CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
aftertwobowls
SR4-AJ1
803scdantes
Cockypantherfan
PageUSC
roosterdude21
The Yancey
LegalCock
B-G
The Vent and Coachin (5577)
Disturbing comments (2520)
does anybody think w (2096)
2015 schedule is bru (1529)
UF lets Durkin go (1418)
2015 Early Enrollees (1168)
The U ends apparel d (555)
Bobo to Colorado St? (552)
Women's bb result - (383)
Keeping it all in pe (290)
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC Women vs. Hampton G
2015 Signee - Marquavius
SOS...a day late & do
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
Bo Pelini headed to Young
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Ulric Jones
Brad Lawing USC / Florida
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 01-29-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 Commitment - Damon Arnette

Quote:
1/23/2014: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Damon Arnette
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 12:20 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

Kornblut updates since NSD:

Quote:
USC secondary coach Grady Brown has gone back down to South Florida to seek out more help and he’s made an offer to DB Damon Arnette (6-2 185) of Fort Lauderdale. What makes Arnette an interesting story is he’s never played cornerback before but that will be his position moving forward. He played receiver last season but stood out a corner at a camp in December and things have taken off for him. The Gamecocks offered along with Florida State, Hawaii, Indiana and Kentucky. He’s also hearing from Miami, Wake Forest, Michigan State and Central Florida. “Coach Brown is very helpful with this whole recruiting process,” Arnette said. “He tells me they really want me up there and I can help South Carolina a lot. He sees a lot of potential in me and he wants to be my coach. He likes my aggression and my size.” Arnette has not been to USC but plans to camp there June 13th. He did go to Miami’s junior day. He’s not claiming favorites right now. “My mind is open.” He could have a decision around the end of the school year or by the end of summer.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...south-florida/

Quote:
Last month, USC assistant Grady Brown extended an offer to DB Damon Arnette of Fort Lauderdale. Since then, the two have become closer. Arnette said he talks to Brown on a regular basis and is looking forward to visiting Columbia in a few weeks.
“I have built a pretty good relationship with coach Brown and some of the other coaches,” Arnette said. “I am getting close to those guys. From what I can tell, (USC) is a great program and they always seem to be near the top. They’re always rebuilding but they keep winning.”
Arnette said his spring break begins April 17th and he will take a road trip to visit several schools. On that trip, he plans to visit USC, Ole Miss, Florida State, Georgia and possibly Kentucky.
Ole Miss and Miami-OH are the latest to offer Arnette joining USC, Indiana, Hawaii, Florida State and Kentucky.
He is not sure of the exact date that he will visit USC nor does he have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #3
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Reminds me of Chaz elder
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Reminds me of Chaz elder
Size wise I agree. He's listed as a CB but looks like he could grow into a safety.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I don't know what our chances are here, but I love that Grady Brown is getting us involved with recruits in South Florida.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Evan Flood, Wisconsin 247 publisher, with a CB to USC.

I really want this guy. Not many 6'2 corners out there that can run.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Will get a huge bump in the next ratings update
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Another CB to USC .. This one from the 247 Publisher.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

This is also an important school to get a player from. I hope Arnette jumps on board soon.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

If we can beat out the defending national champs for this guy, wow

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #11
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPitJDStud6 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
This is also an important school to get a player from. I hope Arnette jumps on board soon.
QFT!

We need to get some guys from that school. One of the best pipelines we could start!

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #12
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

C2 picked him as as a kid likely to be in our 2015 class.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Another CB for USC today.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:25 AM   #14
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

This is one of those players I will gladly take regardless of how many teams go elsewhere. He has a perfect frame and perfect athleticism.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Another CB this morning.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #16
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Same school as Al Harris, Jr. correct? Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Chris Nee with a CB for USC. That's big bc he covers recruiting in the state of Florida.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #18
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

9/9 CB projections to USC. I've said it before and I will say it again.... we need to keep getting players from St. Thomas Aquinas as it is one of Florida's powerhouse teams. Damon's blend of size and athleticism is really intriguing and with the right coaches (our coaches of course) he could develop into a very good DB.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #19
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

He's a guy that can play any place in the backfield. I like that
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #20
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
9/9 CB projections to USC. I've said it before and I will say it again.... we need to keep getting players from St. Thomas Aquinas as it is one of Florida's powerhouse teams. Damon's blend of size and athleticism is really intriguing and with the right coaches (our coaches of course) he could develop into a very good DB.
At 6-2, if he continued to build up weight, he could even be moved to the Spur/LB spot.