CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
b381l
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
spareparts
gamecockgal
Yearofthegamecock
JerseyBird
Pw00132
Dylan Thompson's pas (2969)
ST coach fired this (2896)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Celebrity Guest Pick (2390)
Let's talk about Mat (1981)
So, um, yeah the NFL (838)
Defensive personnel (789)
Rank the SEC startin (764)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (739)
Kendrick salley (700)
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
Cravin Melon on MNF
Gameday Sign Ideas
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
7:30 kickoff for Kentucky
Dylan Thompson's passing
Capital One Bowl to chang
USC/Missouri 9/27/2014

Old 04-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
Birdwatcher
Recruit

CockyCash: 200
Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs
Default Eat everything on the Masters menu in one day for under $60.00

But I wouldn't recommend it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarze...on-menu-in-one

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 04-02-2014 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Misleading title.
Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #2
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material
Default Re: Eat everything on the Masters menu for under $60.00

never had anything there that didn't taste delicious
Old 04-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Birdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spursBirdwatcher has earned his spurs

Not that it doesn't taste good but that, gastronomically, it may be not so good.

I've done nearly the same thing but didn't know I was going for a record.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

BUT THEY CHANGED THE PIMENTO RECIPE!!!

sorry, had to say it. a travesty.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I ate all of the lunch sandwiches last year. It was GREAT.

The Georgia peach sugar cookie ice cream sandwich is EPIC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post

Actually, they've changed it back. It's right now.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Can't believe how reasonably priced it is. There isnt a sandwich over $3.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
Compared to going to Pebble Beach and paying $10 for a turkey sandwich. It was just turkey, bread, lettuce, tomato, and provolone.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Compared to going to Pebble Beach and paying $10 for a turkey sandwich. It was just turkey, bread, lettuce, tomato, and provolone.
You can't get a ham sandwich at my League's Clubhouse for >$8.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post

Actually, they've changed it back. It's right now.
I had not heard...good news!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
and a beer ran for 2 bucks when I was there.

the wife and i attended the wednesday practice round a few years ago, got a couple of pimento cheese sandwiches and a couple of beers for dirt cheap, found a shaded tree, and loved life.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #11
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post

I'm upset after hearing this news. I was only 6 days away from trying the pimento sandwich for the first time.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
I'm upset after hearing this news. I was only 6 days away from trying the pimento sandwich for the first time.
no worries- i've been corrected!

hopefully you enjoy the same recipe that many of us have had the pleasure of consuming.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

my favorite thing on the masters menu is the barbecue sandwiches. I love to get a stella, a bbq sandwich, chips and a georgia peach ice cream sandwich for lunch there. Of course I can't discount the pimento cheese sandwiches I eat for breakfast.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
Birdwatcher
Recruit

I went to Kiawah for the PGA on Friday, and the same eats would have run you at least $275.00.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #15
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I've eaten just about everything on the menu. They're definitely good sandwiches and the prices are great. That being said, I feel like a lot of people overhype it. They're basic lunch sandwiches on standard white bread slices or buns. Not exactly a life-changing culinary experience. IDK maybe I'm spoiled.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #16
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I've heard Tiger Woods always enjoys himself a nice fish sandwich while in Augusta but I don't see one on the menu
Master Bedroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #17
bill
Walk On

Male

bill has hatched from the shell

Quote:

I'm guessing that has something to do with the admission price being so high.

They charge people ~$1000 for a single day's ticket entrance (if I'm correct, may be wrong, but I know it's really expensive).

With it being that much just to get inside, they make the food very reasonable.
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
I'm guessing that has something to do with the admission price being so high.

They charge people ~$1000 for a single day's ticket entrance (if I'm correct, may be wrong, but I know it's really expensive).

With it being that much just to get inside, they make the food very reasonable.

Um no. That's how much third parties purchase the tickets for. If you are on the list to receive tickets the you pay a very reasonable price. It's people who aren't on the ticket list who pay exorbitant prices. That money goes to the badge holder, not the club.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:49 AM   #19
Birdwatcher
Recruit

Badges this year are $250.00 each for all four rounds. I pay $500.00 for a pair. They have been going for $3500.00 each on line. Probably dropped since Woods dropped out.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #20
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's because they have no corporate sponsors to appease. At least, that's what they told us when I worked there (not in a concession stand though).

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote