CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JaxcockFL
SMOTFS86
B-G
GregoryHouse
catdaddy66
Cockhornleghorn
doubledribble
JerseyBird
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1957)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1407)
Former Gamecock root (1323)
Franks boy's are pla (1013)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (522)
Kentucky is dominati (496)
Bowl packages (439)
Chance of my lifetim (431)
Bruce!!! (360)
Franks boy's are playing
Has the window closed for
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Question for those who ha
Decommitment from Texas A
official UFC thread. (new
Former Gamecock rooting f

Old 03-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #21
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Aggies QB and 2014 Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/0...cmp=latestnews

It says here the Aggie QB was arrested because he thought Bush was still president which s a mistake anyone could have made because nobody blames Obama for anything that goes wrong anyhow. It was probably Bush that told him to go get drunk.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #22
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
If I was a head coach, I would be nervous about starting a freshman Qb in a place like Williams Brice, especially knowing it is opening night, and a SEC match up. That being said, it might be better to send him out there and give him a trial by fire. I hope the fans come out rowdy loud and make it an absolute mad house while they are trying to get their plays in.. oh and I cant wait to hear the rooster crow on 3rd downs!!
I'll be watching the game here in Houston with a bunch of Aggies, so nothing would make it better than to beat the breaks off of A&M.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #23
AggieTodd
Walk On

Male

AggieTodd has feathers coming inAggieTodd has feathers coming inAggieTodd has feathers coming in

I wish I knew what will happen, too. Hill was the best bet to be the starter.

Matt Joeckel is the oldest and has the most experience, but has very limited upside. He's the epitome of a game manager / bus driver, but he's in an offense that's not conducive to that.

Kyle Allen is the hot shot high school kid (#1 QB out of high school last year). The problem is that he's still essentially a high school kid. I'd rather him build some experience throughout the next couple of seasons and then start.

Kenny Hill has some experience and knows this offense from high school. His mobility will help him get out of trouble and he has a strong arm

I can see this going either way - him being suspended for two weeks in the off season, half a game or a whole game. The last two could be bad as we need our best players to have a chance to beat you especially since there should be a slight drop-off this year.
AggieTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #24
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Didn't Manziel get suspended for an entire half of their opening game....for allegedly doing something that they couldn't even prove he did????

If this guy doesn't sit for at least half the USC game, that would be two faced.
*facepalm That was by the NCAA
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #25
AggieTodd
Walk On

Male

AggieTodd has feathers coming inAggieTodd has feathers coming inAggieTodd has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
*facepalm That was by the NCAA
That was actually by A&M as a compromise to the NCAA. There was no evidence that he accepted money, but to get the NCAA off our back and ensure it wouldn't come back and nullify our season, we agreed to suspend Johnny for taking in action where someone else could or would profit from his armature status.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #26
ZenUSC
Starter

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTodd View Post
I wish I knew what will happen, too. Hill was the best bet to be the starter.

Matt Joeckel is the oldest and has the most experience, but has very limited upside. He's the epitome of a game manager / bus driver, but he's in an offense that's not conducive to that.

Kyle Allen is the hot shot high school kid (#1 QB out of high school last year). The problem is that he's still essentially a high school kid. I'd rather him build some experience throughout the next couple of seasons and then start.

Kenny Hill has some experience and knows this offense from high school. His mobility will help him get out of trouble and he has a strong arm

I can see this going either way - him being suspended for two weeks in the off season, half a game or a whole game. The last two could be bad as we need our best players to have a chance to beat you especially since there should be a slight drop-off this year.
My guess would be that Hill starts game one. Perhaps if it were a DUI they might suspend him a game. Maybe what he did wasn't a big deal. At first I thought he would get serious punishment.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #27
AggieTodd
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
My guess would be that Hill starts game one. Perhaps if it were a DUI they might suspend him a game. Maybe what he did wasn't a big deal. At first I thought he would get serious punishment.
Other than sounding bad, a first time Public Intoxication or Minor In Possession (of Alcohol) is basically like a speeding ticket in Texas. Usually, the person pays a fine or takes an hour or two of group counseling.

While it's dumb for someone fighting for a starting QB job, it's not major. So unless he's been having other issues that we don't know about, I could see Sumlin lifting the suspension in a week or so and moving on.