CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
garnet_black215
ecugrad
The Demise of the 3- (2222)
East Carolina Predic (1468)
Pirate Depth Chart (1322)
Why didn't Wes Green (1166)
A&M on 3rd down (569)
You guys are horribl (566)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (473)
louisville (414)
It's the offenses no (382)
All of our defensive play
East Carolina Prediction
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Watching the Georgia game
Name a Gamecock
louisville
What would be your defini
Eastern Michigan's Concre
THIS is why we don't give

Old 02-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #521
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Got to think we land Key with Rivers going to UGA and Green coming to Carolina

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #522
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Obviously because our coaches don't know how to recruit and can never land a class of pure 5 stars. I'm surprised you didn't reach that conclusion already...
You can brush it off like that if you want, but this isn't a matter of understanding a specific recruit or talent evaluation. Scheduling is a matter of common sense not specific to just football coaches. Scheduling our first junior day in late March is a mistake. It's an especially bad mistake when you look at the fact that they scheduled it on the exact same weekend as the Rivals Camp in Atlanta (which had 16 of the Rivals Top 100 players attend there last year, which should sound especially high considering these are regional camps held all over the country and only the more regional kids in that Top 100 went to the Atlanta camp versus Florida camps or elsewhere in the country).
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #523
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
You can brush it off like that if you want, but this isn't a matter of understanding a specific recruit or talent evaluation. Scheduling is a matter of common sense not specific to just football coaches. Scheduling our first junior day in late March is a mistake. It's an especially bad mistake when you look at the fact that they scheduled it on the exact same weekend as the Rivals Camp in Atlanta (which had 16 of the Rivals Top 100 players attend there last year, which should sound especially high considering these are regional camps held all over the country and only the more regional kids in that Top 100 went to the Atlanta camp versus Florida camps or elsewhere in the country).
Yea, that doesn't seem to smart....but most of the kids we "invite" are at least somewhat interested in us....some of those top 16 out of 100 may have no interest in us and don't want to attend.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #524
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Alabama's is March 1st. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I also wonder if it's a matter of getting the last chance to put in an impression in terms of Junior Days.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #525
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

He's coming next week, right?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #526
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Looks like he was on campus this weekend. Any news? Hope he'll jump back onboard

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #527
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Any word from this weekend?

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #528
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I've seen several updates over on GCC. However I don't subscribe so I didn't get to actually read them. From the accounts I've seen on Twitter though, the visit went well.

I did see pictures of him on the visit wearing a Gamecock Hat. By contrast, on his visit the week before to UGA, he was just wearing a Nike hat.

May mean nothing, but it could mean something. Know what I mean?
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #529
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I've seen several updates over on GCC. However I don't subscribe so I didn't get to actually read them. From the accounts I've seen on Twitter though, the visit went well.

I did see pictures of him on the visit wearing a Gamecock Hat. By contrast, on his visit the week before to UGA, he was just wearing a Nike hat.

His visit was the first time he's been on campus since '13. Everything went well, he met with the coaches, interacted with fans and had a blast. We're in really good position with him still. His HS coaches from Hapeville Charter came with him on the visit, and they talked with our coaches. I get the feeling that he likes the process and the attention, which is cool, he's one of the most sought after recruits in the country. He's having fun, visiting different places, listening to different people and enjoying the process, good for him. I still think when it's all said and done, he'll come to SC...unless the coaches get tired of waiting, Sawyer is on track to get here in the Spring/Summer and someone like Ferrell tells the coaches he wants to commit. (but that's a lot of variables and would all have to fall into place.)

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #530
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

He said he'd go where green goes and i think he will stay true to that
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #531
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his combInletCock1989 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
He said he'd go where green goes and i think he will stay true to that
You do realize he's 16 and that usually doesn't pan out..
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #532
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
You do realize he's 16 and that usually doesn't pan out..
When I was 16, my girlfriend said she would love me forever. She even wrote it on her notebook so it must be true.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #533
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Imop I think he comes here
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #534
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Says he knows his decision. Not a member of GCC but saw the headline on social media. Hopefully it is the Garnet and Black.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #535
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
Says he knows his decision. Not a member of GCC but saw the headline on social media. Hopefully it is the Garnet and Black.
If he makes this statement directly after his visit to us, it certainly seems like we have a good shot.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #536
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post

My beetle turned to the right when I pt him on the countertop this morning. I feel confident now.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #537
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
When I was 16, my girlfriend said she would love me forever. She even wrote it on her notebook so it must be true.
If she wrote it in bubble letters and colored it in, she was 4 realz. If it was just in like pen she's a liar and a sloot...2x over if it's in pencil.

This is high school dating 101 man, c'mon!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #538
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

BAW tweeted that he heard Key is next.

We'll see.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #539
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
But did she dot her "i"s with hearts?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #540
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

If Key commits I'll explode. This class would be amazing.