CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Spurticus
Mt. Lattimore
petecock
jrussjr
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
ConwayGamecock
PageUSC
1st practice tonight (2046)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1196)
We don't have a prac (827)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (810)
Cockytalk Fall Pract (727)
Could we see 3 QBs o (677)
Donell Stanley injur (577)
weather in columbia (482)
Overrated and Underr (436)
Copperheads (348)
Dustin Johnson taking a l
Auburn Loses Guard for Se
Cockytalk Fall Practice R
Mike Davis Hamstring
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Paul George Seriously Inj
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Official SEC Network and

Old 04-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #21
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: COCKYTALK SPRING PRACTICE REPORT: 4/1/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
devin washington's injury listed as a hand. rico mcwilliams was in yellow but undisclosed. 4 interviews with defensive players/coaches on gamecocksonline. coach brown echoed what you said spurt. he's been moving brison back and forth prior to today because he wants him to get better at both.

we're going to need big things from the safeties this year. itll be great to see tj gurley healthy this year. coach brown mentioned that marcus replaced elder in the bowl game because he was better at diagnosing the wisconsin shifts.
I'm with you about Gurley. He wasn't fully healed last year and you could really tell as he wasn't very fast. With another year of healing and strength and conditioning he should be back to playing at a high level. I'm so excited about the potential of the secondary, and the defense as a whole. Lots of really good players, the coaches just have to figure out who the best 11 are and get them out on the field. It's a good thing we have a lot of quality back ups as well as our defensive attack should be relentless on opposing offenses.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Not sure. He's been wearing yellow the whole spring so far. I wouldn't
think it was from a concussion suffered in November.
Believe he is out with a hand injury.
He passed the concussion test around the bowl game.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #23
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Believe he is out with a hand injury.
He passed the concussion test around the bowl game.
That's what I was thinking. I know he got banged up during the game with
Coastal and I hadn't heard anything else about him being injured this winter
and spring. I just noticed that he's been wearing the yellow jersey most of
the spring, and working on light drills with Connor McLaurin, Damiere Byrd
and those guys. ...... ALSO

I'm thinking the guy wearing the #2 in yellow yesterday was Rico McWilliams.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #24
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Is Devin Washington still out due to his concussion from last year or is there something else going on?
He has hurt his hand now....

Sucks because he needed a good Spring. He has ha virtually no reps. Can't stay on the field
Old 04-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #25
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
That's what I was thinking. I know he got banged up during the game with
Coastal and I hadn't heard anything else about him being injured this winter
and spring. I just noticed that he's been wearing the yellow jersey most of
the spring, and working on light drills with Connor McLaurin, Damiere Byrd
and those guys. ...... ALSO

I'm thinking the guy wearing the #2 in yellow yesterday was Rico McWilliams.
Yea Rico has an undisclosed injury. Pray it's nothing serious. We can not afford an injury at CB
Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #26
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Thanks Spurt on a great report. I am learning a lot from you and others on this forum.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #27
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Spurt, thanks for your diligence! I look forward to reading your updates.

jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #28
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his combsunbeam is developing his comb

Anyone heard about August? I was hoping we got a good one that just plopped in from nowhere. Hopefully he switched numbers, or had a dental appointment or something.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote