CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
b381l
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
NinjaSven
GoldenSpur7
gadeneer1986
Looking ahead to UGA (3243)
My Observations Abou (2858)
Gurley lined up to t (1529)
Who else wants to se (1416)
Step back from the l (1364)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1084)
How far do we fall.. (1052)
Shaq Roland (1032)
I Am Ashamed (956)
Shon Carson at KR (853)
I Am Ashamed
Seems like a lot of troll
2015 Commitment - Michael
Should be interesting in
How far do we fall...
Confused fan here. Why i
Step back from the ledge
Looking ahead to UGA
Gurley lined up to take U
Who else wants to see Con

Old 04-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #21
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Tiger Woods to miss The Masters

PERFECT! First year i get a ticket to the masters and he isn't going to attend. justtt PERFECT. I just wanted to see the man swing a driver a few times.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #22
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

dang he is The Masters

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #23
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

...I hear there will be tons of hot white females available for all manner of debauchery at least...
Old 04-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #24
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his comb

Go FIGURE! Screw Tiger Woods.....Lets go Dustin Johnson
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #25
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I know it's a big deal for him to miss. ESPN and CBS will miss him. Casual fans of golf will miss him. However, Tiger hasn't won a major in years. His presence always makes things more interesting. It's a bummer not to see Tiger there but in some ways I won't miss him. Gives them a chance to focus on other players and rising stars. I doubt he would have won this year anyways.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #26
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I remember either Freddie Couples or Johnnie Miller saying YEARS ago that with his swing mechanics he was bound to experience back problems. So here we are...
If Johnny Miller was the one who said it, he'll be sure to remind us at every opportunity until the end of time.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #27
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
The way the article that I read sounded, he may even miss the US Open at Pinehurst.

I get that PED's make you stronger, but golf is more about touch and accuracy than brute strength. I just feel like they would harm your golf game, not to mention your body, more than they would benefit.
PED's can help with golf, especially considering how Tiger was able to separate himself from the field.

1. As previously stated, it allows you to recover quicker from injuries. In golf, even minor injuries can keep a player from being able to compete consistently because the golf swing is such a precise movement.

2. At Tiger's peak, he separated himself from the field by having an extremely powerful swing. This also goes back to point 1, because you can see that the violence of his old swing motion has now taken a severe toll on his body.

I suspect that he may have been using PED's and that when the Thanksgiving incident occurred that thrust his personal life into the national spotlight, he felt that he needed to abandon PED's. This could explain why his level of play dropped off so drasticly after that and why he has had so many lingering injuries since then. Obviously I don't know for sure, and I'm not even sure if I believe it, but it's just a suspicion that has crossed my mind.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #28
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

You mean we will actually get to watch some other golfers this year.... woooo!

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #29
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
PED's can help with golf, especially considering how Tiger was able to separate himself from the field.

1. As previously stated, it allows you to recover quicker from injuries. In golf, even minor injuries can keep a player from being able to compete consistently because the golf swing is such a precise movement.

2. At Tiger's peak, he separated himself from the field by having an extremely powerful swing. This also goes back to point 1, because you can see that the violence of his old swing motion has now taken a severe toll on his body.

I suspect that he may have been using PED's and that when the Thanksgiving incident occurred that thrust his personal life into the national spotlight, he felt that he needed to abandon PED's. This could explain why his level of play dropped off so drasticly after that and why he has had so many lingering injuries since then. Obviously I don't know for sure, and I'm not even sure if I believe it, but it's just a suspicion that has crossed my mind.
didnt his doctor get busted coming across the canadian border and the same doctor was linked to other athletes as well?
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #30
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

If this is real I might have waited a day to announce the news. Everyone's been questioning it all day with it being April Fools.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #31
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

"he'll shatter Jack's majors records" anyone who disagreed was labeled a fool. We'll it's april fools and who looks the fool now?

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #32
CockyCody
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 381
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

He won't be back for months and maybe not at all this year. 90 % of the athlete's that have had this return back to their norm following it. However, Tiger isn't a cub anymore and it might be a little harder for him to do so. Love him or hate him, golf simply is not the same without him.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #33
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
"he'll shatter Jack's majors records" anyone who disagreed was labeled a fool. We'll it's april fools and who looks the fool now?
Exactly what I was thinking - it was considered laughably ridiculous to think he wouldn't get the record.

I don't know if it led to the injury or not, but I always thought that his swing went through too many mutations, was never very natural looking, and was usually too timing-dependent. But certainly, when it was on, it was on.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #34
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

yeah, don't get me wrong...young tiger was awesome, dominant. But Jack stood the test of time. The talking heads are the ones that all but handed tiger the "most majors" crown years ago. dolts.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #35
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Jason Sobel, a golf writer for ESPN, posted on Twitter earlier that he had talked to one TOUR Pro that's close with Tiger and he said that Tiger's back is worse than Freddie's ever was.
This is nothing but my opinion but I always thought Freddie milked the back injury. He had all the natural talent but just come across as happy go lucky and enjoying the tour lifestyle. Just never seemed aggressive.

I think tiger was on the juice..... Nobody is head and shoulders better every time without help. Bonds,Clemens lance Armstrong all make me think he juiced a lot!!!

Last edited by gamecockjay; 04-01-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Added
gamecockjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #36
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post

I agree with what you stated in your post. I worked the Masters with the CBS Camera Crews for 10 years and saw Tiger Woods at his best and he could out drive everybody back then. He just looked so much more powerful and stronger than the rest of the field. Looking back, it may have been PED's that helped him get the edge on the rest of the field. To see him drop off like he has in the last few years does make you wonder??? Almost like watching A-Rod.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #37
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
yeah, don't get me wrong...young tiger was awesome, dominant. But Jack stood the test of time. The talking heads are the ones that all but handed tiger the "most majors" crown years ago. dolts.

To be fair, he was on pace to break the records. It was perfectly logical to assume he would break Jacks record. His meltdown wasn't exactly par for the course- pun intended. Most people who refused to agree that he would break Jacks record did so because they dont care for TW- not because they're golf geniuses.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #38
GamecockInAugusta
Honor, Duty, Apostrophes.

Male

CockyCash: 10019050
GamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot material

Jason Day was going to win anyway.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #39
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

Daaamn...Does that mean I can go without being run over by a bunch of freaks in LA Lakers and UNC short sets on their way to see jack squat?

Awesome.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #40
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole.