated athlete, would you rather go to an established championship program or to a highly rated, up and coming program?

Me personally, I'd rather go to the up and coming program in order to help push that program over the top. There is nothing new to be gained by going to the established championship team.
Pros and Cons with both.. If her life-long goal is to win a national title, then U -Conn will probably be her safest bet.... Hope she comes here, but I couldn't blame her if she went up north.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #263
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Heard she would be in slam dunk competition tonight on ESPNU. Just a heads up

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/10701260/hoopgurlz-aja-wilson-set-compete-slam-dunk-contest-mcdonald-all-american-games
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 PM   #264
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Hope losing to UNC does not affect her decision.
I hope it does the opposite and have her realize that she could be part of history as an integral part of the women's march back to the NCAA tourney.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #265
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
in all fairness the issue wasn't you made a prediction and passed along info. the issue you was your one word douchebag post of uconn.
Next time I'll post, Connecticut, just for you. Ya douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No feeling change whatsoever as I think you are fos. Some who knows her family told you where she was going? Riiiiiiiiight.
Yeah dude. I totally like to come post bs on this board for the thrill of it. Riiiight. I don't give a **** what you think. Sorry you got your little feelings hurt when you read my post, Uconn. Hope you get over it soon.

When you plant shit-seeds, you get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:42 PM   #266
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
That is one way to go. Do not expect people here to just take any post as gospel, especially posts that differ from the majority of information that has been given so far.

Now in reality, who knows what is going to happen besides the recruit? We could flip a coin or throw darts at a dart board and it would mean the same as anything said before the player signs.

Before Marcus Lattimore signed here, there were members saying he was thinking about going to Auburn. Clowney was going to flip to Clemson or Alabama. Jeffery was a lock for Southern California. Drew Barker was going to surprise everyone and don the garnet and black.

If you want to post that you heard from a source that she is going somewhere else, that is fine. Expect that people here will question who you heard it from and why you believe it to be true.

It should not fill you with such displeasure if you know in your heart that what you said is 100% a sure thing and correct.

Just sit back with your arms folded and a shit-eating grin on your face at all the naysayers once your fact comes to fruition.

I understand what you're saying and you make some good points. All I did was pass along some info I was told. Didn't think it be this big of a deal. Had I simply posted, USC or Gamecock, I'm guessing that wouldn't have been a douchebag comment. Some very fragile people on this board. Shit eating grin is on now and will be a mile wide if she does in fact, choose Uconn. Then it'll hit me we missed getting the #1 recruit in the country and the grin will be gone.

When you plant shit-seeds, you get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:58 PM   #267
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

There's always some guy who pulls the trigger on a false prediction for a sick thrill. Aja to UCONN is a lie, either perpetrated by the OP or his "source" in order to fill the interwebs with a teensy weensy bit of his neuroses. Don't believe it, or his OBVIOUS deflections back at you for attacking his integrity. BS!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #268
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

This will be a long 2 weeks until A'ja decides. There are good points for all 4 of her finalists. Hopefully, A'ja will see that Dawn Staley is building the next dynasty in women's basketball.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:55 PM   #269
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

A'ja wasn't able to make any of her dunks but she was pretty close a couple times.

BTW Alshon was one of the judges and DJ Swagg was also in the audience.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:09 PM   #270
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Hopefully, Alshon put in a good word for the Gamecocks.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #271
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

it cant hurt that those guys were there
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #272
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
A'ja wasn't able to make any of her dunks but she was pretty close a couple times.

BTW Alshon was one of the judges and DJ Swagg was also in the audience.
they had a dunking contest for womens basketball? Did the winner just have to make a dunk?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #273
JDuro
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 608
JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

2004 McD's Slam Dunk competition won by Candace Parker. First and only female winner.

JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #274
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
It's what someone who knows her family told me. God forbid someone predict a recruit to another school. Guess I'm just a negative fan :(
I know a lot of families and I would be hard pressed to predict what anyone would do based on information from one of their family members. That's just plain dumb.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #275
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

So, is she going to UConn like some have said? Or, were some people just a bit down on our team after we lost to UNC last week?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #276
JDuro
4-Star

Male

JDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his combJDuro is developing his comb

Today's TBS VIP A'ja recruiting news:

Speaking to people she interacted with at McD's game, TBS feels Gamecocks still team to beat though not a lock at this time. One person they spoke with feels UNC and UTenn are biggest challengers with UNC posing biggest threat.

9 days to go................

Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #277
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

I think she will be a Gamecock until I hear otherwise.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #278
JDuro
4-Star

Male

From article just posted on GG.

Quote:
As for the idea that the team advancing the furthest in the NCAA tournament will win her services, that’s not true, which comes as a relief to the Tar Heels, Lady Volunteers and Gamecocks. UConn is going for its ninth national title on Tuesday against the Fighting Irish.

“No, I don’t pay too much attention to who wins,” Wilson laughed. “I’ll be cheering for them because I played with three of them this summer (Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson and AP Player of the Year Breanna Stewart). They’re a great group of girls.”
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/04/0.../99/113/&ihp=1

Old 04-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #279
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Here is an interview of A'ja by a local magazine. It is the last segment.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #280
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Frankly, all that needs to be noted about A'ja's choice of school has pretty much been said.

For some, especially our young, the siren call of faraway places and the allure of bright lights is difficult- sometimes impossible- to deny. A'ja, we South Carolinians all know, much like Darla, it's your destiny to be a prodigal. We only ask that you delay your leaving until you're fully grown as a person.

Why? Many think it's because we selfishly want you to be a cornerstone of our budding dynasty in WBB, but for those of us who really care about your well-being, that's not it at all.

IMO someday soon USC will win it all with or without you. But should you become one of our cornerstones, unwittingly we'll become yours, and where you're headed, you'll need a good one to help guide you on your journey thru life.

If you decide a group of strangers somewhere else will give you a better foundation to live the rest of your life, that's where you should go. But if you want the good people of SC to be your guiding light, I'll help lead your cheering section next fall.

The unusual thing about cornerstones is that they are open on two sides. If you become one of ours and we become yours, no matter where you are or how hectic life becomes, you have but to access the memory banks of your mind and for a few minutes slip thru the door to that other side and visit friends, family, and the simple beauty of the Horseshoe & the green grass of home.

Last edited by OldPat; 04-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote