CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rnecavs07
cockymac
HeadCockFan
GamecockInHell
doubledribble
kick_ball
Jbsc88
acejrock
CockyCody
TigerSpectator
Preseason top 25 pol (905)
Arkansas to Big XII? (699)
Roy D Mercer (379)
Most important posit (326)
UFC 190: Ronda Rouse (292)
Building cars in 191 (157)
Drive cross-country (114)
The Official 2015 Atlanta
Most important position i
5 stars
SC Pro Am is back
2015 Connor Mitch
Spurrier/Media Golf Outin
Premier League 2015-2016
Preseason top 25 polls re
UFC 190: Ronda Rousey vs
2016 - Javon Kinlaw

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #5721
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jake Fruhmorgen

Quote:
OL Jake Fruhmorgen of Tampa now has a three way decision to make. He was down to Clemson and Florida, with the Tigers 55-45 favorites, before visiting Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame last week. Of those three, Michigan made the greatest impression and is now a finalist. He is going to make his decision known next week tentatively Wednesday at a school press conference.
“It was the players, the coaches, facilities, the tradition, the stadium,” Fruhmorgen’s father John cited as reasons for the Wolverines catching his son’s attention. “He got a good feel for the program. They’ve been recruiting him aggressively the last few months.”
John Fruhmorgen, however, still feels Clemson is the team to beat based on what he knows. “My guess would be yes, but kids are funny.”
Jake Fruhmorgen has been in touch with Clemson recruiter Tony Elliott since his return home late Sunday.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...cision-coming/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #5722
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Traveon Samuel

Wow dropped Clemson and added us. Looks like a playmaker
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #5723
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bailey Sharp

Quote:
OL Bailey Sharp (6-6 300) of Marietta, GA spent Thursday at USC and though he doesn’t yet have an official top five, he plans to have USC in it when he puts it together. Clemson also will be in that top five.
Sharp arrived at USC around 10:00 AM and left around 6:00 PM. He spent the day with recruiter GA Mangus and line coach Shawn Elliott. “It was a very good experience to see the campus and meet the coaching staff,” Sharp said. “It’s a beautiful campus, has a great academic center and very good coaches. I really like coach Elliott’s coaching style.”
Sharp has also seen Clemson, Notre Dame, Louisville, Auburn, Georgia, Alabama and Georgia Tech and he’s going back to Auburn this Saturday. He has nearly 30 offers and plans to narrow his list to 6-7 schools going into his season. He will take some official visits and make his decision after the season.
Sharp has a good relationship with Clemson and thinks highly of the Tigers. “Coach Swinney is a very young coach and high energy, and I love high energy coaches. Coach Caldwell is an old country boy and a real cool guy to hang out with.”
Sharp is an admitted Auburn fan but he’s trying not to let his childhood dreams interfere with the more pressing issue of making a wise, adult decision about college. “I grew up an Auburn fan but that’s not a very big factor,” he said. “I’m looking for a great education, a family based team and a good football team as well. You want to look for schools that fit you best.”
Sharp’s father played center at Southern Miss where he snapped to Brett Favre. Sharp’s dad is taller than he is and his coach at Sprayberry projects that he could grow to be a 6-8 offensive tackle.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-his-top-five/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-04-2014, 01:22 AM   #5724
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Michael Barnett

Quote:
DE Michael Barnett of Woodland took in Tuesday’s practice at USC and he left Columbia with the Gamecocks still outside his current top five.
“It was pretty good,” he said of the visit. “I was just looking at the football facilities. Can’t deny the fact that South Carolina is beautiful. But it (the visit) didn’t really do anything, didn’t change anything. They’re still outside the top five.
Barnett talked to recruiter Everette Sands along with defensive line coach Deke Adams and defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward while there. “They just want me to get back up there for a school day so they can show me the broadcasting school,” said Barnett who wants to major in broadcasting. “They said they are going to recruit me hard. Coach Adams and coach Sands said they will be at my spring practice.”
Barnett said he has no other visits planned right now but wants to get to Georgia over his spring break.
His top five remains NC State, North Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Florida State in no order. And he said he still has high interest in Clemson. He talked with the Tigers last week and hopes to visit there over the summer. Barnett, who once was committed to Virginia Tech, said he will not be making an early decision this time.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rent-top-five/

Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 AM   #5725
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Mike Hughes

Quote:
DB Mike Hughes (5-10 180) of New Bern, NC is a major target of USC and Clemson and both are in good standing with him at this point his coach said Wednesday.
“He’s been impressed with Clemson and South Carolina, they were one of the first one to come in and offer,” coach Bobby Curlings said. “They have been real consistent in being here when you can be here and calling when you can call. He’s been real appreciative of the way they have been recruiting him.”
Both like Hughes as a cornerback. Hughes has been to USC and will try to get to Clemson. He also has visited North Carolina, NC State and Florida. He was in Raleigh Wednesday night for the North Carolina basketball game. Two of his former teammates go to State.
The previously mentioned five schools have offered along with Ole Miss, Virginia, East Carolina, Virginia Tech, Charlotte, Louisville, Wake Forest, Duke and Texas A&M. “He’s still wide open,” his coach said. “I don’t think he knows (about favorites). If it’s in-state, it’s going to between NC State and North Carolina, out of state its South Carolina or Clemson. Just listening to him talk, those four are in the top five, and I’m not sure on a fifth one.”
Hughes is a tremendous athlete who played quarterback last season. He passed for over 2000 yards and 15 touchdowns and rushed for 1500 yards and 23 touchdowns. He also plays receiver and returns punts and kicks. He’s also a punter and averaged over 42 yards per punt last season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...h-carolina-db/

Old 04-04-2014, 01:24 AM   #5726
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Will Brunson

Quote:
With his senior season around the corner, QB Will Brunson of Carolina Forest understands the importance of camps this summer. He has several in mind. Brunson has been hearing from Duke for some time and is showing a lot of interest in the Blue Devils. It is one of the camps he plans to attend.
“I like Duke a lot,” he said. “I am definitely going to camp there. I still have to talk to my dad but we have several schools in mind.” One of those is Cincinnati. “They just called me recently and told me how much they want me to come up for a camp,” Brunson said. He was confident that Cincinnati will be one of his destinations this summer. He also mentioned USC, East Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky as probable locations. Brunson has not received his first offer and wants to use these camps as an opportunity to showcase his skills.
Before the summer arrives, Brunson plans to attend as many spring practices as possible including USC and Tennessee. He does not have a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ss-recruiters/

Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #5727
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - K.J. Hill

Quote:
Steve Spurrier’s body of work as a collegiate head coach has WR KJ Hill (6-0 180) of North Little Rock, AK interested in USC. The Gamecocks have offered along with Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, Arkansas State, Texas Tech, Georgia, Oklahoma and Penn State among others.
Hill wants to take all five of his official visits prior to announcing a decision and says he does not have any favorites. He did say, however, he has the Gamecocks high on his meter.
“They got coach Spurrier there and I’ve been watching him for a long time,” Hill said. “I like his offense and I think I could fit in there. He has put a lot of players in the NFL. It’s a place I think I could develop and get to the next level.”
Hill named Georgia, Oklahoma State, and Alabama as other schools he likes. “The first thing I’m going to look at (in a program) is the offense they run,” he said. “I want to go somewhere that can help me develop as a player and as a man and, hopefully, help me play on Sundays.”
Hill has plans to visit USC, Alabama and Notre Dame this spring but says nothing is concrete adding, “I have an aunt that lives in North Carolina. I’m going to talk to here and see if I can work something out to visit South Carolina this spring.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-this-spring/

Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #5728
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Shaq Crouch

Quote:
East Carolina is the first school to offer OL Shaq Crouch (6-5 333) of Johnsonville according to his coach Lewis Lineburger. Several other schools continue to show a lot of interest in Crouch including Clemson, USC, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, NC State and North Carolina.
As for Crouch’s interest level in the Pirates, Lineburger said, “He’s definitely interested in them now. We’re going to try and get him up there for their spring game.”
Crouch told Palmetto Sports that USC is his favorite. Coach Lineburger believes that Crouch will likely attend camps at Clemson and USC this spring. “He is definitely a D1 talent,”
Lineburger said. Crouch participates in basketball and track during the off-season so his visits this spring will be determined by his availability.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-major-offer/

Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #5729
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Carl Tucker, Jr.

