CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
b381l
Gamecockswag
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
Travelin
conwaycock2
Freshman ND WR " (1144)
Good Riddance to bad (602)
The Comeback & T (528)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (400)
Keeping tailgate foo (389)
ESPN Game Day Commen (294)
An A to Z of Noah We (277)
TeMarcus Blanton (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (247)
Simple "yes" or
TeMarcus Blanton
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rest of the season predic
Battlefield 4
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Auburn game

Old 04-02-2014, 06:16 AM   #41
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tiger Woods to miss The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole.
There are tons of bigger assholes than Tiger on the tour. Rory Sabbatini immediately comes to mind.

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #42
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Back to the breaking Jack's record talk.

I believe that he still can break Jack's record...however, I think it is HUGELY contingent on if this back surgery is a success. If he continues to struggle with his back for the next couple of years, then I think he has no chance. If he can get healthy, he can still break the record.

People forget that although he hasn't won a major a major in 5 years, he HAS won 5 tournaments in each of the last two seasons if I'm not mistaken. Personal feelings aside, the guy is the greatest golfer I have ever seen. I didn't get to see Nicklaus in his prime, so thats why I say I have ever seen. Is he a jerk...absolutely. Can he absolutely smoke everyone else when he is at his best....absolutely.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #43
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

One less sporting event I'll be watching.

Honestly, without Tiger, the Master's doesn't do it for me...a lot of good golfers, yes...but Tiger brings that "You gotta see what this guy can do," element.

Honestly, it is like the NBA when Jordan was playing...you watched to see what Jordan was going to do. It will be interesting to see the ratings for this years' Masters...I'm betting they will be down.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #44
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
There are tons of bigger assholes than Tiger on the tour. Rory Sabbatini immediately comes to mind.
Have never met Rory. And did he cheat on his wife and kids too?
Old 04-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep...Because Tiger is the only one on TOUR that has done that.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #46
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Yep...Because Tiger is the only one on TOUR that has done that.
Cheating? No, probably not, but he definitely has the record for most mistresses.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #47
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

This will cause the casual golf fan, who didn't watch pre-Tiger, to not watch The Masters. Myself...I will enjoy The Masters even more without him.

He's a great golfer, no doubt. But I'll be honest...I'm tired of hearing about every single little thing he does.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #48
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Back to the breaking Jack's record talk.

I believe that he still can break Jack's record...however, I think it is HUGELY contingent on if this back surgery is a success. If he continues to struggle with his back for the next couple of years, then I think he has no chance. If he can get healthy, he can still break the record.

People forget that although he hasn't won a major a major in 5 years, he HAS won 5 tournaments in each of the last two seasons if I'm not mistaken. Personal feelings aside, the guy is the greatest golfer I have ever seen. I didn't get to see Nicklaus in his prime, so thats why I say I have ever seen. Is he a jerk...absolutely. Can he absolutely smoke everyone else when he is at his best....absolutely.
I have to disagree with you in terms of Jack's record. I don't think that he can win the record regardless of the outcome of surgery. Majors only come around 4x a year and he is not getting any younger. When he was running away with Majors he was heads and shoulders above the rest...however, now that gap has closed greatly (and mainly due to Tiger Woods making golf a mainstream sport). When Jack won all of his majors, the depth of talent was much shallower than it is now. I honestly think and agree with you that Tiger is the best to have ever played...but unfortunately, the 2000 Tiger Woods would smoke the 2014 version.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #49
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

I'll be interested to see what this does to the crowds following golfers next week at the Masters. What I mean is that usually half the patrons are following Tiger so I can usually walk and follow another big time golfer rather easily. (following Tiger is near impossible) I know most people just like to sit and watch but I like to follow guys. I expect it will be much harder to follow guys like Phil(if he plays), Scott, McIlroy, etc...now.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #50
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

The Masters is still The Masters. It will always be an event I watch, but Tiger and I are about the same age and I've grown up pulling for him. So, I will miss him being there immensely.

Like it or not, Tiger adds something special to the tournament, and I will really miss him.

Plus, this adds more Phil coverage...which is So gross.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #51
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
This will cause the casual golf fan, who didn't watch pre-Tiger, to not watch The Masters. Myself...I will enjoy The Masters even more without him.

He's a great golfer, no doubt. But I'll be honest...I'm tired of hearing about every single little thing he does.
You are right...the true-blue golf fan will watch the Masters...I'll admit it is a special event to watch....

But for people like me, the casual golf fan, I likely won't watch until the final round possibly, and that depends on who has a shot to win.

This Masters could be a good barometer on how the PGA will move forward when Tiger hands it up, and how far the ratings may drop when that happens.

I did have some of my golf buddies bring this point up...they are upset he is NOT playing, not because they are fans...but because they got used to having everyone follow Woods, and they could easily see holes other golfers were at, no problem.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #52
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Assuming TW's back surgery is not a total disaster, I fully expect him to break Sam Snead's record. I used to be one of the ones who thought (pre-personal life debacle) that TW would break Jack's record, but now I would have to bet against it if I'm putting my money on it.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #53
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
You must be a real boy scout. Proud of you.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #54
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I saw him play at the British Open last year. He missed that one, too.
Attached Images

Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #55
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

The Masters Tournament went off on schedule as expected. Fred Couples had the largest love and following from the crowd on Sunday. It was cool to see even if he did fade down the stretch. That's the kind of thing makes the Masters what it is.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #56
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
The Masters Tournament went off on schedule as expected. Fred Couples had the largest love and following from the crowd on Sunday. It was cool to see even if he did fade down the stretch. That's the kind of thing makes the Masters what it is.
But the television ratings on Sunday were way down.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote