CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
doubledribble
b381l
sporkgod50
Cockypantherfan
Clowneygotcha
uscjeremynca
GamecockWarrior
RGHoskins
lindsynthesis
gotrice?
Dawn Staley add new (499)
Franks at Wimbledon (436)
USA vs Guatemala Int (304)
Fireworks Show on La (273)
Tofu (254)
Independance Day gri (169)
BBQ Musical Review f (99)
Preview of UNC
2015 NBA Offseason
Independance Day grilling
Discussion: 2016 Recruit
BBQ Musical Review for 4t
USA vs Guatemala Int'l Fr
Travon Bunch
Tofu
2016 - Seede Keita
Lady Gamecocks 2016

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #5661
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Brandon Sandifer

I see where he visited and now favors us.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #5662
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Mark Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
So happy that he commuted to us. Future star
He commutes?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #5663
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bailey Sharp

Apparently he is visiting today.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #5664
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - RayRay McCloud III

Will be on campus Saturday. The next few days could shape up to be pretty big for us in terms of recruiting.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #5665
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
He commutes?
how else would he get here?

JD
Old 04-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #5666
jrussjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 13230520
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
So happy that he commuted to us. Future star
Quote:
He commutes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
how else would he get here?

JD
Oh those silly misplaced vowels!!!

Nonetheless, I am happy that Mr. Fields has commited to our football program!!!

Old 04-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #5667
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPitInletCock1989 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Arden Key

Quote:
He said he'd go where green goes and i think he will stay true to that
You do realize he's 16 and that usually doesn't pan out..
Old 04-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #5668
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot materialhenmania is USC mascot material

Quote:
You do realize he's 16 and that usually doesn't pan out..
When I was 16, my girlfriend said she would love me forever. She even wrote it on her notebook so it must be true.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #5669
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Daniel Thompson

Quote:
Boiling Springs (S.C.) quarterback Daniel Thompson is undersized, but the brother of current USC starter Dylan Thompson makes all the throws very well and has a great competitive nature about him.
Link: https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?C...8022&PT=4&PR=2

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #5670
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Byron Cowart

Quote:
To say the least Saturday was a strong day for Seffner (Fla.) Armwood five star defensive end Byron Cowart. During one-on-one drills Cowart did not lose a rep and barely had some offensive lineman actually get their hands on him.

At last years Rivals Camp in Orlando Cowart was able to take home the defensive line MVP honors, and went back-to-back winning once again this year. He was also was invited to the Rivals Five-Star Challenge Presented by Under Armour this summer in Baltimore.

"I am glad to go back-to-back and win the MVP at both Rivals Camps that I went to," said Cowart. "I just came out here and got nasty."

On the recruiting front after taking recent visits to Florida State, Georgia and Florida, Cowart is now looking to get out West soon.

"I am just trying to get out to Oregon and USC," said Cowart of future visits. "I will probably go during our spring break. I just really want to see Oregon."

In between his hectic visit schedule the 6-foot-3, 248-pounder has spoken to many college coaches from coast to coast.

"Lately I have talked coaches from Oregon, Coach [Brad] Lawing from Florida, and then USC, Tennessee, UCLA because they just offered me, Georgia Southern also offered me, and then I have talked to LSU I haven't talked to them just yet though only on twitter."

Though Cowart has admitted in the past Alabama, Florida, USC, and Oregon are schools sticking out to him at this time, he is adamant on taking his time with the process and will not make his commitment known until next year.

"Everybody really is equal," said Cowart. "I am just going to wait it out and announce at the Under Armour Game next year. I am going to wait until after my season and then in January heading into the Under Armour game I will narrow it down before I announce."
Link: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con...sp?CID=1623482

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #5671
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - CeCe Jefferson

Quote:
Though he wasn't able to take home the defensive lineman MVP on Saturday Glen St. Mary (Fla.) Baker County five-star defensive tackle CeCe Jefferson was able to earn an invite to the Rivals Five Star Challenge Presented by Under Amrour this summer.

Though he was ecstatic about receiving the invite Jefferson stated his main reason for coming out to the camp on Saturday was really only to test his skills against the nation's best.

"I haven't camped in a while, so I am just out here trying to get back in shape and get ready for my spring practices. I am just out here to see where I am at and maybe see some familiar faces that I will see this football season."

Earlier this spring Jefferson visited Georgia, Florida State and Florida and came away impressed with what the trio have to offer. It's those three schools the 6-foot-3, 260-pounder has been in talks with lately as well.

"I have been talking to the same coaches really," explained Jefferson. "Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt at Georgia, Coach [Will] Muschamp at Florida, and coach Odell [Haggins] at Florida State. Not really much has changed they are still after me hard and I am still their number one guy and they say they need me."

