CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
Badazcock
gamecockgal
WeStillOwnUSC
ccured
Order 66
Regalcock
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
snruter amabon
Can it get any bette (1480)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1388)
Boo This Man... (1003)
georgia rewind... (784)
Stadium improvement (544)
Doniyah Cliney to si (530)
Stay focus (468)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (419)
Gameday in Columbia (376)
Where to Watch the G (282)
Why we'll dominate Clemso
2016 - Collin Hill
2014-15 Premier League se
Gameday in Columbia
Boo This Man...
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Winston
Well, as it turns out, we
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Stay focus

Old 04-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #21
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cockfighting in SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
We need to legalize cockfighting in SC..
Old 04-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #22
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I am all for repealing laws that interfere with individual liberty. How does it hurt anyone if two other people agree to let their roosters fight? If someone does not wish to see a cockfight, just don't go to one.

Does this logic apply in other situations?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #23
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am all for repealing laws that interfere with individual liberty. How does it hurt anyone if two other people agree to let their roosters fight? If someone does not wish to see a cockfight, just don't go to one.
By your logic, if I want to murder you I should be able to since otherwise it would interfere with my individual liberty.

^required reading in the South
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #24
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Would the roosters be able to unionize and get paid?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think the chickens are the ones that should be allowed to fight. Any animal we slaughter for food should have the chance to fight their lives.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #26
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 377990384
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think the chickens are the ones that should be allowed to fight. Any animal we slaughter for food should have the chance to fight their lives.
Hell yea! Give the cattle and farm animals weapons! Make it fair!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #27
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Would the roosters be able to unionize and get paid?
We haven't even legalized it yet and you already wanna go ruin it.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #28
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Because we are a democracy, people voted for this so if you want to continue to see cockfights, go to Thailand.
Yea but in Thailand it's illegal to play football(too violent and it promotes gambling).
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #29
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
Saw it in the Philippines bc its every where and like a national sport. However, I want us to support it in no way. We already have a few things that tarnish our school and state.

Yup, its even carried on television there........In my 5 years living their I never went to a match....Will have to change that when I go back to visit.

Gapo
Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #30
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Jacksonville State vs. South Carolina. "The Cockfight."

I like it.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't cockfighting legal in one state? IIRC, it is (or was) Louisiana.

Edit: Was Louisiana, it became illegal there back in 08.'
Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #31
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Because we are a democracy, people voted for this so if you want to continue to see cockfights, go to Thailand.
We are a Constitutional Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Does this logic apply in other situations?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes View Post
By your logic, if I want to murder you I should be able to since otherwise it would interfere with my individual liberty.
Directly contradicts my logic. I said if it doesn't hurt anyone, two people should be able to agree. Murdering me hurts. Cockfighting doesn't. See the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
i found this moral compass online, feel free to use it.

I didn't say I found cockfighting moral. In fact, I personally find it morally repugnant. However, I should not be able to stop two other free human beings from letting their roosters fight because of my personal feelings on the subject.

Shaq Attack

Last edited by yazoo; 04-07-2014 at 05:37 AM.
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #32
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks and Canes
Quote:
Directly contradicts my logic. I said if it doesn't hurt anyone, two people should be able to agree. Murdering me hurts. Cockfighting doesn't. See the difference.-yazoo
Not if he murders you in a humane way, it shouldn't hurt at all. Which leads us back to the thread, cockfighting with live roosters is inhumane. No difference than dog fighting.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 AM   #33
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Well to be fair, the chickens in the Philippines live better than many people and at least they eat them after they die. I feel like if it happened here that they would just be thrown in the garbage and then everyone would head to KFC for dinner.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #34
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
Well to be fair, the chickens in the Philippines live better than many people and at least they eat them after they die. I feel like if it happened here that they would just be thrown in the garbage and then everyone would head to KFC for dinner.

This reminded me of those people who justified slavery as saying "yeah, but my ancestors were the GOOD slave owners that treated their slaves well!"
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #35
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
This reminded me of those people who justified slavery as saying "yeah, but my ancestors were the GOOD slave owners that treated their slaves well!"
Hahahaha. However, chickens are food and arent asked to crow crops and be violated by politicians. Again, not in favor of cockfighting. Just discussing how other cultures do and how its part of their culture.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #36
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

not sure if serious
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #37
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Old 04-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #38
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Did you know that it was legal all the way up till 2007 in Louisiana?
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #39
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
We are a Constitutional Republic.
Both of our answers are correct, and the base of our government is a Democracy, the people vote who represents their states, and our country.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #40
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

My birds are angry. I only feed them cocaine ......and chicken.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote