CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
thekob
Master Bedroom
CockyRyan
Gamecocks1137
Captain9Dragons
USCBASEBALL1
COCKYTALKIN
B-G
Clemson Recruiting.. (4113)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1693)
Ranking the Opposing (1610)
Not a Rival.. (1226)
Gamecock Coaches as (1023)
Hello Gamecocks! (654)
John Rocker at rock (610)
Marching band (574)
Muschamp + fan = win (259)
Section 16 (234)
2015 - Mon Denson
Please Post Over/Under Wi
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
Clemson Recruiting...how
So what do you do with 18
Question about tailgating
My predictions for 2014
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
Section 16
Marching band

Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
SECgamecock453
Glory Glory Man United

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default South Park: The Stick of Truth

Just picked it up for the 360 today.. haven't played it but it looks hilariously awesome.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

They actually made this game? I thought that was just a joke at the end of the third episode of the Black Friday arc.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
They actually made this game? I thought that was just a joke at the end of the third episode of the Black Friday arc.
It's been in production for about 4 years, much longer than those episodes. The joke about games not coming out on time was an in-joke referring to their own game. It's hilarious though. It looks exactly like an episode, and the jokes are top notch. Matt and Trey were EXTREMELY hands on in the making of this game, thus the constant delays until it was perfect. The only complaint is the length of the game. You can finished all the quests and side quests in around 12-15 hours. The game is worth it though, very funny and fun to play.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
SECgamecock453
Glory Glory Man United

Male

SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit

IGN gave it a 9/10 and average of all review scores is around 80/100.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #5
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
It's been in production for about 4 years, much longer than those episodes. The joke about games not coming out on time was an in-joke referring to their own game. It's hilarious though. It looks exactly like an episode, and the jokes are top notch. Matt and Trey were EXTREMELY hands on in the making of this game, thus the constant delays until it was perfect. The only complaint is the length of the game. You can finished all the quests and side quests in around 12-15 hours. The game is worth it though, very funny and fun to play.
Interesting. Might have to check it out.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:36 AM   #6
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
May have to dust off the 360 for this one....glad it finally got released.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 AM   #7
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

It's a legit turn based type RPG that is pretty fun so far. Must have for South Park/RPG fans.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
SECgamecock453
Glory Glory Man United

Male

It's so awesome and funny... played for about 3 hours straight last night.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Just bought this today...quite possibly the greatest game in the ultraverse.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #10
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
The only complaint is the length of the game. You can finished all the quests and side quests in around 12-15 hours.
Now granted, I'm walking around and looking in every nook & cranny (because it's SOUTH PARK, man!!!), but this game is way over 12-15 hours of gameplay. I've probably got 12+ in it right now (been playing it nonstop since yesterday at lunch when I picked it up) and I just now got to the "second act" (no spoilers).

Old 04-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

sounds like a great game... for an xbox 360. And I love South Park. But I am still waiting for a game to come out that I feel like I have to have before a buy a next gen.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

oh wait, so y'all are saying they really did make it for th 360? OOPs. I guess I better dust that thing off and buy that game.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #13
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
sounds like a great game... for an xbox 360. And I love South Park. But I am still waiting for a game to come out that I feel like I have to have before a buy a next gen.
It's a very, very good game for 360/ps3...and honestly, other than depth (which, I'm not sure was in the cards) and lack of loading time, there would be no benefit to a next gen version. It looks exactly like the show.

As for next gen games...well, that's probably for a different thread, but titanfall (really fun), dead rising 3 (a bazillion zombies on-screen at any given time), nba2k14 (for the added visuals/animations), and battlefield 4 (for the 64-player goodness as opposed to last gen; though ps4 probably isn't the best choice here...not because of the console itself, just because of the instability of that title on that platform) -- those would be great choices and a reason to go next-gen IMO.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 AM   #14
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
oh wait, so y'all are saying they really did make it for th 360? OOPs. I guess I better dust that thing off and buy that game.
Yes. It's only on 360/ps3.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:13 AM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
It's a very, very good game for 360/ps3...and honestly, other than depth (which, I'm not sure was in the cards) and lack of loading time, there would be no benefit to a next gen version. It looks exactly like the show.

As for next gen games...well, that's probably for a different thread, but titanfall (really fun), dead rising 3 (a bazillion zombies on-screen at any given time), nba2k14 (for the added visuals/animations), and battlefield 4 (for the 64-player goodness as opposed to last gen; though ps4 probably isn't the best choice here...not because of the console itself, just because of the instability of that title on that platform) -- those would be great choices and a reason to go next-gen IMO.

The thing is, that I am not really huge fan of Shooter games. I am more an RPG guy, I don't want to pay monthly for ESO when I have and never actually beaten all the other ES games. Destiny, I know is a shooter but intrigues me because it reminds me a little of Fallout, with a lot of exploration. It is not due out until sept. The Game I am REALLY wanting to play is The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, but it just got pushed back to Feb. 2015.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I just farted on Jesus. This game rulz.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #17
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I beat it...completed all but two side quests. I probably had 20-25 hours in it, but I took my time and just enjoyed being in the south park world.

Hope they make another one...one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played (being a big south park fan).

Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

I decided I am keeping my 360. I will get a PS4 eventually. Waiting for a few games though. The Witcher 3. Destiny, FF15, Wolfenstein.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #19
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just farted on Jesus. This game rulz.

It's going to be hard to explain this post at the Pearly Gates. ...
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #20
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
It's going to be hard to explain this post at the Pearly Gates. ...
Hahaha. Not really...I'm sure any being capable of all of creation has mastered the art of humor. ;)