In the past many people have pegged Jefferson to the Florida Gators due to his growing up a fan of the Orange & Blue. The Rivals100 big man is well aware of the rumors and didn't exactly shut the door on his fandom being a factor.

"I like it actually," said Jefferson quickly with a smile. "I am not going to say anything because I may end up at Florida and I may not. I won't let anyone make my decision for me and I like the support, but at the end of the day the decision is up to me."

Going forward Jefferson doesn't have any visits set up but named Ohio State and North Carolina as places he would like to go see.
Link: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con...sp?CID=1623482

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
Highly regarded DE CeCe Jefferson of Glen St. Mary, FL has offers from programs across the country to include USC and Clemson. Jefferson admitted that he is a little behind with recruiting and has not begun to consider narrowing his lists. He did, however, express interest in the Tigers and Gamecocks. He named Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley as two of his favorite players and, in part, credited them with his interest in the two South Carolina schools. “Obviously, Steve Spurrier has had a great career as a coach,” he said. “He has also put a lot of players in the NFL. They’re a really good program and I’m hearing a lot of good things about them so I definitely want to check them out.” His thoughts on Clemson were similar. “One of my high school coaches worked at Clemson,” Jefferson said. “He has filled me in on how things work up there and told me what a great program they have. I want to check them out as well.” Jefferson is unsure of when he will visit the Palmetto State but does plan to visit Alabama on March 1st for a junior day. He could be at Florida this Saturday for another visit. This past season saw Jefferson make every Florida home game and one Florida State game. “I’m only 45 minutes from Gainesville,” he explained. His other offers include Florida, Florida State, Miami, Southern Cal, UCLA, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Louisville, Texas, Arkansas, Notre Dame and Penn State. Jefferson added that he would like to begin narrowing his list following spring practice but gave no time frame for a decision. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rida-prospect/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #5672
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Rivals

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #5673
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

This kid has a good frame and a very strong offer sheet so probably would be a great kid to land. Given his offer sheet I'm a bit surprised he is a 3 star.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #5674
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Haha. Phones aren't as accurate as laptops
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #5675
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Imop I think he comes here
Old 04-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #5676
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Rocky Reid - Tennessee

Quote:
3/29/2014: Rocky Reid attends Junior Day at South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #5677
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Paul McKiever

Defensive Lineman from Batesburg, South Carolina

A guy to keep an eye on, per GCC.

Rivals Bio

Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #5678
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Van Jefferson

Article via 247

Quote:
WR Van Jefferson (6-2 175) of Brentwood, TN has receiving in his genes. He’s the son of former NFL star receiver Shawn Jefferson who is now an assistant coach with the Tennessee Titans.
The younger Jefferson is plowing his own trail now after a junior season of 87 catches for 1257 yards and 14 touchdowns. He has a dozen offers including Clemson and USC. The others are Penn State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Ohio State, Purdue, Ole Miss, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State and Georgia.
At this point, Jefferson holds interest in the Tigers and Gamecocks and wants to visit both as soon as possible. “Clemson has a history of receivers,” he said. “Coach Swinney and coach Morris throw the ball a lot and I know I can compete for a starting position. ”
As for USC, Jefferson said it starts with the head coach. “Coach Spurrier is a great coach. My dad always talks about him and he likes to throw the ball. I’ve seen them play in that offense and I know I can play in that offense as well.”
Jefferson has visited Ohio State, Vanderbilt and Tennessee and he’s going back to Ohio State this weekend. He plans to take more visits before trimming his list and he wants to make his decision before the season.
“I want to go somewhere where I have the coaches’ trust, where I can get to the league and good a good education,” Jefferson said.
He last talked to USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. when he called with the offer and je plans to call him this week. He last talked to Clemson recruiter Robbie Caldwell about two weeks ago.
Jefferson does not have favorites at this point.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...star-receiver/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:55 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #5679
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Zach Giella

Article via 247 for those who haven't seen it.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #5680
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Rashard Causey

Article via 247 for those that haven't seen it

Quote:
USC is keeping up the heat on DB Rashard Causey of Fort Lauderdale and that work has paid off with a set date for an unofficial visit for the spring game weekend in April. Causey had planned to visit USC January 17th but had to play in a 7 on 7 event. Causey talked with Gamecock recruiter Grady Brown last week. “He was excited saying it was my turn now,” Causey said. “I talk to coach Brown almost every day.” Causey also talks daily with former teammate and current Gamecock linebacker Skai Moore. “He’s like my big brother,” Causey said. Right now USC and Miami are tied at the top of is list with Michigan, Southern Cal and UCLA also in the mix. He plans to visit the California schools this summer. He’ll put together an official top ten list after spring.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...date-with-usc/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:12 AM..
Closed Thread