CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
The Yancey
NinjaSven
ESPN Game Day Commen (1461)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1321)
Simple "yes&quo (1310)
Phil Steele just pre (975)
The Comeback & T (764)
TeMarcus Blanton (591)
Garcia: Change the R (579)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Wallpaper & Back (239)
Instrumental Music ( (167)
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Anybody just have that &q
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock
Madrid vs Barca
Where in Seattle
Bama @ Tennessee
Remember, SEC is weird

Old 03-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #41
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Zack Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
This kid is all cl3ms5n

JD
Things change in recruiting all the time. BAW grew up a uga fan, Wesley Green really liked clemson until he saw us smash them 2 years ago, and DJ Smith was the same. I'm sure he'll watch us whoop the taters for the 6th time and come to the garnet conclusion himself.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #42
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Things change in recruiting all the time. BAW grew up a uga fan, Wesley Green really liked clemson until he saw us smash them 2 years ago, and DJ Smith was the same. I'm sure he'll watch us whoop the taters for the 6th time and come to the garnet conclusion himself.
I agree anything is possible. But it's much more likely that people who grew up big fans aren't going to change.

Otherwise we would have had AJ Green, Tramel Terry, etc

I hope we get him, but doubt it

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #43
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

I think Clemson has 3 higher rated tackles that they feel like they have an excellent shat at getting,so maybe he gets his feelings hurt and looks closer at Carolina.The engineering thing is going to be big as well.His father moved from Washington state with Boeing is some type of engineer.The son wants to study that as well.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #44
engr78
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
engr78 has earned his spursengr78 has earned his spursengr78 has earned his spursengr78 has earned his spursengr78 has earned his spursengr78 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
I think Clemson has 3 higher rated tackles that they feel like they have an excellent shat at getting,so maybe he gets his feelings hurt and looks closer at Carolina.The engineering thing is going to be big as well.His father moved from Washington state with Boeing is some type of engineer.The son wants to study that as well.
Thanks to Darla Moore, USC has the aerospace engineering program now. Hopefully, that is a plus for the good guys.
engr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #45
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

TheBigSpur's Wes Mitchell has changed his crystal ball prediction today from Clemson to USC. Clemson is still the overwhelming favorite, however....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #46
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
We know they have Hyatt and Noah Green.
I think they are also very high on Jake Fruhmorgan out of FL and Venzell Boulware out of GA...if they land one or both of those, I'd expect Bailey to come to Carolina.

Of course, if we get Giella, McGirt to go with Lemeiux I could see Bailey playing guard in the future.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #47
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Coach Elliott is building a good relationship with Bailey as he does with most of his OL. I think he will be the reason Bailey ends up at USC. Elliott also likes Bailey as both a Tackle and Guard.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #48
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
We know they have Hyatt and Noah Green.
I think they are also very high on Jake Fruhmorgan out of FL and Venzell Boulware out of GA...if they land one or both of those, I'd expect Bailey to come to Carolina.

Of course, if we get Giella, McGirt to go with Lemeiux I could see Bailey playing guard in the future.
Hyatt might be flipping to Auburn though
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #49
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I've read elsewhere that new 2015 baseball commit TJ Hopkins, 2016 baseball commit Sawyer Bridges, and Bailey are very close friends...
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #50
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Hyatt might be flipping to Auburn though
Was April Fools joke Im pretty sure.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #51
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
Was April Fools joke Im pretty sure.
Well it was more hope than anything
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #52
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
OL Zack Bailey of Summerville brought his parents to Columbia Friday for their first in person look at USC. Bailey had been to USC before but he wants his parents to also see the schools recruiting him up close, so Friday was that chance to meet with recruiter Everette Sands and get the tour.
“They hadn’t been to any schools so far so it was important for me to get them up there so they can see the campus and stuff like that too,” Bailey said. “They showed us the football field, academic life, the Dodie. The coaches talked to them. My mom had questions obviously about schooling. We toured the campus and kind of caught a little bit of the baseball game, kind of drove by it.”
Bailey has also been to Clemson for a junior day and has no other visits planned right now though he might return to USC for their junior day later this month. He also wants to visit Auburn and Georgia. Bailey is now involved in track season and his meets are on Sunday so that’s impacting his ability to get to schools right now.
Auburn was his most recent offer about two weeks ago. He also has offers from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Tennessee and The Citadel. Bailey has not thought about any favorites at this point.
“I’m really keeping my options open,” he said. “I’ll make a decision probably before football season this year or I might just wait to after.”
Bailey added that there’s no separation right now between USC and Clemson. “They are pretty much about even. I like both the campuses and I like both the coaches. I enjoy what their facilities they bring to the table. I do not know.”
Bailey said he has not yet decided which national post season all star game he will play in.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-usc-up-close/

Quote:
OL Zack Bailey of Summerville was an interested spectator at USC’s practice Thursday afternoon. He did talk with offensive line coach Shawn Elliott, primary recruiter Everette Sands and head coach Steve Spurrier, but his primary reason for making the drive up I-26 was to see what a Gamecock practice looked like and especially what Elliott was like in a practice session.
“I was seeing how the coaches react and interact with the player and how they coach,” Bailey said. “I was seeing their style and if it matches you. Coach Elliott reminds me a lot of our coaching style now. He drives you over your capacity. At the end of the day everything he does is to get you better.”
Bailey also got the chance to tour the campus and found it to be more compact than he had imagined. He’s also been to Clemson for a junior day and wants to visit Georgia and Auburn. He will not be at USC or Clemson for a spring game because he’ll be with family in Florida.
Right now Baily said he has a top four, in no order, of USC, Clemson, Auburn and Georgia. And he feels Thursday’s visit to Columbia was a bonus for the Gamecocks.
“It definitely helped me,” he said. “Seeing their practice shows me what they bring to the table.”
Bailey said he would like to make his decision before the season but he has no definite date in mind.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...veals-a-top-4/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:26 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #53
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

..an easy drive up for his folks to see him play.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #54
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
..an easy drive up for his folks to see him play.
And our colors don't consist of an obnoxious color scheme like some schools...
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #55
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Seems like he's at top of the board for his position
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #56
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

"Coach Elliott reminds me a lot of our coaching style now. He drives you over your capacity. At the end of the day everything he does is to get you better.”

Zack is coached by Buddy King, OL Coach at Summerville. Arguably, the best OL Coach in this state. Buddy had coaching stops at Clemson, USC, LSU and Arkansas.

Buddy also coached Brandon Shell when he was at Goose Creek.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #57
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

We lead as of right now.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 PM   #58
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9444
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Sweet, let's hope we snag him
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #59
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Need to lock him up...one of the top guys in the state...
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I've read elsewhere that new 2015 baseball commit TJ Hopkins, 2016 baseball commit Sawyer Bridges, and Bailey are very close friends...
I think Sawyer is a Clemson commit.
https://twitter.com/SawyerBridges
Two-time National Champs