CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1642)
10-2 (1617)
UK promoting a black (1457)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (948)
Coach Gaines: " (863)
I Was Dealing With T (646)
Connor Shaw's fault. (619)
Build a New Stadium (531)
Since everyone loves (478)
Funny?
400 pasing yards
Coach Gaines: "Not m
UK promoting a blackout f
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended

Old 06-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - CeCe Jefferson

Defensive Lineman from Glen St. Mary, Florida

Offers from Arkansas, Clemson, Louisville, and North Carolina. Also list interest in USC, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, and LSU.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: CeCe Jefferson Thread (2015 Prospect)

Quote:
Florida offered 2015 defensive tackle Cece Jefferson (Glen St. Mary, Fla./Baker County) after Saturday’s mini camp.
Link: http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports....ssion-1/?tc=ar

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 07-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: CeCe Jefferson Thread (2015 Prospect)

Article via MP

Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - CeCe Jefferson

Quote:
The 6-foot-2, 255-pound defensive tackle with borderline special quickness and explosiveness lined up at defensive end, middle linebacker and wildcat quarterback as a sophomore; dominating at every spot. Jefferson is not only explosively quick, but is also blessed with plus change of direction for his size and elite overall agility and athletic ability. He has early offers from Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Auburn, Clemson and others.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Shy-Tut...L-class-124148

Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
One of the very best defensive line prospects in the class of 2015 is end CeCe Jefferson (Glen St. Mary, Fla./Baker County). The 6-foot-2, 253-pounder with broad shoulder, long arms and an engaging personality is uber impressive at first glance and conversation, but to those who see him daily -- he's even on another level.

Baker County head coach Ryan Sulkowski has seen his seen his fair share of top prospects whether it be at Hargrave Military Academy or at Clemson, and Jefferson fits the bill.

"Phenominal," Sulkowski said. "Looking at the way he plays, what he does on the field, the way he controls the game; all of it. We were a mediocre football team talent wise, and that's why we had to put him on offense in addition to defense.

When he was on offense, we saw a transformation and he made the offense go like he makes the defense go. He's one of those kids that other kids gravitate towards, they look up to him and he does a good job leading them. He just has that personality"

Jefferson, who has more than 30 sacks in two seasons as he chases the national high school sack record, projects as an end with the versatility and physicality to play anywhere along a four man front.

"We are still looking at him to probably keep putting weight on, keep growing and as much as I want to say people are looking for taller defensive ends, I want to to say he can end up playing anywhere along the front four,” Sulkowski said. “That's where he has a passion to play, and he's a defensive lineman all the way. Probably a five technique. He does so well in one-on-one situations with tackles.”

While Jefferson is definitely a good athlete for his size and can dominate in that manner on the high school level, it's his advanced understanding of how to use his hands and leverage that sets him apart.

"(Jefferson) uses his hands, and understands leverage,” Sulkowski said. “I think that is where you lack in high school football. He can take that inside hand and press on a tackle. He just understands the leverage points. He's also quick off the ball with a quick first step.”

The Baker County staff fully understood what they had in Jefferson two years ago, and have made sure it was known to college staffs early on the type of talent they have on their hands.

"We are Baker County,” Sulkowski said. “We are a small community and not really publicized. We knew he was going to be a starter as a freshman. When we saw what he did as a freshman against some rally talented players, we sent his tape off to Maxpreps for their freshman All-America team, and he was picked. With recruiting the way it is now, you have to find them early and we have to help ours in that way. Now it's a common location that colleges are coming to.”

Sulkowski said Jefferson takes the offers and success in stride, and with humility.

"Kids gravitate to him. The teachers love him. He knows when to be serious, and when he can joke; and he's a funny kid. We all enjoy speaking to him, as does everyone in our community. He treats people with respect."

On the recruiting front, Ohio State offered Friday and USF Monday. At this point, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Ole Miss and Tennessee stand out. This summer, he will likely make unofficial visits to South Carolina, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Alabama, Mississippi State and others.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-D...ad-trip-130058

Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
When looking ahead to 2015 state rankings in Florida, two guys high on that list will be defensive linemen Byron Cowart and CeCe Jefferson.

Those two competed at Friday Night Lights and they looked like best friends, but they actually only communicated with each other about 48 hours ago.

"We were together a lot tonight and we had a good time competing and hanging out, but we actually talked for the first time on Twitter two days ago," said a smiling Jefferson.

"We have talked a good bit since then, we got to know each other more tonight, and it was cool being out here with him."

There is a lot of chatter about Cowart's interest in the Gators and how UF is the school to beat, so could the two elite juniors be thinking about playing together on the next level?

"Maybe," Jefferson said with laugh. "That is a possibility and something that could happen, but we will just have to see. I like Florida and he likes Florida, but I also like schools like Alabama and some others and I am sure he likes other schools too."

Both Cowart and Jefferson were extremely impressive on the field tonight. They got a lot of attention from Muschamp towards the end of the event and Florida is going hard after both.

The two were almost inseparable much of Friday night, so quick look ahead to the future? Neither tipped their hand too much, but both appear to have very high interest in the Gators.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1310482.html

Old 02-05-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Jefferson is a guy that is fast on the edge and is a terrific pass rusher. He is so quick off the ball. Add that with his speed and quickness on the perimeter and he’s difficult to handle. Jefferson had a very good junior season and could very well make a push for the top spot in the state. Defensive ends with his kind of get off and speed around the corner are too hard to come by.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1371274.html

Old 02-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Apparently has a coach who worked for Clemson (no idea who it is or in what capacity) but seems to think highly of USC. Seems to visit UF alot but it's really close so that may be the reason why.

"Jefferson admitted that he is a little behind with recruiting and has not begun to consider narrowing his lists. He did, however, express interest in the Tigers and Gamecocks. He named Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley as two of his favorite players and, in part, credited them with his interest in the two South Carolina schools. “Obviously, Steve Spurrier has had a great career as a coach,” he said. “He has also put a lot of players in the NFL. They’re a really good program and I’m hearing a lot of good things about them so I definitely want to check them out.”

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rida-prospect/
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talons

Winning cures all
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
efferson, now No. 7 overall, has been a dominant high school player in the Sunshine State for years and has been a five-star prospect according to 247Sports for some time. Now, the rest of the industry is starting to see what we did- big-time motor, elite quickness and a warrior’s mentality on the field. Jefferson is an early Crystal Ball prediction to Florida at 100 percent. The Gators have a lot of these (prospects predicted to them early) and are a program to watch in terms of being in contention for the top class for this cycle.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Trent-T...or-2015-177880

Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Though he wasn't able to take home the defensive lineman MVP on Saturday Glen St. Mary (Fla.) Baker County five-star defensive tackle CeCe Jefferson was able to earn an invite to the Rivals Five Star Challenge Presented by Under Amrour this summer.

Though he was ecstatic about receiving the invite Jefferson stated his main reason for coming out to the camp on Saturday was really only to test his skills against the nation's best.

"I haven't camped in a while, so I am just out here trying to get back in shape and get ready for my spring practices. I am just out here to see where I am at and maybe see some familiar faces that I will see this football season."

Earlier this spring Jefferson visited Georgia, Florida State and Florida and came away impressed with what the trio have to offer. It's those three schools the 6-foot-3, 260-pounder has been in talks with lately as well.

"I have been talking to the same coaches really," explained Jefferson. "Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt at Georgia, Coach [Will] Muschamp at Florida, and coach Odell [Haggins] at Florida State. Not really much has changed they are still after me hard and I am still their number one guy and they say they need me."

In the past many people have pegged Jefferson to the Florida Gators due to his growing up a fan of the Orange & Blue. The Rivals100 big man is well aware of the rumors and didn't exactly shut the door on his fandom being a factor.

"I like it actually," said Jefferson quickly with a smile. "I am not going to say anything because I may end up at Florida and I may not. I won't let anyone make my decision for me and I like the support, but at the end of the day the decision is up to me."

Going forward Jefferson doesn't have any visits set up but named Ohio State and North Carolina as places he would like to go see.
Link: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con...sp?CID=1623482

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
Highly regarded DE CeCe Jefferson of Glen St. Mary, FL has offers from programs across the country to include USC and Clemson. Jefferson admitted that he is a little behind with recruiting and has not begun to consider narrowing his lists. He did, however, express interest in the Tigers and Gamecocks. He named Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley as two of his favorite players and, in part, credited them with his interest in the two South Carolina schools. “Obviously, Steve Spurrier has had a great career as a coach,” he said. “He has also put a lot of players in the NFL. They’re a really good program and I’m hearing a lot of good things about them so I definitely want to check them out.” His thoughts on Clemson were similar. “One of my high school coaches worked at Clemson,” Jefferson said. “He has filled me in on how things work up there and told me what a great program they have. I want to check them out as well.” Jefferson is unsure of when he will visit the Palmetto State but does plan to visit Alabama on March 1st for a junior day. He could be at Florida this Saturday for another visit. This past season saw Jefferson make every Florida home game and one Florida State game. “I’m only 45 minutes from Gainesville,” he explained. His other offers include Florida, Florida State, Miami, Southern Cal, UCLA, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Louisville, Texas, Arkansas, Notre Dame and Penn State. Jefferson added that he would like to begin narrowing his list following spring practice but gave no time frame for a decision. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rida-prospect/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:30 AM.