Quote:
It has been some time since ATH Carl Tucker Jr. of Cornelius, NC has heard from Clemson. The Tigers have offered but Tucker says he has not communicated with the coaches recently. “I’m not really sure what is going on there,” he said.
“I’m still interested in them. I’m interested in every team that offers me.”
Tucker carries five offers; Clemson, Tennessee, Wake Forest, East Carolina and North Carolina with interest from Penn State. The lack of contact with Clemson as the Tigers dropping down his list of favorites behind Tennessee, North Carolina and Wake Forest in that order. His junior day visit to Tennessee solidified the Volunteers lead for his services. “I felt loved there,” Tucker said.
“I liked how it worked and I got a chance to see what it looks like, you know, besides the stadium. It went very well and my parents and I enjoyed spending time there.”
He has also visited North Carolina where he saw his first basketball game in Chapel Hill. “I’m a big Chapel Hill fan in basketball so to see the Duke-(North) Carolina game in person was pretty special,” he said.
Tucker plans to visit the two schools again this spring and is waiting to hear from Clemson to gauge their interest level.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...gers-interest/

Old 04-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #5730
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Austin Bryant

Quote:
The latest to offer DE Austin Bryant (6-5 248) of Thomasville, GA is USC. Bryant was scheduled to visit Clemson over the weekend but was unable to make the trip. He says he will work on rescheduling the visit.
As for the Gamecocks, Bryant was excited about the offer. “Coach (Kirk) Botkin offered me last week,” he said. “He’s been telling me they want to get me up there for a visit. I like South Carolina. They have produced a lot of NFL defensive linemen and they have a really good defensive coaching staff.” Bryant would like to visit Columbia this spring.
As for Clemson, Bryant said, “They’re basically telling me I can play early. They’re graduating a lot of defensive linemen and they think I would fit in their 4-3 scheme well.”
He last visited Florida State and may have another trip this weekend, though he did not divulge the location.
Bryant’s offers include Clemson, USC, Florida State, Georgia, Alabama, UCLA, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, NC State, Kentucky, Penn State, Vanderbilt and Stanford.
He does not have any favorites but is looking to narrow his list to ten this summer. “I don’t think I’ll make a final decision until late in the season or next winter though,” Bryant said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...defensive-end/

Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #5731
pitchcock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29794095
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Nice to see the big guy plays basketball, shows he's got some athletic skills. I think Shell was also a basketball player.

Kind of odd we haven't shot him an offer, hopefully he doesn't have problems qualifying and we just want to see him in a camp environment.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #5732
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Another Shaq? F**k it, why not, come on down.
Yeah, but at least this one ain't a receiver... :)

Old 04-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #5733
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Rashad Roundtree

I believe he'd be able to see the field as a freshman here
Old 04-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #5734
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Auden Tate

I saw c2 mention this guy in another thread. I'm guessing we lead
Old 04-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #5735
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Adam McLean

Wondering how long it will be before he commits here
Old 04-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #5736
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

He is going to commit to Penn State.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #5737
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

Man... I won't doubt you c2. Sure hoped he would've came here
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #5738
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
He is going to commit to Penn State.
Damn. He must be attracted to their colorful uniforms!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #5739
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Reminds me of Chaz elder
Size wise I agree. He's listed as a CB but looks like he could grow into a safety.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #5740
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

I don't know what our chances are here, but I love that Grady Brown is getting us involved with recruits in South Florida.
Closed Thread