CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
U-Dub Gamecock
75CarolinaFan
B-G
Spurticus
b381l
Aggie96
gamecockgal
TAFC 5 1981
Sidney Rice Retiring (1344)
Dan Patrick Show - P (610)
ESPN Insider (533)
Pictures of older Co (438)
SOS Dominating SEC M (292)
Bonefish Grill (264)
Places to eat in Con (254)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (206)
What Are The Most Im (202)
This Song is the F'i (202)
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Texags
Predict Clemson 2014
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
2015 Commitment - Damon A
Ace suspended 4 games
Another A&M aggie off
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Georgia Defensive returni

Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
JustAskin
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JustAskin is learning to peckJustAskin is learning to peck
Default Clemson AD Guarantees Victories over Gamecocks

Clemson AD Guarantees Victories over Gamecocks

Press Release - Monday, March 31, 2014 – 5 O’Cock PM

Clemson, SC - Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich held his weekly meeting with the media and announced that he fully understands all the fan frustration with mounting losses and losing streaks to the University of South Carolina. “The Gamecocks have had our number and whipped our butts. We are all very tired of it and that ends today!”

DRad stated the Jacksonville State Gamecocks would be added to all future schedules across every sport. “We will kick these Gamecock teams’ tails, I guarantee it! Additionally, we are all excited about getting to visit the Florida beaches and that’s why I insisted all series be on a home and home arrangement, we will play at Jacksonville State this year on November 22.”

SID Tim Boreu stated that this will be the first time for Clemson to play Gamecocks in back-to-back weeks since Bruce Ellington beat the Tigers in football and basketball in 2011.

Also present at this afternoon’s press conference were Head Football Coach Dabo Swinney and Jack Leggett, HoF Baseball Coach. Dabo said, “I applaud Dan for thinking outside the box to solve the unsolvable, console the inconsolable and think the unthinkable.” Leggett asked if he still had to face the real Gamecocks and his jaw tightened even more when told indeed he would.

Dave Hoodie, PS Pro-fit contributed to this story.

Just Askin
'83 Greenville, SC
JustAskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default Re: Clemson AD Guarantees Victories over Gamecocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAskin View Post

Clemson, SC - Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich held his weekly meeting with the media and announced that he fully understands all the fan frustration with mounting losses and losing streaks to the University of South Carolina. “The Gamecocks have had our number and whipped our butts. We are all very tired of it and that ends today!”

DRad stated the Jacksonville State Gamecocks would be added to all future schedules across every sport. “We will kick these Gamecock teams’ tails, I guarantee it! Additionally, we are all excited about getting to visit the Florida beaches and that’s why I insisted all series be on a home and home arrangement, we will play at Jacksonville State this year on November 22.”

SID Tim Boreu stated that this will be the first time for Clemson to play Gamecocks in back-to-back weeks since Bruce Ellington beat the Tigers in football and basketball in 2011.

Also present at this afternoon’s press conference were Head Football Coach Dabo Swinney and Jack Leggett, HoF Baseball Coach. Dabo said, “I applaud Dan for thinking outside the box to solve the unsolvable, console the inconsolable and think the unthinkable.” Leggett asked if he still had to face the real Gamecocks and his jaw tightened even more when told indeed he would.

Nice. I especially like the "5 O'Cock PM" post time. Though, with the way their baseball team has been playing in mid-week games this year, I'm not sure this would guarantee anything for them.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Guess this was so important it couldn't wait for the following day

Additional nice touch is that Jacksonville State is actually in northern Alabama

EDIT: But I'm sure most of y'all knew that already
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta

Last edited by JerseyBird; 04-01-2014 at 09:13 AM.
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

JSU, go cocks!!!

Be careful with them though. They did beat Ole Miss and cost Houston Nutt his job
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

And remember, it's only unwinnable if you don't win it
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
Old 04-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I hear they also plan to schedule Sumter
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

ehhh, he's guaranteed other things that never turned out to be true.

taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
CockyVet
Walk On

Male

CockyVet has hatched from the shell

I took this to be a slightly early April Fool's joke.
CockyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #9
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Additional nice touch is that Jacksonville State is actually in northern Alabama
Yeah, got a chuckle out of that myself.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I thought the state legislature made them play us. How can they change their schedule at short notice? I'm not at all sure this is true. Do you have a link?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
I thought the state legislature made them play us. How can they change their schedule at short notice? I'm not at all sure this is true. Do you have a link?
NSIS
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

Quote:
It's on teh intraweb so of course it's true
Old 04-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #13
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Here you go.

https://www.google.com/#q=happy+april+fools+day
Old 04-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 0
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Yesterday I watched the SC Senate honor Coach. One Clemson Senator said something to the effect that he was positive that Clemson would beat the Gamecocks ... as soon as Coach Spurrier retires.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/?media=442615
Old 04-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Would he bet his job on it?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
ehhh, he's guaranteed other things that never turned out to be true.

i loved cajun spice ruffles
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #17
JustAskin
Walk On

Male

JustAskin is learning to peckJustAskin is learning to peck
Default a few clues to the prank

April Fool's prank: 5 O'Cock, Tim Bore U, the beach comment, Dabo's comment, Leggett's jaw can't get any tighter :-D

Of course, they need to find any Gamecock they can beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAskin View Post

Just Askin
'83 Greenville, SC
JustAskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #18
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:

I almost bit and said "dude, seriously?"...then I realized this was nothing more than a baited trap, a double secret probation april fool's double whammy trap, laid cleverly in waiting.

well played

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:47 AM   #19
PermaCock
Walk On

Male

PermaCock has hatched from the shell

haha
PermaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #20
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote